Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
RavenclawHorcrux
Lil Kinz
bluedolphin88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question Unanswered: Help! I can't name my pet's room with my pet name?

Hello! Well, I was doing a MAJOR construction of my house, sold all of my theme items and changed my room names to the color of the walls and floors. I redecorated my rooms and I went to rename the rooms but it wouldn't let me. It said that the pet name was not allowed but the room had already been named! Example:

Room Name Before: Ginny's Room
Room Name Between: Stone (because the floor was stone)
I tried to rename the room Ginny's Room, but it wouldn't let me.

Help?

My Webbies: :el1::gr::pig:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
I Love Fall
Webkinz :)

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Help! I can't name my pet's room with my pet name?

What I do is name it after the theme of the room. I think that you might be able to add room to stone, i'm not for sure. If you have alot of pets make a list of room and which is in the room.
d8471 is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
I am a Crazy

ashclif is on a distinguished road

name it after the what kind of pet it is
ashclif is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
katelynmarie09 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea. the naming system has been messed up for a while. when you go to add 's on the end of a word, it gives you a message about how webkinz doesn't allow that word, or that its an invalid word. hopefully it will be fixed soon. just try switching things around. (ie.) i was trying to name a room Lucky's room. but it wouldn't work. so i tried "lucky the unicorn's room" and it worked!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
fallbullet4
Gifted

smurfette6496 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, the naming thing is starting to frustrate me. I had the same deal as you, like my Leopard's name is Double D, and it wouldn't let me say "Double D's room"! His room is the Winter theme, so I tried putting some random name I put together, so I named it "Room on Ice" and surprising it worked! I can guarantee you're not gonna get the name you like, but if you just mess around with different words it'll work
smurfette6496 is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
leahb31
Gifted

danitvlgrl will become famous soon enough

I noticed that you can't use ' in the name and once you try it usually won't let you change it at all until you X out of the map, and get back in. But I'm glad to know you used to and maybe will again. All my rooms are now just the name of my pet, with no 's Room after the name.
danitvlgrl is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

Yes, quite frustrating. Pet names will only work (in my expereince) if the name is a "real" word and not always even then. Names like Candy, Spice, Pepper, etc. should work but names like Candace, Emiily, etc. probably won't. I don't even bother adding "room" because of the problems previously stated.
Oh, and I tried naming the room after the animal's name. It worked fine for cow, pig, cat dog, etc. but try using Saint Bernard, German Shepherd or Cocker Spaniel, or even Spaniel; you can only have so many rooms named "dog" and "cat". I ended up using Rescue Dog, Police Dog, etc. but ran into a problem trying to use the same system for cats; when it won't take Siamese want do you call it, the cat from Lady in the *****?
It seems strange you can name the pet but not the room, hope they get it corrected soon.

Sherry

---------- sherrylaine added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later ----------

Sorry, Lady and the *****

Last edited by sherrylaine; 07-19-2008 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sherrylaine is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #8

ashleynicolee is an unknown quantity at this point

You can try renaming it other things that might also work?
I don't know what to tell you.
You can also try changing it in a little while

Hope this helped!
ashleynicolee is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 11:50 PM   #9

lfh1031 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's nice to see other people have had the same problem. I thought it was just me. I couldn't change the rooms names to anything for like 3 months. It was very confusing when I had 12 rooms that were just numbers. I had to walk all over the house before I could find the room I was looking for. But they finally started letting me change some of them, but only 2 or 3 at a time. Now all my rooms at least have a name that tells me whos room it is even if its not my webkinz name.
lfh1031 is offline Female
Old 07-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
shadow hegdehog is a

Devonshire has a spectacular aura about

it can be annoying..i couldnt put the word german shepard or nikita (her name) on the map so i just put something like brown and black dog room...but now i have a rottweiler so it gets confusing especially when you have a lot of rooms!
Devonshire is offline Male
Closed