Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Gifted

BloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roostBloogleJ rules the roost

Default Re: Help! Flashing/Animated ads

Don't we all miss the old webkinz? Go to my pets and click turn off ads, or you can put sticky notes over the ads.
BloogleJ is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
The new ones with the flashing crown in the upper right hand corner because that is where my vision wonders to...It has a sequence of rapid fire crowns and it says something about finding the right Deluxe option....I think this is worse than the zipping hamsters in the bottom right.
Yes, me too...
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 08-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #13
JBUGGIN
Webkinz :)

WebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonderWebRegi wows us all with wonder

I often shrink my page so the ads are covered or I drag the page so the ads are off screen. This only helps with the side ads, not the ads on the top screen. Maybe it will make it more enjoyable. Good luck.
Definitely call ganz. If they realize some people are having trouble with these ads, they may stop doing them.
WebRegi is offline Female
Old 08-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #14
here's Bunny?

susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!

If you go to http://www.wallysweb.com/webkinz.html it creates a page with a scroll bar so that you can drag the page and make the ads disapear behind the bar. I use that because my small laptop won't show the whole screen so I need a scroll bar.
If you have problems with flashing ads outside of WW, you could go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, and uncheck the "Show animations" option, if you haven't already done so. (This is for Windows Internet Explorer, sorry, I don't know how to do it on any other browsers.
susbrain is offline Female
Old 08-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #15

Linus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonder

Ughh!!! I hate this problem too. Unfortunately, the suggestion to turn off ads DOES NOT WORK! That is because if you click that box to turn off ads, you are only turning off ads from COMPANIES OTHER THAN WEBKINZ/GANZ. And all of those annoying flashing ads are WEBKINZ/GANZ ads!

Here is what I do. I use Google Chrome as my browser for Webkinz, and I minimize my Webkinz page so that it does not show the strip of ads of the right hand side. Doing this makes visiting Webkinz a much calmer experience.

Unfortunately, if you use Internet Explorer, you normally can't minimize the Webkinz page. To get around this, log in using this link instead just webkinz.com. This will get you a box that you can minimize to get rid of the ads. But I still find that Google Chrome works better for this than Internet Explorer, because Chrome automatically gives you scroll bars whereas Internet Explorer sometimes chops off the bottom of your window.

Last edited by Linus; 08-08-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: woops! typed in wrong link the first time.
Linus is offline Male
Old 08-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #16

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Oh my, YES! I hate that new ad for Deluxe. I had to keep switching the pages of the screen until it wasn't showing. That flashing made me feel sick. Ganz should be a little less "in our faces" with their ads. It's obnoxious.
Desty is offline Female
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
bc2
bc2 has disabled reputation

The new deluxe ad really bothers my eyes and makes me feel sick. I tried writing to them about it as well as soon as I saw two of them at once, one on the right and one going across the whole top of WW. I pointed out that it might cause headaches and seizures and how it's totally unnecessary to have all that flashing and color changing.

I miss the old ads, the simple ones that were still and only took you to places around WW. Are these new ads really going to make people buy deluxe or buy eStore items? I highly doubt that. Either people want that stuff or don't, it has nothing to do with peppering all of WW with flashing ads. Ganz really stinks lately.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #18

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Littlemonkey324
Has anyone else been having problems with the flashing/animated ads in WW? My sister is extremly prone to migraines & these ads easily trigger them. So instead of enjoying WW lately she is unable to play at all. Several messages have been sent to Ganz with no response.

A new ad that started today for deluxe memberships is as fast as a strobe light & could actually trigger seizures, we can't be the only ones bothered by these.
I can't believe Ganz hasn't thought of the people with seisures or people with migranes! Shame on them for that.
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 08-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #19

Linus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by susbrain
If you go to http://www.wallysweb.com/webkinz.html it creates a page with a scroll bar so that you can drag the page and make the ads disapear behind the bar. I use that because my small laptop won't show the whole screen so I need a scroll bar.
If you have problems with flashing ads outside of WW, you could go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, and uncheck the "Show animations" option, if you haven't already done so. (This is for Windows Internet Explorer, sorry, I don't know how to do it on any other browsers.
Thanks for the tip. I had stopped using Webkinz in Internet Explorer because I couldn't shink the page properly to get rid of ads. But using this link, you can shrink the page using Internet Explorer. THANKS!!!
Linus is offline Male
Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #20
bc2
bc2 has disabled reputation

So Ganz receives numerous complaints about their new flashing, nauseating, headache and seizure inducing ads and what do they do about it? They add yet another, different, new flashing, nausiating, headache and seizure inducing ad of course. Way to go Ganz, you obviously care a great deal about your customers... NOT! There is a new Deluxe ad made in the same fast, flashing way. They are really starting to make me despise Deluxe.
Closed

Tags
small was here :]