Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

Default Answered: Help! Firefox thinks WI is an ad!

HELP! My computer (Firefox) thinks the WebkinzInsider pictures and backgrounds are advertisements! I have adblockplus on Firefox, so it usually works fine. But recently It has made everything white.. I'll post pictures later. If I Disable Adblock Plus, it will show the ads! What should I do?
Pictures of WI:
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Lefty21; 07-26-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Adding pictures.
Lefty21 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Lefty21
Hey everyone!

Good news! I found out that Webkinzinsider WAS blocked! I just couldn't find out where... hehe. But I figured it out. Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #2

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Help! Firefox thinks WI is an ad!

you were just hit by a malware ad and you should do a hard drive clean up clear all your browsers histories and other files then do a virus scan of your whole computer and check for rootkits too. handle this now before it attacks anything important- on occasion the ads try to sneak in a Trojan horse- you will get hit by that next if your not careful. you have a weak spot in your Anti spy protection - make sure you always use pop up blocker for this site especially ! I have had lots of experience with the Trojan horses on this site & my protection carrier provided me with a fix for it
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #3

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

WOW! Even on a Macbook?!

Oh. Also, the same thing happened to me on WW, so I clicked Tools and clicked on Page info, and I found out that Webkinz World was blocked, so I unblocked it.
Do you think this is the same thing? But I un-blocked everything...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
I ♥ British

iluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to alliluvginger33 is a name known to all

WI sometimes loads like that for me, too

Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Clear your cache. This isn't an add or anything involved with popup blockers. It is because the CSS STYLESHEET (the thing that makes WI look all pretty) hasn't loaded. Refresh the page, clear your cache, and try it in another browser.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #6

I cleared my cache. Still doesn't work.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #7

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

OMG NO NO-that is what the ad's program wants you to do !-

-Do not UN block this site from pop-ups ever ever ! It is an underlieing virus that is an identity stealing virus- pass codes names addresses and mail info etc.

my daughter did it & ruined my mom - her G-ma's computer & as I watched her do it - and saw the result ....
the result= had to buy a new computer for G-ma & After a grand real money the virus protection company has fixed the new one so the new one won't have the same problem.

what's the bottom line is -be safe not sorry- & this site will not replace your computer.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #8

Ok, I blocked everything. Well, I mean- I didn't take off adblock plus, I just clicked allow, for everything like allow pictures etc. But I blocked those as well.
but I'm still wondering if this is the same thing.. because I found that someone had blocked WW and when I unblocked it (meaning, allowing pictures, popups, etc. ) everything worked fine.
Also, WI on Safari works great! hmm..
Old 07-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by Lefty21
I cleared my cache. Still doesn't work.
not just cache, all the browsers history,temp,-check all the boxes to clear. then close the browser -diconnect from on line- then under start menu you must go to control panel- choose the clean hard drive option- check all boxes and click ok then go to restart computer- and when you go to your browser is up again pull up tools/ internet options and fix the delete history section to just delete history. then close browser again then reopen and log onto home page first then make sure pop up blocker is on for all sites except www.webkinz.com and that's it. then try to go to WW an do the normal pick country etc then come to WI but do not unblock popups for WI ever

View Post Originally Posted by Lefty21
Ok, I blocked everything. Well, I mean- I didn't take off adblock plus, I just clicked allow, for everything like allow pictures etc. But I blocked those as well.
but I'm still wondering if this is the same thing.. because I found that someone had blocked WW and when I unblocked it (meaning, allowing pictures, popups, etc. ) everything worked fine.
Also, WI on Safari works great! hmm..
that's the tricky thing when you "allow" it allows everything and overrides your protection because you "allow" it - see what I mean ? ok If your a kid do not mess with this stuff but if your a grown up then you know some of this stuff already.

under your 'Internet options' under the internet tab & security tab they allow specific things like pictures/video etc to be set- you just need to select 'enable active content' (for all media choices)

yes, some sites that have a music player may have to be allowed to open but the yellow bar at the top will open and ask for permission-

WW always should be allowed or WW- it won't work.

Last edited by a3doglife; 07-26-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

I just installed adblock plus on firefox to see if I'd see what you're seeing. The page looks fine to me. No ads, and everything else is loading correctly.

If re-starting your computer doesn't work, I would suggest reinstalling the latest version of Firefox, the latest version of Adblock plus, and then re-adding the filter subscription.

I wouldn't worry to much about a virus. It's possible, but you're on a mac so the chances are extremely slim.

Alternatively, you could try using Safari or Camino and see how that works for you.
Closed