Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
oW, look I'm
Gifted

dizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talent

Default Unanswered: Help me!! My new computer is running real slow/ can't get onto webkinz world

I got a new computer for Christmas and all of a sudden it has been running slow when bringing up web pages especially slow for insider and wenkinz. Webkinz has also been locking up on me a lot. I have windows 7 and run ie8. Anyone have any suggestions. Other websites seem to load faster then my 2 favorites.

Last edited by momwhoplays; 03-07-2010 at 10:02 AM..
dizzydessi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
hut? Lies!
Webkinz :)
Zaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud of

Default Re: Help me!! My new computer is running real slow

Hi, to know if that's normal, do you know how much RAM, or CPU speed it has?

To tell... Click start... Go to search... Type RAM... Press enter... Then it should tell you.

DO NOT TELL US YOUR PRODUCT ID!!! (That's illegal, and might get your windows stolen)

But, please tell me..

1. The rating
2. Processor
3. Installed RAM

Last edited by Zaixionito; 03-06-2010 at 12:10 PM..
Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Have you run a full scan lately, including defragging? That helps with the speed sometimes. I heard that there used to be problems with IE8. I'm not sure if that was fixed or not. We had to uninstall that on one of our computers, and now it's fine again.
Desty is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
oW, look I'm
Gifted

dizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Zaixionito
Hi, to know if that's normal, do you know how much RAM, or CPU speed it has?

To tell... Click start... Go to search... Type RAM... Press enter... Then it should tell you.

DO NOT TELL US YOUR PRODUCT ID!!! (That's illegal, and might get your windows stolen)

But, please tell me..

1. The rating
2. Processor
3. Installed RAM
the rating is 3.1
processor is pentium dual core cpu es400 @2.70 GHz 2.70 GHz
installed ram 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
64 bit operating system

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Have you run a full scan lately, including defragging? That helps with the speed sometimes. I heard that there used to be problems with IE8. I'm not sure if that was fixed or not. We had to uninstall that on one of our computers, and now it's fine again.
yup I have done scans and defraged disc clean up and all that!!
dizzydessi is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
mirandaxoxo

That's really weird, especially since it's new. You should try running a full computer scan to see if there's any problems with it. Or if you have a lot of files and whatnot, try cleaning up your desktop and your documents.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

Just like miranda said.. try going through your files and look for pictures & documents that you dont need and delete them (:
softballipod is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
hut? Lies!
Zaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by dizzydessi
the rating is 3.1
processor is pentium dual core cpu es400 @2.70 GHz 2.70 GHz
installed ram 4.00 GB (3.75 GB usable)
64 bit operating system

yup I have done scans and defraged disc clean up and all that!!

Holy cow. That's a decent rig!

It's odd that the rating is only 3.1 though. I'm guessing it's graphics card is onboard. Shouldn't matter.

Anyways, try using a different browser, such as Opera, or antivirus, such as Microsoft Security Essentials (What I use).
Old 03-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
I am a

Bowwow478 is a forum hero
Bowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum hero

You may have a virus. I would get that checked out if I were you. (:
--Bowwow478
Bowwow478 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #9

brtswim knows the way
brtswim knows the way

If you used it alot, then just try clearing your cache. If it is pretty new and not used often, then it must be a server-related problem. I suggest getting some virus software or a new internet server.
brtswim is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

Sometimes my computer runs slow just because a lot of people are on the server. Maybe that's it? If not, I don't really know...
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Closed