Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
I'm a deep sea
Webkinz :)

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Answered: HELP! I have viruses on my computer!! How do I get rid of them?

Help!! I have several viruses on my computer. I don't know how they got there, and I have a virus protection program, but I have 5 viruses! HELP! I will give you the filenames of them:
AV1Two.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
QWProtect.dll
scan[1].htm
Help me! PLEASE. I need to get them removed from my computer! I know I have fallen for one virus, pretending to be a AntiVirus Program, but I have no clue which virus it is or how to get rid of it. Please, members of WI, I need to get these removed so I can stay here in WI!
--Star
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Polarity
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l#post15426894

The link above is the link to another thread that I had posted in not too long ago about how I got a virus off of my parent's computer. I was at my parent's house this summer and clicked on something I shouldn't have, and got some viruses on the computer. My mom had Norton on her computer, and still got them. It was the Anti-Virus program thing that's actually a virus, like you mentioned in your first post. I fixed it by malware, I believe. Unfortuntely, I don't remember the exact website. I went to Yahoo questions and answers and got information from there. Dr. Spyware or whatever that is can download but you have to pay to get the thing to work in the end, so I took that off and didn't use it. Malware was free and fixed everything right there on the spot. It told me what it removed and I liked it.

Anyway, pay attention to post #23, which TTGTTG told about how she fixed her computer, and my post was post #26. On page three, I do believe.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: HELP! I have viruses on my computer!! How do I get rid of them?

Okay,this is what my dad does when the computer has to much memory on it,or has a really bad virus.
Go back to the place were you bought it or something, and explain your problem. The one were we take ours to can take it in and wipe all the memory out,so the virus' are gone. It takes a few weeks because theirs always a computer before ours,though.

Hope I helped!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
I ♥ British

iluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to all

your anti-virus program won't delete them?
iluvginger33 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
browncow199
Gift Guru

cowsrule199 has a spectacular aura about

you can "rollback" the computer to a time before you got the viruses to get rid of them. then you don't lose all stuff but you'll lose some of the stuff you did after the rollback date
cowsrule199 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by cowsrule199
you can "rollback" the computer to a time before you got the viruses to get rid of them. then you don't lose all stuff but you'll lose some of the stuff you did after the rollback date

cowsrule is right. Most computers have a backup and recovery setting. I've no way of knowing your computer brand but can tell you how it's done on a HP:

Start--Help--Backup and Recovery--Using HP Backup and Recovery Manager--Launch HP Backup and Recovery Manager. At this point the application will guide you through the remaining process. You can choose to set a restore date or restore factory default settings.
IMHO the creation of a restore point (a date before the viruses appeared) is far preferable because the recovery process doesn't involve wiping out all data stored on your computer.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 08-20-2009 at 07:37 PM..
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l#post15426894

The link above is the link to another thread that I had posted in not too long ago about how I got a virus off of my parent's computer. I was at my parent's house this summer and clicked on something I shouldn't have, and got some viruses on the computer. My mom had Norton on her computer, and still got them. It was the Anti-Virus program thing that's actually a virus, like you mentioned in your first post. I fixed it by malware, I believe. Unfortuntely, I don't remember the exact website. I went to Yahoo questions and answers and got information from there. Dr. Spyware or whatever that is can download but you have to pay to get the thing to work in the end, so I took that off and didn't use it. Malware was free and fixed everything right there on the spot. It told me what it removed and I liked it.

Anyway, pay attention to post #23, which TTGTTG told about how she fixed her computer, and my post was post #26. On page three, I do believe.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Thanks everyone! I will check out the thread, Polarity!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
I'm a deep sea

**UPDATE**
I ran a test, and it turns out I had 234 Infected objects!
234!
Closed