Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Answered: Help with iTunes!

hey everyone
So, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a new laptop today. (this afternoon) possibly.
My other laptop broke, so I cannot access my iTunes.
Now, what I was wondering is, if I download iTunes on my new laptop, do I just plug in my iPod to the computer and it will transfer all the songs on my iPod TO that iTunes?
My iPod has all of my songs on it.

Thanks (:
Much appreciated to those who answer.

Last edited by smvmonkey; 07-11-2009 at 03:34 AM..
smvmonkey is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by sassylove
Well here's how it should work,I know because I did that with my itunes.You have an account that requires you to log in,and as you know all of your songs are in your library under that account.All you have to do is log into your account with your new laptop on itunes and all of your songs will be there because they are all saved under that account. I find it really handy actually,just know that if there are any songs that you have downloaded in your computer's library,not itunes,they won't transfer,the only songs that will transfer are the songs in your itunes library.Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Gifted

xoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clownxoxoilyalyssa is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Help with iTunes!

I think it does, but im not sure. But yi bet if you log onto your itunes account on your new computer, i think all the songs will come back to purchased. Good luck and congrats on your new computer
-Claire :]
xoxoilyalyssa is offline Male
Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
I'm back...
Gifted

Mystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond reputeMystic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! It will transfer all your purchased music/video etc. All the data off of a CD or other unreliable download source will not transfer. This has happened to me many time
But yes, all iTunes purchased data will trasnfer onto your new laptop. Congrats on the laptop, btw! i just got my first one.: )
Mystic is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Banned
HannahBonanza is on a distinguished road

It worked for me. My dad got a new laptop for his B-day, yesterday the 10th, and he let me download iTunes, even though he doesn't have an iPod. On my laptop, it worked. So I don't know for sure if it'll work for you. I hope it does!

P.S. What kind of iPod do you have? Mines a black 5th generation iPod Classic. LOL.
HannahBonanza is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

This happened to me once, and my songs didn't get transferred...
But I think it's because ALL of my songs were downloaded from Limewire.

Well, good luck and congrats on your new laptop
Old 07-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Yay!I'm
Gifted

sassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond reputesassylove has a reputation beyond repute

Well here's how it should work,I know because I did that with my itunes.You have an account that requires you to log in,and as you know all of your songs are in your library under that account.All you have to do is log into your account with your new laptop on itunes and all of your songs will be there because they are all saved under that account. I find it really handy actually,just know that if there are any songs that you have downloaded in your computer's library,not itunes,they won't transfer,the only songs that will transfer are the songs in your itunes library.Hope this helps

Last edited by sassylove; 07-11-2009 at 09:51 AM..
sassylove is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
puppyloves

i have iTunes, i hooked it up to my friends' computer and no, i don't think you can transfur songs. but then again, I'm not sure.

Hope you get your laptop! i have one... but i don't have iTunes on it. but i do have a iPod.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
call me erin (:
Webkinz :)

live4basketball is a jewel in the roughlive4basketball is a jewel in the rough

You have to sign into your iTunes account and then hook up your iPod.
It won't transfer all the songs onto your iTunes, but it will remain your iPod and will show up on your account.
live4basketball is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
He belongs w/ Me!
madgirl8097 will become famous soon enough

What happens is you download iTunes and then you plug in your iPod. What will happen is the songs from your iPod will not appear on the iTunes "purchased items" but they will remain on your iPod. when you buy new songs, those will appear in purchased items. Thats what i think will happen, anyway.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
I Love My
Webkinz :)

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

I don't think so. I have had the same problem before, and when I
plugged in my iPod the data on my iPod did not transfer. Therefore,
I am pretty positive that you can only transfer your data
ONTO the iPod not extract data from it.

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Closed