Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
Webkinz :)
lbj14 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Help! I've been cloned.

Yes, I meet your clone. It's sad. As a matter of fact she told she didn't want to be my friend anymore, and I thought it was you. But I know now. She said she was going to clone me next!
lbj14 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #12
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Contacting Ganz would be the best course of action
smitchell is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
kittylover1996
Gifted

katycoo96 is on a distinguished road

What a strange person. Do you think you will be getting another webkinz sometime soon? if so, just begin a new account with a totally different username. If you don't think you'll be getting a new plush anytime soon, contact Ganz one more time. This time, (if you haven't already) use quotes from the person and/or take "pictures" of your screen. to do this, all you do is push "shift" then "print screen" on your keyboard. next paste the picture into paint and save it. finally, upload it onto photobucket.com or another website of that type and send the link in with your message. hope this helps and best of luck!
katycoo96 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
ow I'm a
Gifted

acegirl906 will become famous soon enough

OMG! you should contact Ganz and ask if you can change your username or something...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

it's surprisingly a simple fix, actually. call up WW (or have your parents call, if you are not an adult), explain the situation and request a name change on your user name. they can do it and will do it for the right reason (they actually offered it to us, that's how i know about it.) but, you'd have to be OK with changing your user name.

the only problem would be if this person actually knows you and is on your friends list, then they can do it again. however, that might be crossing the lines of being legal with cyberstalking (not sure about that since i'm not an attorney).

also when you (or your parents call), do give lots of details bc they might be able to do something with that person's account.
RedBear is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #16

Flippy777 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by idog1995
I have just discovered that there is an identical pet with the same username and pet name. She is out to stir trouble. She has told me she is not here at WW to make friends, but the opposite. She has said all kinda bad things and now i find myself constantly apologizing and explaining people things i have not said or done. She has threaten to duplicate other friends pets. I did contact ganz and they told me that according to the child protection law, they can not go in to the club house and listen in on us. I guess they have certain words that automatically sends you a warning when typed. This has taken all the fun out, since now i only find myself explaining and reversing all the damage. I will stay away from the clubhouse for a while. But i am afraid that when i return she has caused so much trouble for me. Could this be happening in WW?
I am very sorry that this is happening. I am a member of the new Webkinz Police Force and I could talk to the president and see if we could do something about this! I don't know how this is happening but I hope it will be resolved!
Flippy777 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #17
Gifted

WEBKINZ0415 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Flippy777
I am very sorry that this is happening. I am a member of the new Webkinz Police Force and I could talk to the president and see if we could do something about this! I don't know how this is happening but I hope it will be resolved!
WOW! A police force, for real?
WEBKINZ0415 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #18
Never too late

sunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant futuresunshine_girl has a brilliant future

Ugh I would hate to have that happen to me.. I hope you solve the problem sometime soon!
sunshine_girl is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #19
I'm so glad to be a

serinasong is just really niceserinasong is just really nice

Idog-
I think you should take the advice of the people above and call GANZ to have your account name changed. If you don't, you account could be deleted by GANZ. Plus the clubhouse has a 3 strikes rules, so if this is not promptly taken care of you may permanently be removed from the clubhouse. (Or your account will be deleted.) In the mean time if you run into your clone, do not engage in any further conversation and leave the room you are in. You may be unknowing be giving information about yourself that they are using against you.
Also, (I know you may not like this next suggestion, ) but I would highly recommend that you write down all the user names on your phone and then delete ALL OF THEM. (I know, it sounds harsh.) Chances are that they are on your friends list somewhere. Possibly through a different account/user name. I know many people who have several accounts, (including me) and this would be one way they are tracking you. Eavesdropping with one account and then using the information with the "clone" account. Remember, anything you say about yourself in the clubhouse can be read by 10 or more other users. I have read many of other Webkinz World members reveal there approximate ages and areas they live in, this is not safe, EVEN IN WEBKINZ WORLD! If you write down the names before you delete them you can re-add the ones you know are safe and the ones you play with frequently. Skip the ones you don't know or are not sure that they are 100% safe. I'm sure you can build a new friends list soon and hopefully be less one creep!
In the meantime if you run into your "clone" document the date, time and zone of your meeting. If you have friends that are encountering this person ask them to write down the information too, GANZ maybe able to try and track down your evil twin.

Hope this helps.

Take Care,
SerinaSong

Last edited by serinasong; 11-05-2008 at 02:17 AM..
serinasong is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #20

albinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to all

Definately contact Ganz, because they can cancel your acct. or anyone elses without warning. If you've been getting letters...take it up with Ganz! Even though they can not sit & listen to everything being said-they can go back & trace the actions/conversations for these types of problems. What you need is to document the color zone, room number, date, time, username, & pet name whenever you see her in there again making these comments to you. Give that info. to Ganz, bec ause I was told by Ganz this was the information they needed to be able to go back & find the conversation.
I'm sorry you have to go through this, & I hope you get itfixed w/o stress!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
albinomex is offline Female
Closed