Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
Lil Kinz
tomlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Help - Renaming Rooms

Hi, My name is Lynn, my granddaughters have 70 Webkinz, we are trying to organize their pets rooms, by renaming some of them. But we are having trouble. I click rename, click the room that I want to change the name of, highlight the room name and hit delete, type in the new name and the messge I get is "Oops, you have used a word that is not allowed". I have tried this over and over again with numerous different rooms and different names with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero
Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero

Default Re: Help - Renaming Rooms

View Post Originally Posted by tomlyn
Hi, My name is Lynn, my granddaughters have 70 Webkinz, we are trying to organize their pets rooms, by renaming some of them. But we are having trouble. I click rename, click the room that I want to change the name of, highlight the room name and hit delete, type in the new name and the messge I get is "Oops, you have used a word that is not allowed". I have tried this over and over again with numerous different rooms and different names with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

The new filter program ganz put into effect a few months ago has made it impossible to use many of the names for rooms that we could use before. Unfortunately it is now trial and error till you find names it will allow. It is very frustrating but nothing you can do but keep trying.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
orld's Slowest
Webkinz :)

derring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with grace

My rooms also can't be renamed (even to "safe" words like "kitchen.") I've read somewhere on WI that some large group of us are stuck on servers which have a very strange or limited dictionary of allowable words. Apparently everyone doesn't have this problem, but if you do...

I wrote to Ganz early about this, and got some strange, non-useful reply concerning naming the rooms based on their dictionary. Of course, they don't give you the list of allowable words, so it was basically useless.

I've given up naming, but perhaps others will be more help to you. Welcome to the WI! And a little rep to you, too, as a welcome.

---------- derring do added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

Sorry, we cross-posted Lioness. Has anyone made an effort to create a dictionary of allowable words? That's something I haven't come across.

Last edited by derring do; 06-06-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
derring do is offline Female
Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero

View Post Originally Posted by derring do
My rooms also can't be renamed (even to "safe" words like "kitchen.") I've read somewhere on WI that some large group of us are stuck on servers which have a very strange or limited dictionary of allowable words. Apparently everyone doesn't have this problem, but if you do...

I wrote to Ganz early about this, and got some strange, non-useful reply concerning naming the rooms based on their dictionary. Of course, they don't give you the list of allowable words, so it was basically useless.

I've given up naming, but perhaps others will be more help to you. Welcome to the WI! And a little rep to you, too, as a welcome.

---------- derring do added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

Sorry, we cross-posted Lioness. Has anyone made an effort to create a dictionary of allowable words? That's something I haven't come across.
Yes I know there was a thread started somewhere but not sure where exactly. If I come across it again I'll come back and post the link. Perhaps someone else will remember and do that for you. Oh and the cross post thing happens all the time
Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
friends4ever3
Gifted

softballsister is on a distinguished road

I have also been having trouble renaming my rooms. I think alot of people have. I guess the only thing there really is to say is to keep trying. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope you find something that works.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Gift Guru

I also found out that if a room was named one thing and I decided to change it and the new name isn't allowed it won't always let you change it back to the old one either.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

JennandBeau is an unknown quantity at this point

Smile Re: Help - Renaming Rooms

I've had the same problem and have thus resorted to renaming my rooms for the theme (not the pet). This seems to work 95% of the time. I've only encountered a few glitches since I've renamed my rooms this way. Maybe Ganz recognizes (room) themes as names more frequently and more easily than something not in "the system."

Hope this helps!

Jenn

My Pets:

:el1::chi::pgn::koala::kanga::pig: (lil):koala:
Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
O Praise Him ♥
Gift Guru

pollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant futurepollytoad77 has a brilliant future

Well it works for me. But I think you can only rename a room you bought, not the room that comes with your pet.

To rename a room you CAN'T be in the room, click the 'rename' button then click the room you want renamed. after you type it in click the check mark. This should work.
pollytoad77 is offline Female
Closed