Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
Gifted
sparkeigh is on a distinguished road

Angry Unanswered: HELP!! What to do about account hijacks?

My daughter's account is constantly being hijacked. Someone must have or decifered one of her pet's secret codes because the password keeps getting changed and items in her house are disappearing...

I'm at a loss about what to do about it. We keep logging back on, changing her password to something else...but they keep changing it too.

What can be done?

I've suggested she get another webkinz and just open a separate account, but she's worked so hard on her house and is attached to her animals and just doesn't want to give it up.

Is there any recourse at all?

Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
<3
Webkinz :)

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

Default Re: HELP!! What to do about account hijacks?

You notify GANZ immediatly. I've heard that they can track this.
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Old 05-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Notify Ganz immediately.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 05-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #4

pyranesepup is just really nicepyranesepup is just really nice

You should notify GANZ immediatly.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Gifted
sparkeigh is on a distinguished road

How do you notify them?
Through email? Telephone?
Old 05-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
wifan

I would say to call them.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Don't be a silly

Impatience is an unknown quantity at this point

Telephone is the best way. I've read that the people through the e-mail support are snarky and rude.

1-866-WEBKINZ
(1-866-932-5469)
Old 05-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
1bowlinggirl

That is terrible! I think a good solution would be to start another account and mail all of her items to it! thant way she doesnt lose them
Old 05-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #9
αℓℓ уσυ ηєє∂ ιѕ ℓσνє
Gifted

Wonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socks

Immediatly contact GANZ. And if nothing can be done, then send the items to a new account. I hope everything works out.
Wonder1001 is offline Female
Old 05-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #10
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

They have a way of resetting your account ... you lose all that you have on the account, but you are able to use all the codes all over again. I'd find out which pet is compromised and then wouldn't use that code again. You would need to start an new account to move all your current items to. You could find a trusted friend and have them help you move items over to your daughter's new account. Unfortunately, they will be closed until Tuesday due to the holiday. I'd open the new account tonight and start moving items over.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Closed