Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #11
fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Default Re: Hope someone can help me out re:daughter's account

Great advice everyone!

Its tough that this account was hacked twice. When I see that, it makes me think Secret Code...but then like legalcat said...your password would have been changed and you wouldn't be able to log in.

Something you might consider doing until you can figure out if there is something else up with this account is for YOU...to start another account. Get a lilkinz...anything cheap. You set it up...with your own difficult password...dont even share with your kids. Ship her rare stuff over for a while and see what happens. Let your daughter play on there if she wants...but YOU log her in.

Since we all end up caving...lol...you might want to go ahead and set it up in the asian account time zone...because we all end up doing so anyhow (we're addicted...what can we say..lol). And you'll get an extra gift on holidays. This has proven really helpful to us. We don't necessarily stock up to trade rather we give out presents to my daughter's friends who have just recently started playing webkinz.

Just a thought. It seems veryyyyyyyyyyy suspect to me that its twice now. So, it seems like until you can figure out whats up...a hideaway might come in handy.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
ho knew? I'm a
Gift Guru
rossikinz is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear this has happened to you! Change your password monthly! Make sure it's a combination of letters and numbers. Also - delete everyone from her friends list. I only add people when trading and then delete after trade has gone through - unless their family - they don't stay on my friends list. Also - make sure she isn't sharing her wwid or pw with anyone. You might also try contacting Ganz - sometimes they can trace it....Good luck!
rossikinz is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
Gift Guru
ladyprobationer will become famous soon enough

Has your daughter had any friends over and showed thm her webkins. I someone watched her they and they were able to remember it they could have signed into her account without her knowing. I know we hate to think friends would do this but it does happen in the real world why not here.

ladyprobationer is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #14
spurdoc is an unknown quantity at this point

All great comments...anything I was going to say has already been said (trying to make helpful posts but I always seem to be late!)

Mostly remember about changing ALL passwords anytime you access an account from other than your OWN computer, since people can watch and memorize IDs and PWs. Change passwords every so often regardless. If you even have a small suspicion that your child has possibly given out a pw or id, change it right away.

Wow, Legalcat, I learned something new....about the keyloggers....I didn't know about that little dilemma (well, NOT so little!) Rep for you!

Off to change my passwords! (not just on WW either!)
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #15

Yeah key loggers are sneaky little things... they literally can be downloaded in seconds and are very easy to install... any spy ware type of program should pick them up for the most part... they record every keystroke you make even when you hit the delete key... thts why its a good idea not to use other peoples computers or public computers to log into accounts because your user name and pw could get recorded... I doubt it happens very oiften, but all you need is a nosy person lol

and welcome to WI spurdoc
Old 05-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Doglover8024 is a
Webkinz :)
doglover8024 is an unknown quantity at this point

my sister has the same problem...
doglover8024 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #17
MEH! ▼
OceanBluue has a spectacular aura about

I am really sorry to hear this!

Ask your daughter if she gave her Webkinz Card to anyone?
Since you changed her password, and it is still getting hacked, try doing that.

I think that deleting everyone off of her friends list is a great idea!
Since the hacker can't be sent gifts without them being on their friends list, that would work perfectly!
You can check her account everyday to see if she has added any friends, and delete them...(Your daughter might not like that though) But if she doesn't send any items to anyone, then I think she might be able to handle nobody on her buddy list.
That is horrible that someone hacked her site and stole all of her stuff! I hope that doesn't happen to your son too!

Good Luck with everything (and wishes that no more hackers come!)

Last edited by larkrose; 05-20-2008 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Blue ink is reserved for WI staff.
OceanBluue is offline Male
Old 05-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #18
raspberry is on a distinguished road

That kind of happened to me too, but no one hacked. it just disappeared. i don't know. sorry i can't help.
raspberry is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
tree lover

that is sad! Who would stoop that low just to steal things from online?? U should make their passwords something like this : IlOvEyOu! No one would guess that! so something weird or dumb! like yowazuppeople that is good one! hope no one hacks again!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #20
wandajean is on a distinguished road

I have a question. Does your daughter go to the W-Shop, click on Sell items and then place her rares in the sell spots and then remove them? Some people do this to see how much the items are. I have discovered that if you do this, there is a glitch that happens that will take your exclusive items. I have lost 2 items that way and read other similar things on WI of others having the same problem. You might make sure she is not doing that. Once you varify she is not doing that, you might want to send Ganz an e-mail or call them and let them know what is happening. Giving them information may also help Ganz to help us prevent this in the future.

Good Luck!