Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Lil Kinz

buddyblankies is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Hope someone can help me out re:daughter's account

My daughter's account was hacked for the second time.She logged on tonight to find some of her rare items missing.I've been trying to read on how to make her account safer but would like any and all tips.She's changed her pw again, and I've done the same to my son's account.I really am appalled that people would do this and dread losing anything else that she's worked hard to get
thank you in advance for any help
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Sparkleprincess56
Gift Trainee

KinzKidatHeart will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Hope someone can help me out re:daughter's account

Make your password with caps and lower case, also try using symbols and numbers. Try to make sure it makes no sense delete everyone she doesn't know from her friends list. Are you sure they have been sent to another account? Sometimes things do go missing and reappear later it has happened to me. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Lil Kinz

thank you for responding-I went through and deleted people from her list that she didn't know.She didn't send anything to anyone ... everything was there this morning and this evening when she logged on, stuff was gone like her Hot Air Balloon and Golf Cart, along with other things like pendants from her trading cards.I made up their pw's this time but still it saddens me that people do this... I did write to support but I know the likelihood of anything being done is next to nothing...
Any thing else that helps avoid this?My son would be devastated if he lost things
Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
darleina
Gift Guru

darleina is just really nicedarleina is just really nice

I had to change my sons password awhile back ! nothing went missing but one of MYfriends called me to let me know that her daughter was in his account just looking around my son who did not know any better as this was 1 of his friends and trusted her (and still can to this day ! ) but thought it really was ok ...mostly my fault he heard me tell my mother the password and my grown daughter as it was easier than following the pets around and getting logged out of webkinz. I was lucky that she called me to let me know or things could have gone missing (found out later he had given it to a few of his friends that day in school (gr.1) so we had a chat again ! then I changed it and did not give it to him I logged on for him ! so I would re check to see if it was given out in secret ( I do know that is NOT the only way things go missing !!! ) I have had things go missing and reappear the next time I logged in ! I hope Your things return to you OR you find them in an other room ! anyway Good Luck It sounds like you have done everything else right !!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
godsgirl13
Gift Guru

Godsgirl13 is a jewel in the roughGodsgirl13 is a jewel in the rough

I think someone may have her secret code if it has been hacked in for the second time. I hope you get this all straighten out soon! And I am with you too, I have had a few trading card codes stolen from me, it's amazing what people do on Webkinz.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #6
Webkinz :)

PookieBear is a glorious beacon of lightPookieBear is a glorious beacon of lightPookieBear is a glorious beacon of light

If your children are young, may be you should be the only one that knows that password. That way, you control their access to Webkinz and they don't innocently give their password away.

If they are older, try a combination of large caps and small caps with numbers. That works really well and it will be a lot harder to crack. Also, make sure the passwords are common things that kids would be able to guess, like a favourite cartoon, pet name, etc.

I hope no one else hacks into your daughter's account.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Lil Kinz

Thank you for the responses. The first time it happened, we're almost positive it probably was a friend who guessed her pw but this time my daughter (who's removed ) didn't give out her pw to anyone.She's been on game sites for a few years so she usually is pretty smart about these things-not to trust friends into her account, etc....I made sure these new ones are harder and not guessable by friends or just by knowing her.My son is almost remvoed and he doesn't know his pw in case he accidentally tells.
I just checked and her items aren't back, not in any of her rooms . She's taking it very well, but I'm more than a little annoyed since this game cost real money to play on the site.
Thank you again for the help, guess I'll wait and see if CS responds to my email

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 05-19-2008 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: removed ages
Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Hi Buddies, welcome to Webkinz Insider! You should go and post in the Hi I'm Joe and I love my Webkinz category so that everyone can get to know a bit about you! Like everyone here says. make the password very secure. Use a sequence of numbers and letters, but only something that she can remember. Try using a passcode with mixed numbers and letters. Like the first day of spring is 21/03 (relatively) every year. Then mix it with a word that she likes, like oh say...popsicle... 2po1ps0ic0le3. That is a very secure type of code.
I know you are new so take a few moments to browse the FAQ and the rules. One of the things we are not allowed to do is reveal the ages of our little ones. It is for their own safety and security. Once you reach the ten posts mark, you will be able to PM and you can ask any moderator or Administrator your questions that don't get the answers. For now, if you click on people's names, you can leave a short message on the profile page. Many of us would only be too glad to help you. Hope to see you in the forum! Welcome to Webkinz Insider!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
call me maisy! :)
Gift Guru

maisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant future

Hello, and welcome to Webkinz Insider.
I'd think that you should give your little ones passwords like Ch0ClaTE20h(Don't use that one because then 87 thousand people would know your kids' password )
Make it something really long. Veeeeeeery Long that is.
Thats' a very good idea to type it for your kids.

Hope I helped!
-Sincerely Maisydog13
maisydog13 is offline Male
Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
legalcat

Hi there.. as someone else said, it is VERY likely that someone has a secret code from the account if you got hacked twice... its extremely unlikely that someone actually guessed the password twice unless your using really obvious passwords..

However --- knowing the secret code only lets them CHANGE the password... so if the password wasnt CHANGED then that is not the case.... if they had done that, obviously the next time you went to logon, your password would not work and you would have to use the same method to change it back to your own password...

You should CALL ganz, not wait for a response to an email which could take weeks... I can tell you right now that they will not replace any of the items, unless you get some magical CS rep who doesnt need her job...

Something else to consider is that if your daugher is using webkinz at school or at a friends house, a key logger can easily be used to record her password... keyloggers only take seconds to install and they are hidden... they are available for free on the internet... they record everything you type (including user names and passwords) and then when your done with the computer the person who installed the key logger can come back and pull up a text file and they have the information...
Closed