Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Lara is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Help Viewing Screen Shots in Forum

Apparently when I copied what I see I copied a real screen shot that others can see, but I can not. All I see is a small box with an X in it and sometimes the words, click to see in full size. Even if I click on it all I see is a larger box with an X in it. I don't know why everyone else can see this and I can not. It is very frustrating.

I am having a problem viewing screen shots in the forum. Occasionally I can, but most of the time this is all I see...

Click the image to open in full size.

When I click on the box I just see a larger image of this exact same thing. Does anyone know why or what I can do to solve this problem. I really want to see pictures of peoples houses to get some new ideas.
Thanks!

Last edited by Lara; 10-17-2009 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: Further explaination
Best Answer - Posted by Cloud One
View Post Originally Posted by Lara
Cloud one--I think you are on to something. The only pics I can see are photobucket. I can't see flickr or tinypic. Do you know what would cause that?

THANK YOU for taking the time to help me figure this out!
It sounds like you may have some kind of filtering or blocking enabled on your browser or virus software or firewall.

Try downloading a completely different browser like Firefox. See if you can see pictures with that. If you can, then the problem might be a setting in Explorer. If you still can't see the pictures in Firefox, then it might be a setting on your computer (firewall, virus etc.) Let me know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Default Re: Help Viewing Screen Shots in Forum

I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is a way to do that. I'll try to find out for you, and then I'll let you know!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

I am having a problem viewing screen shots in the forum. Occasionally I can, but most of the time this is all I see...

Click the image to open in full size.

When I click on the box I just see a larger image of this exact same thing. Does anyone know why or what I can do to solve this problem. I really want to see pictures of peoples houses to get some new ideas.
Thanks!
I'm not sure I understand your question. When you click on an attachment, or when you click on a picture that's within a post, you will be taken to that picture in its full size. Sometimes, its full size isn't very big. There's no way to see it any larger than the size of the original uploaded picture.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Happy Holidays!
Gift Guru

Luvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no bounds
Luvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no boundsLuvmywebbies knows no bounds

Donation Award 

yes unfortunately you can not get it larger. the individual who uploads the pic needs to make it bigger from their end. Hope this helped.
Luvmywebbies is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

I don't get what you are saying. I see a perfectly fine picture of Webkinz World. I guess we're using different systems. I'm on Mozilla Firefox on a laptop. Are using a desktop or IE perhaps?
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

The picture I see is big and perfectly fine.

There are two ways of posting pictures here on WI:
1. Uploading them as attachments- the picture comes up as a small box and you have to click it to make it larger. (this is NOT what you did)
2. Posting a big picture (like what you did). Going to tinypic or another image hosting site, uploading it from your computer, copying the IMG code, and pasting it into your post here.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:21 PM   #7

I guess when I copied what I see I copied a screen shot that is different from what you are seeing. All I see is a little box with an X in it and the words "click to see in full size". There isn't ANY picture on my screen. I am in explorer, but I know other people that can see pictures, but I can't see 90% of screen shots. It is very frustrating.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

That screenshot seems to be hosted at Flickr. Click on others that you can't see and see what the URL says for the picture. Is it only flickr photos that give you trouble? Tinypic? Photobucket. See if there's a pattern.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #9

Cloud one--I think you are on to something. The only pics I can see are photobucket. I can't see flickr or tinypic. Do you know what would cause that?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Gifted

It sounds like you may have some kind of filtering or blocking enabled on your browser or virus software or firewall.

Try downloading a completely different browser like Firefox. See if you can see pictures with that. If you can, then the problem might be a setting in Explorer. If you still can't see the pictures in Firefox, then it might be a setting on your computer (firewall, virus etc.) Let me know how it goes.
Closed