Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #41
ibbly wobbly
Gifted

Inibaz has disabled reputation

Default Re: Help My Room Was Stolen and won on Kinzville News Contest

I understand that this is just a cyber world of pixels and noise, but I can see the care and creativity you put in your room. I am sorry for your loss of artistic integrity. Take comfort in the fact this 'Michelle' can't ever be proud of her trophy here, nor show it off in a post, avatar or signature.

Maybe an earlier poster is right and it was a friend entering it on your behalf. That would be a nice outcome.

Deep breaths and don't stop sharing your house with us!

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
Carolyn I am horrified at this! I am so sorry - just beyond words. That Ganz did not even attempt to look at an account and tell if the room actually existed on that account is simply unacceptable not to mention just very poor customer service.
The room I entered (Stroganoff's Autumn Cafe) was the same I entered on WI's contest in October. If Ganz checked my account, it wouldn't have been there, I sold off the countertops the day after I made the room!

It is a really good idea though to include that in the rules, that Ganz can and will check the account and the room must be there through the contest period.

(That's the rules page in my avvie, I get a kick out of reading them)

Last edited by Inibaz; 12-09-2008 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #42
grandmai
Gift Guru

Grandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

No trophy can compare to all the care and support you have all given me. Thank you so much. My room is still in my account minus the rugs that I traded but still have more to replace.
I love your Avvie, I laughed because I don't read the rules and was taken aback when I read the post that said the contest was just for children. I hope that isn't so. I guess when you play on a kids site you take for granted you are part of the crowd.
Carolyn
Old 12-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #43
Webkinz :)

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

For everyone on here....I am so sorry, but, I do hope that they will take this as a lesson learned as well....

Any thing that you post online...can easily be stolen by someone. If you draw something nice, take a great picture, make up a story, have a great idea....if you post it online, there unfortunately, are people that are willing to steal your work....this is a great shame.

Also, for those that say it was "surely a WI member" who stole your room....

This may or may not have been the case.....(I am not totally positive, but, I think you do have to be logged in to SEE the pics of the rooms, so in that case, then yes, technically, the person would have had to be a member to have SEEN the pics...but, anyone can become a WI member....it is like the Gift Exchange...being here for so long, and having so many posts helps weed out those who are just signing up for a day or two and lurking through the message boards).

However, keep in mind....yes, most of us do chat/post/comment on these boards. Most of us are NICE, POLITE, have a sense or humor or otherwise that makes us each unique...BUT, the internet ALSO keeps everyone ANONYMOUS to a point....this is the point that is the worrisome part.

YOU may think you have posted a comment once or twice to someone...so, HEY, you are GREAT Friends.....but....you do not know this person.

Someone that you have befriended is not someone who has only gone:

"Oh COOL...WOW." on your profile....

It is someone whom you have talked in great detail with...and even then....you really have to be careful about whether or not these are people who you do or do not know.

WI has a great policy about not sharing specific private info on here...particularly with minors giving out info on AGE, LOCATION.....this is very important.

But, just as important is realizing that you do not know who is going to come on and read what you wrote.....Did you by any chance POST your phone number? DID you post your user name for WW?? This is an easy way to get hacked.....I have even seen someone comment on the front page asking someone for their PASSWORD.....I was like...NO WAY...they didn't just ask that!!

Remember....this is a beautiful world we live in.....but, there are so many people that will do things to try to find an easy way to get things.....even if those are not their items, or it hurts someone in the process.

Please remember that if this could happen to Grandmai....and she is (I am going to take a wild guess here...OLDER than the age of THREE.....) then this can happen to anyone. I have seen some AWESOME artwork on here....I would hate to see someone find out that their artwork was stolen as well....or their story, or anything......

fluffrnuttr
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #44

Nightowl is a name known to allNightowl is a name known to allNightowl is a name known to all

That's extremely rude. I'm so sorry someone did this to you- and I hope that it never happens again! At least we all know that it was you who designed and took the time to create the room, so we'll give you credit!
Night
Nightowl is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 AM   #45
We want a giraffe

shellbell is a jewel in the roughshellbell is a jewel in the rough

Wow...I looked at your thread and it is definitely your room stolen. I can't believe someone would have the nerve to do that. They should be kicked off of webkinz and WI.

By the way, you have amazing rooms! You must be a millionaire!

Maybe it should be suggested to webkinz to actually view your room on your account for these contests since this could keep happening.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #46
cbbjmom

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

That is totally a cheesey down right nasty thing to do! i hope you do call Ganz and they make it right. "michelle" will trip up somewhere in chating i bet and she will be caught. i am just so sorry that it happened to you. And to 'Michele?' You should be ASHAMED!!!!
bennysmommy1 is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #47
oot! SUMMER!!!!
Gift Guru

gotchagood5 knows the way
gotchagood5 knows the waygotchagood5 knows the way

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Your rooms are great and remember....Imitation is the greatest form of flattery...even if it was cheating. Hopefully the person learns from their mistake.

Lori
gotchagood5 is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #48
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Grandmai, I am so very sorry that this happened to you, and I am really hoping that Ganz corrects the error in awarding the prize to the person who stole your design.

Hugs from Snoopy.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #49
Gift Trainee

x3Kiwi is a jewel in the roughx3Kiwi is a jewel in the rough

That was really rude of her to do! Why cant people come up with there own creativity. What is the point of winning, and the guilt of knowing you stole someones room design. Sorry that happened to you! , try contacting Ganz. They'll be able to help. That girl really should use her own creativity.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #50
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Wow - Congratulations!

It must have come as a huge surprise to find you won a contest you hadn't entered - though I seem to win contests a lot too - or at least I get a lot of emails telling me I've won millions

I feel sorry for the person (likely a kid) who did this - because ithere is a good chance that Ganz will shut down their account now that this has been discovered. Though this is a really important lesson for them to learn early. It might have seen a good idea at the time - after all how many people would possibly know - just the few who are members of WI....

I doubt that a WI regular would have done it - it doesn't take long to hang around here before you know how big and how wonderful the WI community is. Anyone can view the rooms - just do a Google search on webkinz rooms and you'll see a lot of WI rooms pop up.

Do keep us posted. I'm sure Ganz will sort it out - they know all about WI (heck I think Kinzville News is Ganz copying WI!) and the fact that that room (and those pets) are yours is easy to verify if they want to and the rules from the contest are pretty clear. Even Ganz won't miss the front page of WI telling the world that the "winner" posted on their website is a cheat.

Enjoy your new found fame - on Webkinz Insider - and on Kinzville News
Jarrah is offline Female
Closed