Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #11
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: HELP PLEASE

You are not alone... As disappointing as it is, this does happen... And, yes, I HATE it when this happens, but nothing can really be done about it. Whenever this happens to me, it is the result of an interruption of my internet service.......
ArkMama is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
ow !!! I can fly
Webkinz :)

happy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to all

I cant get into webkinz now !!! I am using ff !!! before I was in webkinz and it worked until I went to get items out of storage and then it froze on me!!!! I had to shout down the computer
happy1979 is offline Female
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #13

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

If i were you, I would call GANZ
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #14
Supermanfan2

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

Ganz can't and won't fix this. The Webkinz account freezing up is because your internet connection slowed down. Ganz will not just give you a random prize from one of the wheels, they have no idea what you would have won if the spin had worked and they are not responsible for your internet speed changing. Everyone else was able to access the wheel with no problems, you should make sure you have no other websites open and that no one else in the house is using the internet before logging in to Webkinz.
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Old 10-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #15
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

You probably got KC, because the prize can be predetermined and it will immediately be in your dock. Also, SugarFrenzy is right- the glitch was the fault of either you or your internet/computer. GANZ can't be held responsible for it, and cannot fix it.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
Ganz can't and won't fix this. The Webkinz account freezing up is because your internet connection slowed down. Ganz will not just give you a random prize from one of the wheels, they have no idea what you would have won if the spin had worked and they are not responsible for your internet speed changing. Everyone else was able to access the wheel with no problems, you should make sure you have no other websites open and that no one else in the house is using the internet before logging in to Webkinz.

This sounds kind of harsh. JMO. Other people do have problems; maybe not all of the time, but I do have problems.

It is totally wrong of you to say "you should make sure you have no other websites open and that no one else in the house is using the internet before logging in to Webkinz" ... because that is not how the internet works. You also share the internet with all of your neighbors under the same plan that you have. Are you supposed to make sure that none of your neighbors are using the internet so you have a dedicated line? NO! If you have a really slow and really old computer, then perhaps only having one window open on your computer would help. Most computers can handle multitasking. If you have a really slow internet connection, then you could make sure that no one in the house is downloading a large file from the internet.

Even if it is a lost internet connection between the computer and Ganz's servers, it could be a Ganz server issue. I have had a lot of things in WW freeze because of Ganz server issues (and NOT my internet connection/speed/etc.). Every 6 minutes or so I get "Please Wait..." as WW servers send information to lower my pets Happiness/Hunger/Health. I also get intermittent "Please Wait..." when WW goes and checks with the kinzpost server. The kinzpost server is SLOOOOWWWW.... and if this happens when I am in the middle of a Kinzville Academy class, I usually fail the class because it gets stuck trying to transfer data from the kinzpost server. I can tell this when I am using Firefox because of the messages at the bottom of the screen (where the data is transferring from). There is no reason for WW to go check the kinzpost server intermittently (especially when I rarely get new messages); but they do it anyway. Ganz could set it up to only check the kinzpost server when you log in or when you go to your room; but they don't do that. They do it every so many minutes, causing "Please Waits...." and lost connections to their server because their servers are slow. (If I lose my internet connection, my computer notifies me and lets me know when I get the connection back... so far this has not happened while I am on WW... The only reason I lose connection to WW is because of the Ganz servers).

The only suggestion I would have is to make sure you have your temporary files (i.e. cache) and cookies on your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) cleared every time WW does an update. I usually do it more often than that on the web browsers I use. After clearing that data, you should close down your browser windows and bring up a fresh WW window from the main page (don't use a bookmarked page because you may not get all the new temporary files you need to make WW run properly). Some of the files are loaded on your computer when you click the log in from the main page. Some of the files are loaded when you log in. Some of the files are loaded when you try to do an activity and fail to be able to do it (like Dunk the Zingoz and Quizzy's blast) because of their programming errors. If this happens as in Quizzy's Blast, then log off your account and back on (without clearing your temp files/cache and cookies) and you should be able to do the activity when you log back on.

Good luck! If you need help figuring out how to clear your temp files/cache and cookies, then see this link: Clear Your Browser's Cache - wikiHow

SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
Call Me Hummingbird
Gifted

hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!hummingbird333 is headed for the top!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, this has happened to me before, and I don't think there's really anything that you can do to fix it. You could call Ganz and report it if you like, but I saw that in a post here you said you don't want to do that. And you're right; Ganz should fix the problems in WW.

I wouldn't worry about it though. I'm sure you'll get lots more chances to spin the Wheel of the Month in the future.
hummingbird333 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #18
ow!I love my flute!

Cin9000 has a brilliant futureCin9000 has a brilliant futureCin9000 has a brilliant futureCin9000 has a brilliant futureCin9000 has a brilliant future

Sorry that has been happening to you.
Cin9000 is offline Female
Old 10-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Sorry to hear about your computer freezing up. I know first hand how you feel. I did a few things with my computer and WW account.

I cleared my cache. Ran the Defrag program. Made sure my virus protection and firewall were current on their shots.

On WW, I noticed that if I have more than 100 items in my dock, I would have similar problems as you, so I sold what I didn't want and stored the rest in my rooms. WW sped up considerably after my dock was emptied, and did not freeze up as often.

The dock issue was the biggie. My computer would freeze upon loading after intial login. As soon as you can get back on, try to empy your account's dock.

Also, if possible, try Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Don't do anything with your computer's programming unless the computer belongs to you or you have permission to do so.

I think updating my virus program was the 2nd biggest issue with my computer, but that may have been completely separate from the WW issue.

I have to agree that most of the problems lay with your computer and internet connection. The internet connection may not be in your control.

Good luck. Please keep posting with updates. I want to know if you still have problems, or gave up altogether (I hope not). I also want to know if these problems were solved, and what you did to solve them. That info may help another WI Member.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #20
ho?... Me?
Gifted

Add On: If you have a lot of items in storage, it may seem like your computer is freezing up. Be patient. My computer would prompt several times that there was an error wih something, and if I continued the program may slow down or not run properly. I always clicked continue, and after about 5 minutes of this, all my items in the dock would eventually appear. That's when I emptied out the dock....
Closed

Tags
s e c r e t n i n j a