Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Hotlinking?

View Post Originally Posted by lulu
I always use Tinypic and Photobucket. You're fine. I'm not sure why Dixiecup said no in the first place. But they are fine. Those sites are meant for you to upload them.
Oh no, tinypic, imageshack and photobucket are totally fine. It is the ones where you put the link in the text box (not the picture uploader box) that are dangerous.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

webkinzkb is an unknown quantity at this point

yes it does. and i love tiny pic
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #23
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Oh no, tinypic, imageshack and photobucket are totally fine. It is the ones where you put the link in the text box (not the picture uploader box) that are dangerous.
I don't really think those are considered hotlinking, are they? I thought that was when you copy an image location, and then use the little yellow mountain icon to insert it. If so, I've been doing some hotlinking without realizing it.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #24
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

No, I asked FIA and She said no, it doesn't count as hotlinking.
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #25
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
No, I asked FIA and She said no, it doesn't count as hotlinking.
Wait, do you mean what we were talking about a few posts ago, or something different?
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #26
ishing U A Great Day
Gift Guru

Vickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tell
Vickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tell

Donation Award 

Wow, this is so confusing!Is glitter graphics okay? From what I understand they give you permission to use the codes from the pics there or am I wrong?
Vickie is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

hotlinking is using a pic with out permission... leeching off of the bandwidth and taking the link with out permission... .. if you upload your own picture to imageshack for example.. they give you a variety of links to use... it is your picture, that is a storage site...

say you are looking on someone personal website and see a nice graphic you like.. you take the link to there picture and post it elsewhere.. that is hotlinking..
Trust me, I've worked in webdesign.. and Imageshack and storage sites are not hotlinking...
taking someone elses link directly from their site IS hotlinking.. lol.. in other words.. do no take images from someone elses site, using their links and claiming them as your own.. you are using that persons bandwidth, which is 'hotlinking'

LOL...
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #28
ishing U A Great Day
Gift Guru

Vickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tell
Vickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tellVickie has too much Rep to tell

Donation Award 

So, glitter graphics is okay?
Vickie is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #29
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Vickie
So, glitter graphics is okay?

Do they give you a link?
Or do you have to save the picture somewhere yourself?

If they give you permission and a link.. then that is NOT hotlinking...

Are you using it as a signiture or avatar I'm guessing?
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #30
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Okay What is everyone's definition of hotlinking...maybe that is why I am getting confused here, too! I think that hotlinking is when you provide the link within the text, you know like [http://sitelink-for-pic.com] (not a real link), as a press on link in the body of the text. You are all calling the Uploader tool a hotlink, am I right? If you are talking about that lil yellow picture anything that you put in there is generally a hosted picture or document. I guess it could be considered a 'hotlink' because it does establish a link between two applications. But with a hotlink when the Data changes so do the graphics, charts, spreadsheets or documents. That little box is specifically intended for hyper text mark-up language and the image is static, no variance...ummm....maybe I better just quit, i think I AM getting WAY too technical, here.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed