Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

Default Re: HELP! I've been HACKED

i'm so sorry you have been hacked. please don't give up. do as much as you can now to protect yourself.
if someone could explain, how can a person hack into your account by being on your phone list?
i dont wnt o make any comments on what ganz said to you without first understanding how this actually happened.
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #22
LNKPRK
Gift Guru

RockGirl will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Emma8432
Oh.. I feel so sorry for you. I can't beleive people would think of doing that. Anyway, it is virtual. People that hack probably don't even need the items, just do it to hurt other people on Webkinz. You should call GANZ at 1-866-WEBKINZ and tell them what has happened. Just tell them the items you are missing and it will all be okay.

I hope you get your items,
Emma

no they said they cannot and will not do ANYTHING about it. I told them I was going to let everyone know how upset that makes me and I am.
RockGirl is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #23
Banned
Mrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forum
Mrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forum

Is someone is on your friends list, then they have your complete username. All they have to do is figure out your password, so it is important to have a secure password with numbers and letters.
Mrs. Shimmer is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #24
imp17
Gift Guru

imp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talent

Wow, that is terrible. I am so sorry that this has happened to you. It seems to be happening to more and more people every day. It is such a shame that people go to such extremes to steal virtual items.

Well here is what I do, I do not allow anyone to be on my phone unless I know them in the real life. If I have to add them because they have to go and find an item for me I always remove them as soon as they come back and we make the trade.

Yes some people do get mad at you because you won't add them to your friend list but it is better to upset someone than to have unsafe people on your list. And since you can not trust people's words over a computer there is no way to know who is safe and who is not so my theory is to just have no friends on your list. I also try to change my password often and make it as safe as I possibly can.

Good luck with the supervisor's supervisor I have been there myself and have gotten no where, but I hope they do help you out.
imp17 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #25
Banned
Mrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forum
Mrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forumMrs. Shimmer rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by imp17
Well here is what I do, I do not allow anyone to be on my phone unless I know them in the real life. If I have to add them because they have to go and find an item for me I always remove them as soon as they come back and we make the trade.

Yes some people do get mad at you because you won't add them to your friend list but it is better to upset someone than to have unsafe people on your list. And since you can not trust people's words over a computer there is no way to know who is safe and who is not so my theory is to just have no friends on your list.
We kind of do the same thing. I've begun letting people be my friend just to avoid the argument that will ensue if you decline. Before I log off, I delete them. So many times we make a friend and then never see them again.
Mrs. Shimmer is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #26
Webkinz :)

bigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to allbigfireball is a name known to all

If they are on your friends list then they have access to YOUR PAGE. Are you sure you didn't by mistake name one of your pets a code? I have seen it done before, I actually did it myself and caught the mistake and called Ganz and they changed it for me to a name and not the code.
bigfireball is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #27
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

One cannot say it enough times: Have a secure password that cannot be guessed. Keep your pet codes safe and out of sight. Don't accept friend requests from strangers. When a trade is over, delete the person from your phone. Don't put your rare and valuable items on My Page for all to see. Don't accept pet codes from anyone, this gives them access to your account.
Don't let your children play in the Clubhouse unsupervised.

Sad to say but most of this kind of "hacking" is done by people you know, siblings, classmates.

When you phone GANZ for help, don't ask for your items back, but ask where they have gone. Ask to change your username if you suspect that the thief has one of your pet codes (they are changing your password on you).

Stay away from websites that offer tricks to make lots of kinzcash, if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed