Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #51
Country Music = ♥
Webkinz :)

Heathmoo is a name known to allHeathmoo is a name known to allHeathmoo is a name known to all

Default Re: Virus Scanner?

Yes, this happens to me pretty often actually. It's really getting on my nerves. I always close it out as soon as I can. It freezes my whole computer. I don't know what the problem is. Good luck!
Heathmoo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #52
Meowme1948
Meowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant future

Yep I am pretty sure it has been from this site. I hope they can fix it so it doesn't happen. I have had it happen a few times.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #53

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

This has happened to me on this site 3 times lately. The adware put in quarantine is:
fakealert.gen

I've followed the advice in this thread and shut down and then did full scans. Hope it goes away. It's irritating -- and scary!
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #54
Ryleenichole's bunny

Spottednichole is a name known to allSpottednichole is a name known to allSpottednichole is a name known to all

Weird D: They need to fix this right away! And FAST!
Does it happen to people with Adblock Plus and stuff? I blocked the ads on this site with noscript and adblock plus, it hasn't happened to me yet.
Spottednichole is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #55
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Help! My computer is telling me I've got a ton of viruses/trojans, but my anti-virus isn't doing anything about it!

If you think you are getting a virus from an add on WI, can't you report the add? I have my adds turned off, but I thought there was an option to "report this add".
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 AM   #56

Toadie is a jewel in the roughToadie is a jewel in the rough

Yes, this happens to my computer frequently while I'm on WI. I open the task manager and shut down the program that has the message. Last month I got a nasty virus and I think that it was from a PDF file on the Doug page. I haven't opened that pdf again because it was such a pain to fix my machine.
Toadie is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 AM   #57
Wincest otp

cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds
cuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no boundscuteforpop knows no bounds

Since we all can assume these viruses are coming from the ads, and we are not sure the time limit on when Justin is going to fix this as it must take a lot of time, I suggest getting a WI2 subscription. It helps out WI, and I haven't encountered any problems ever since this started since I have been a WI2 member.
cuteforpop is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #58

PSIhunter has a brilliant futurePSIhunter has a brilliant futurePSIhunter has a brilliant futurePSIhunter has a brilliant futurePSIhunter has a brilliant future

Default Re: Help! My computer is telling me I've got a ton of viruses/trojans, but my anti-virus isn't doing anything about it!

I hope we can stop these "viruses" soon. Whenever they pop up on my computer, my dad exits it (Tip: if your mouse pointer changes, don't click anything; it won't exit!), ends it on task manager, unplugs the internet, and restarts the computer. It's sad how people do that to others! (Cause now if anymore "viruses" pop up, my dad says I won't be able to go on WI anymore, and that's no fun!)

Hope this helps! =)

P.S. (Something I forgot to say above): People create these "viruses", then they have a sign pop up that tells you to install something to get rid of it. Really, they just want yout pay them to remove their own "virus"!

Last edited by PSIhunter; 02-23-2010 at 08:35 AM..
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #59
uvs Kitties

kittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

yes me too, I usually just exit out of all the things and log back on.
kittia101 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #60
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

When you get a pop-up telling you that you have viruses, remember that the pop-up IS the virus. Don't click on it! Close your internet and scan for viruses with your own anti-virus program. Install the best anti-virus program that you can afford, and check your security setting. Most systems have a pop-up blocker. Your security settings should be high enough to block most pop-ups yet allow you to play games such as WW.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed