Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Pony326

Default Unanswered: HELP!!!!!! My account was hacked!

I just logged onto webkinz this s'morning on my account (pony326) and all my KC and items were missing! I'm changing my password right now, but can anyone help? Do something? 23,000 KC is missing from my account, along with all my expensive items (besides from a few hidden in my house) I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MAD! what do I do??
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Gifted

brunette118 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default (Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: HELP!!!!!! My account was hacked!

did you give your password/secret code out to anybody? if so, he or she is probably responsible for all of you items missing.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
I love being
Gifted

stjesgirl45 is on a distinguished road

Default (Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: HELP!!!!!! My account was hacked!

OMG that stinks! i suggest that you contact GANZ immediatly and tell them what happened and hopefully they will help you! im really sorry for you.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Gifted

usually ganz doesn't do much when these things happen, because of the user agreement which states that your account is "your responsibility" - therefore it's up to you to make sure you don't get hacked.

i've heard stories of ganz giving 10K to people who report their account being hacked, so i bet it wouldn't hurt to talk to ganz about what happened.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Pony326

View Post Originally Posted by brunette118
did you give your password/secret code out to anybody? if so, he or she is probably responsible for all of you items missing.
no, never have, never will...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
I love being
Gifted

stjesgirl45 is on a distinguished road

usually ganz doesn't do much when these things happen, because of the user agreement which states that your account is "your responsibility" - therefore it's up to you to make sure you don't get hacked.

i've heard stories of ganz giving 10K to people who report their account being hacked, so i bet it wouldn't hurt to talk to ganz about what happened.
true.... i just forgot about that. truthfully i dont know what to do besides what i said
Old 02-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
Pony326

Ya... but what do I do about all my things? I don't memorize EVERYTHING that dissapeared from my account...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
Gifted

were you ever near anyone when entering in your username/password? if so, they could have seen your password..

---------- brunette118 added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Pony326
Ya... but what do I do about all my things? I don't memorize EVERYTHING that dissapeared from my account...
i know, i bet it's super frustrating right now because you probably worked hard to build and decorate your rooms.

my best advice would be to contact ganz. also, as hard as it may sound, try to take your mind off of it with other things that make you happy, and after you've accepted it, you can be ready to re-build and re-decorate a house that was probably better than your first

Last edited by brunette118; 02-05-2008 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
Pony326

were you ever near anyone when entering in your username/password? if so, they could have seen your password..
I was, but I type really fast and whenever someones near I make them look the other way or go into another room... Maybe my brother stole my secret code and went on... No, he hates webkinz... IDK it's just wierd and sad...

---------- Pony326 added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

---------- brunette118 added 2 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

i know, i bet it's super frustrating right now because you probably worked hard to build and decorate your rooms.

my best advice would be to contact ganz. also, as hard as it may sound, try to take your mind off of it with other things that make you happy, and after you've accepted it, you can be ready to re-build and re-decorate a house that was probably better than your first
I guess, but no matter wat, I'm not abandoming my account and my 55 webkinz!

Last edited by Pony326; 02-05-2008 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

Sorry to hear about this problem...

Contact ganz --
change your password...

It sounds like your were hacked -- contact all your known friends on your kinzphone list and see if they got items... -- they can only send 3 to each one on your list -- if they did it this way it would be at least $45kc per transaction... If they did, they might send them back to you...

After I complete a room now I store a picture of it with the date in my Paint -- this will help to figure out what I lost -- sorry this advise comes after the fact..

Keep us posted ...

You can contact Ganz at

support@webkinz.com
Closed