Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
elcome Spring!!
Webkinz :)

jenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond reputejenndriver has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Help! My computer is telling me I've got a ton of viruses/trojans, but my anti-virus isn't doing anything about it!

Amy,
I had this problem too. What happened to me was the malware program hijacked my IE and i had to pay to have it removed. Since then, Malwarebytes stays active in the background and starts kicking ransomware **** before I even know it. These anti-malware programs are free so I recommend you get one.
P.S. My name is Amy, too
jenndriver is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #32

Pegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant futurePegasusluvr has a brilliant future

Default Re: Help! My computer is telling me I've got a ton of viruses/trojans, but my anti-virus isn't doing anything about it!

I just had the same problem. I hope it's resolved. :b
Pegasusluvr is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #33
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

I'm so glad to see I'm not alone! I've been getting this virus notice for a couple of weeks now and it's appearing more and more (at LEAST twice a day if not more). It's always when I'm on WI and my son was telling me to just get off the site. I told him my computer would have to crash and burn before I did that! I made the mistake of selecting the "free scan" one day out of sheer frustration, and like others It came back with over 250 viruses and trojans all in bright red with a message saying to delete them immediately. I almost did!

But hubby came home and when I read him the alert notice he took my computer and ran a full REAL scan and found no errors. He told me the same thing you are all saying, to just "X" out of it as soon as it appears. It's still very aggavating and according to some, if you leave that window open it can cause damage. So now I have to be sure to exit out of WI before leaving my computer so it doesn't pop up while I'm away and sit there for hours. Better safe than sorry

(NOTE: The virus is evolving, the warning will now sit behind your open windows instead of coming to the forefront. I was just closing down to go to bed and sure enough it was there again. Four times today! So you may want to check behind open windows to see if its there every now and then.)

Last edited by mulberry59; 02-22-2010 at 03:02 AM..
mulberry59 is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #34

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

This happened to me. I had to wipe out my computer and I installed McAfee and Have never had a virus problem after that.
-Ty
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 02-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #35
ow !!! I can fly

happy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to all

I just had that again telling me that I have viurs on my computer its always happend when I am on WI
happy1979 is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #36
Gifted

cutechicken is a name known to allcutechicken is a name known to allcutechicken is a name known to all

Default Virus Scanner?

Is anyone else being redirected to a virus scanner page when navigating WI? It doesn't happen all the time, but once in a while I will get a pop up that says my pc may be infected. Even if I cancel or close the popup I get brought to a web page that starts "scanning" my hard drive. My McAfee anti-virus isn't doing the scanning. And it hasn't happened on any other website other than WI (though it might be a coincidence).
Old 02-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #37
Gifted

CalleyCo knows the way
CalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the way

Default Re: Virus Scanner?

Weird....
Never happened to me!!!
CalleyCo is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #38
Gifted

cutechicken is a name known to allcutechicken is a name known to allcutechicken is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by CalleyCo
Weird....
Never happened to me!!!
That's good news. My kids go to some of those free game sites for kids and those are the sort of things you find there. I didn't think that would happen on WI, but I just need to make sure. If it's happening when I navigate WI but not to other people here than iit could be something that's already installed on my PC.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #39
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

There was one last month that required an ad removal by Justin,
a handful of people mentioned something last weekend.

If you ever answered yes or pressed a button [not just closed] it could
be on your system & you would need to remove.

There are some good freeware to do this & if you search on the message
you see, you can see what needs to be removed.

Sorry it's happened to you. Good luck.
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 02-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #40
Jesus Is my savior

Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!Rascal666 is not just visiting!

yes this happened to me now it's all good
Rascal666 is offline Female
Closed