Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
fuzzy's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Help! How do you name your rooms?

I am fairly new to webkins, but we are trying to name our rooms and I am ABSOLUTELY following the directions webkins world gives, but it won't let me use any of the totally generic names I am trying to use (like outside, yard, playroom, gameroom, kitchen, bathroom). I don't understand what I am doing wrong b/c it says none of these are words that are allowed???
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 AM   #2
Kinzie2008
Gifted

Kinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Help! How do you name your rooms?

Can't change room names on one of my kids accounts either, but the other can. Rather frustrating!
Kinzie2008 is offline Female
Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #3
Gifted

Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!Wizard is the bees knees!

Naming rooms has been a problem for a while now (as in months).

You can only use a word that Ganz has on a "naming" list. Unfortunately, the list is extremely limited, and is not published anywhere.

The reasoning Ganz has given is they want to keep WW "safe", so they limit the vocabulary that can be used. But as you have found, many basic words did not make their "safe" list.

We live in hope that their dictionary will someday expand! Until then, you will have to use trial & error until you stumble on an approved name.
Wizard is offline Female
Old 01-28-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
Gifted

Rmarkham2 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, the room naming problem is because they are using the same dictionary for room name as they are using for Kinzchat. and the dictionary isn't complete. So it all depends on your account, some can rename with alot of names and other can't at all. Ganz it working on it, but will get fix in the future as the ending/retiring of series 1 codes are what they are working on right now. And they also have another suprize coming but I am waiting to see if it shows up the 1st of Feb or later on.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Ratqueen
Gifted

Ratqueen has a spectacular aura about

I'm pretty upset with Ganz for taking so long in fixing this frustrating problem. That certainly isn't something difficult to do, but they always seem to find it more pressing to fix problems where we earn a few extra kinzcash, it seems. I haven't been able to rename any of my rooms at all since I created my account -- I cannot even rename a room with the word "room"!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
pawz97

webkinzgirl100 is an unknown quantity at this point

They really should get this fixed! I can't even use the name 'pet' on my account!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
Prncess217

Prncess217 is on a distinguished road

It is really annoying. I didn't realize that it varied from account to account. I just think that it's annoying if you want to name a room "(pet name)'s room" it won't let you. It's one thing if it still gives you a room with your pet (that's prenamed) but once you get beyond that point, what are you supposed to do? Just name it the (type of animal) room? Words like clydesdale and reindeer aren't allowed! I also think they need to change their rules about naming pets. My brother couldn't name his pet "Butterscotch" because it had a "word that isn't allowed" in it. And yet it was fine when I wanted to name one of my pets Cassie.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
SavvyG1234

SavvyG1234 will become famous soon enough

I don't like it either. I am only a kid, but I know what it's like. Ganz has a "Naming List", and you can only use the words that are in it. Recently, I was tying to name on of my rooms "Mickey's Room", but it wouldn't let me. Unfortunutly, they won't let you use your pets name for a room title!

The Naming List just recently came into action, because my rooms I named (i.e Annabel Avameir's Kitchen) BEFORE the list was made, are still the same.
Hope I helped,

Savannah O. of NC
SavvyG1234 is offline Female
Closed