Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 
Default Unanswered: Help - Screen Keeps erasing while writing post reply

Anybody having dificulty with your screen jumping back to previous page when in the middle of writing a reply to a post.
In the middle of writing a reply to a thread, the screen blanks and then goes back to the previous page, completely erasing everything I had just wrote! This happens quite frequently to the point I just give up!
I only have the one window open and the computer is new.

Any help is appreciated!
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
HomieWHONKā„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Help - Screen Keeps erasing while writing post reply

I don't know what to do with that problem, but I'd suggest to highlight everything (if you're typing a lot, use Ctrl+A) and copy it every few sentences just in case it bounces back unexpectedly. That's what I do sometimes

Also, the browser you're using might affect it. Try switching to another one, such as Safari or Firefox.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
*Poof* I'm a
Webkinz :)

laurencyrus has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry! It gets really frusterating, I know. It happens to me all the time. I think it is just because when you type, you hit the wrong key and it makes you stop typing in the box, you know, like when you click outside the box, you can't type. Then, when you press too many buttons, it goes back a page and deletes your message. That is why it does that for me. You may be having a different problem though. I am sorry you get to the pointwhere you simply give up...I am super determined lol. Once I had to retype a particularly long profile message over three times because of this. If you are typing a pretty long message to someone, I recommedfirst typing it in a word program then pasting it into the comment box so that it can't get deleted. Hope this helps, and sorry for your ordeal!
laurencyrus is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Only thing I can think is maybe your CTRL or ALT key is stuck ... you could inadvertently be telling the computer to go back a page or something (like CTRL+BKSPACE) or something ...
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #5
Gifted

williamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledgewilliamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledgewilliamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledgewilliamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledgewilliamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledgewilliamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledgewilliamson_39 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
Only thing I can think is maybe your CTRL or ALT key is stuck ... you could inadvertently be telling the computer to go back a page or something (like CTRL+BKSPACE) or something ...
No, it is a problem with the WI site, and seems to affect Internet Explorer. Another discussion of it can be found here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=452979

No comment from anyone at WI about it yet that I have seen. I share your frustration.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 

Thanks everyone for the great ideas and input. I will be trying all of your recommendations.

View Post Originally Posted by williamson_39
No, it is a problem with the WI site, and seems to affect Internet Explorer. Another discussion of it can be found here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=452979

No comment from anyone at WI about it yet that I have seen. I share your frustration.
Thanks, for the thread link. I had looked for one but couldn't find it. I think I will start typing some of my longer replies in a word program, and cut and paste it - to avoid any more lost replies!!
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy Re: Help - Screen Keeps erasing while writing post reply

I think this whole site is having an upgrading issue right now. give it a few days it should be back to normal.
I cannot click the plus and get thread to open and read it, I must go to post a response to find out what it is about ...
and I cannot add smiles and stuff anymore.
I used to include graphics and stuff just to be cheery but no longer can, and after 2 months of trying to figure it out I have given up.

---------- a3doglife added 12 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by williamson_39

thanks for this, it has been some time and come to think of it it happened around the holidys and I also have problems with loading and it also does affect my browser whether it is IE or firefox. It seems as though the WW problems are now gravitating to anything webkinz related. And I do think the virus filled Ads are a big part of the problem. My virus alert comes up on a few items hare and in some posts here too. I think the ads on WW are the same cause of a lot of the problems. It's not like all those ads on WW are necessary, they are rediculous really. anyway I do enjoy this site & I hope the problems are fixed soon.

Last edited by a3doglife; 02-02-2009 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I have noticed that when writing, the site updates while I am posting. When I caught the words one time, it said it was saving my progress (I write very long post sometimes... ). My guess is that if you forward to the page, your text will be saved if somehow you are being sent back a page. It's one of the new features I have noticed on WI.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
Melody is my
Banned
Sgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with grace

no idea sorry good luck

---------- Sgarabo added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

weird looks like they are cross-eyed

Last edited by Sgarabo; 02-02-2009 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sgarabo is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife
I think this whole site is having an upgrading issue right now. give it a few days it should be back to normal.
I cannot click the plus and get thread to open and read it, I must go to post a response to find out what it is about ...
and I cannot add smiles and stuff anymore.
I used to include graphics and stuff just to be cheery but no longer can, and after 2 months of trying to figure it out I have given up.
This is probably not your issue, but just on the off-chance it is it wouldn't take long to check:

Go to User CP > Edit Option ... towards the end of the page make sure the choice that says "show images" is checked.

Also when actually replying, make sure the "disable smilies" options is unchecked
sno4270 is offline Female
Closed