Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #11
lukemadtv

Default Re: Help Please?

My mom had bought me norton but it just doesn't do anything for me idk why so yesterday I reset the computer with the viruses I just wiped out everything
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #12
Gifted

webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
AVG free is regarded as the top free scaning tool -
and one of the top anti virus programs around.

You can download and install it here:
http://free.grisoft.com/
i agree with miss gnomie i use that program it is wonderful
webkinz is fun is offline Female
Old 06-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #13
Charky

AVG free antivirus is the best free solution - especially when it is combined with ad-aware and/or spybot search & destroy. However, if you already have a virus/spyware on your system then your best bet is to restore the system back to it's factory defaults or re-install and then first thing is to install the free antivirus. These viruses have a habit of hiding themselves from the antivirus scanner if they got on before the antivirus did - I guess what I am saying is don't trust you computer if it got infected just restore it to factory settings or re-install it.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #14
silt
Gifted

Cappy is just really niceCappy is just really nice

I agree with those above that AVG is great anti-virus software, and Spybot Search & Destroy is excellent for getting rid of spyware. You would also benefit from running AdAware once and a while too. The free version of AdAware can be found here:

http://lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

The three free tools are pretty much all you need to avoid getting viruses and things. You should also use Firefox to browse the internet and never use Internet Explorer.
Cappy is offline Male
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #15
Webkinz :)

Carlaz is just really niceCarlaz is just really nice

Good luck with getting rid of the viruses. I was going to recommend AdAware, but Cappy beat me to it.
Carlaz is offline Female
Old 06-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #16

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by lukemadtv
My mom had bought me norton but it just doesn't do anything for me idk why so yesterday I reset the computer with the viruses I just wiped out everything
Norton is not a very reliable anti-virus program, it's ranking is pretty low.
Mcafree is even worse - it just does not track and find the back-door virus' or the more harmful ones that AVG can. - plus AVG is free.

I think wiping the computer clean after you scan with AVG (or before, depends) is your best bet. Hopefully it can heal/remove the files with the virus on it... although if its on your hard-drive you may need to talk to a computer expert to help remove it. - it can get tricky.

Your computer could be running slow due to all the virus' on it!
MissGnomie is offline Female
Closed