Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

Default Re: help urgent lead

From what I heard is that the charms have lead over the legal limit and that they were sued by somebody (forgot who it was) and a Ganz rep or something admited it that they will be pulled off the shelves. Just to be safe you should take your dog to the vet because the charm might cause problems anyways.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

*EDIT* editing out the response you quoted -fairlyoddmom

If they contained lead you would not still be able to buy them from ebay. I would definatly call my vet before I tried something like this. I would call them anyways just to see what they do recommend that you do. There should not be a charge for just calling them for advice. I called when I thought my cat had swallowed a rubber band she was playing with and they had me bring her up but only because they thought it might get caught in her intestines.

Last edited by fairlyoddmom; 02-23-2009 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: editing out the response you quoted
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #13

morgan57 is on a distinguished road

Could they hurt a human rep to all of you
Old 02-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #14

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

I don't think they can hurt a human either if but would not recomend eating one anyways.
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #15
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No, the only way they can hurt a human is if ALL 24 of them are swallowed. Most of the Pewter now a days is made with a GREAT percentage of TIN, not lead. Only Antique Pewter contains a higher trace amount of it. Ganz Charms are made of Pewter, becuase it is a LIGHT-WEIGHT metal and you can hold all 24 Charms on your necklace or bracelet that way. If there is NO lead in them, they will just mangle the charms, so a small amount has to be in them so they stay that shape.
Here is a letter received from Ganz to a person who was concerned
Dear Mr.

Thank you for contacting Ganz regarding your concern about Webkinz Charms.

The Consumer Products Safety Commission's proposed rules for lead content in children's jewelry establishes a maximum of 0.06%. Webkinz metal products may contain lead, but in amounts less than 0.06%. Lead is known to be harmful to human health. Avoid swallowing Webkinz metal products. Any ingestion of a Webkinz metal product should be reported to a physician with this information about its lead content.

I hope that this has answered any questions that you may have about our Webkinz Charms.

Elaine Parsons

Director, Operations
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #16

morgan57 is on a distinguished road

what if a baby ****** on it

---------- morgan57 added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later ----------

not the whole thing half

---------- morgan57 added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

thnaks rep to every one who posted

Last edited by morgan57; 02-23-2009 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
dusangpyong
Gift Guru

dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!

Whether or not the lead in them is a danger to people who wear the charms (or even eat the charms), there still could be some issues once it is ingested by the dog in question. Depending on the size of the dog, even a minute amount of lead could hurt it and I don't see any mention of what breed or size the dog is. The dog needs to go to the vet and if you have any other charms, you should take one with you to show the vet. Besides that, you need to consider whether the item ingested had any sharp points that could damage the intestines as it (hopefully) passes through. If it doesn't pass through, then the vet will need to remove it. Good luck with your dog.
dusangpyong is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #18
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Hi there. I'm concerned you're asking some serious questions that might be better answered by a professional.

Our members can share with you what they know about the lead content in the charms based on research they have done themselves. If you need to know this information because it is personally affecting you, I strongly suggest you research articles about the amount of lead in the charms and then show those findings to a professional.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed