Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
pcatandbean is an unknown quantity at this point

Exclamation Unanswered: Help My pug is Dyed Black by the witch costume!!

Hi

has anyone else had there pet dyed by the witch costume my daughter and her best friend both now have black animals because of the dye coming off... it makes me so sad
pcatandbean is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
smk
Gifted

smk is just really nicesmk is just really nice

Default Re: Help My pug is Dyed Black by the witch costume!!

I out my witches costume on my chihuahua I will have to go check it out.
smk is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #3

I hope your Chihuahua is ok...
Old 11-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

I've heard of this problem before! With the darker clothes like the maroon/blue hoody coming off on the lighter colored webkinz like the hippos and white pets. I don't buy the clothes so I don't have this problem, but the only suggestions I can offer are:

1. hand surface-washing the webkinz with something like woolite,
2. wash the clothes a few times before letting the webkinz wear them. (check the fabric content to see if they'd shrink) but this way, if it's a "bleeding" fabric, a couple washes will help wash the extra dye out.

anycase, I'm sorry that happened to the pugs! At least, now you know to be careful when letting your kinz wear clothes!
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #5

Thank you Crystal Flute I'll try it... I'm willing to try anything.. LOL.. and silly me has bought my daughter 15 new outfits for Christmas.. Grrr Looks like I'll be doing laundry on Christmas day..
Old 11-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #6
Gifted

WEBKINZ0415 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by pcatandbean
Thank you Crystal Flute I'll try it... I'm willing to try anything.. LOL.. and silly me has bought my daughter 15 new outfits for Christmas.. Grrr Looks like I'll be doing laundry on Christmas day..
AWW can I come to your house for Christmas, lol?! I would try the Tide sticks that might work too. Good luck!
WEBKINZ0415 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 02:11 AM   #7
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by pcatandbean
I'm surprised they would sell outfits that would dye the webkinz that wear them! Washing them a couple times is the only way I can think of to get most of that excess dye out. I remember once I dropped my scrunchie into a bowl of water and it immediately bled all this color into the water and the water became like a solid dark purple. It took a LOT of washing to get the majority of it out, but even then I still think it bleeds a little...
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 11-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #8
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

It's really unfortunate that they're using such cheap dyes in the clothes! Now I'm concerned that perhaps I should take off all the clothes from my webkinz, since I have them on some of my favorite ones (including my unicorns and sherbet bunny.) I've had similar problems occur with plastic transferring dyes from one plastic item to another, but not with fabric and stuffed animals. If your pet originally had all-white fur, I might recommend a dye-remover, but I don't think that is the case with the pug.

Edit: I wonder if Ganz knows about this issue.
Rainribbon is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #9

I have e-mailed Ganz... I do now have a 1-866 number... I just won't trust the dark clothes on any of the pets.. we have quite a few outfits for my little ones webkinz.. I'm scared to wash them cause the quality is not good... the seams of pants and skirts are fraying.. the Santa suit she just got is losing all it's fur.. But she loves the clothes.. as we speak i am washing the pug with the "webkinz recommended baby shampoo"
coco is still covered!! so now i'm going to try oxy clean.. wish me luck!!!

-- RE: WEBKINZ0415 I bought my daughter non webkinz stuff for chritsmas but she has desided that all she wants is webkinz!! so it looks like some non webbie stuff will be going back..
Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

A little bit of color-safe bleach might help if the dye hasn't set in thoroughly to the surface, but I'm not sure if it would worth otherwise.
Rainribbon is offline Female
Closed