Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Hodgieptd is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Help with Dear Hubby

I need help explaining the allure of Webkinz with my hubby. We got our first three Webkinz for Christmas and right now they are all under my daughters account, but there are at least 2-3 that I want and I am thinking of getting my own account and he laughs at me becuase he thinks they are kids toys. Any suggestions?
:turt::pgn: these are the ones I want

:chi::koala: these are the ones we have the Koala is sort of mine

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
2totalsam/2totalsam2
Gift Guru

2total is a jewel in the rough2total is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Help with Dear Hubby

does your dh have his own thing-such as watching football or some sport? just let him know he has his thing and you have yours. i'm in my mid 40's and love playing on ww. my husband doesn't care. good thing he doesn't see the credit card bill! lol!!! but show him everything that one can do on ww and let him play a game or two. he'll se what you are trying to say!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #3
Singler744
Gifted

JSingler744 is on a distinguished road

Well I had this issue with my husband, I just played on my friends daughters account to get her extra kinzcash and he yelled at me and told me to get my own. So I did and then he yelled at me and said that I had to relax on buying them. I told him it could be worse it's like a hobby, I give most of the plushies to my kids. Then he started playing the games too to help me get more money because he plays the games better than I do and now he doesn't bug me about it anymore and even got me a few for christmas! Good Luck!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
PMme4it
Gift Guru

DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!

Me and my three kids all play on Webkinz and have for over a year and a half....now my DH just kinda accepts that we get it and he doesn't. He does like playing goobers lab occasionally. Just continue on with it...but DO get your own account....it only took me a month of playing with my youngests before I got my own....now I have 15 with 4 in the closet waiting for names. Maybe someday he'll come on board, but if not....it is a great way to do something with your kids...and without them!!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
TootieFrootie

Tell him that the games are entertaining, the pet is cute, and you can shop, etc.
Sit down at the computer with him and give him a tour on WW! Or show him the tour that Ganz has made on their front page!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:21 AM   #6

Hodgieptd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice. He was very sweet today he went with us to the Mall and we went from store to store looking for Webkinz and when I still could not find the turtle he took us to two more stores trying to find one. I am still looking for the turtle, but in the meantime we adopted 5 more. Four will be for my own account.

Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

My husband has his own activities he does to relax that I am not interested in. I tell him this is my opportunity to relax. We have two computers side-by-side, so I can play with my kids. There are not many years left where they will want me to play with them! I consider webkinz my "brain candy". My hubby has not reached the point where he has purchased a webkin for me, (even thoough my kids laid out heavy hints how much I want the pegasus), but he did buy me chocolates and 2 romance novels!! A step in the right direction!

---------- mimzysmom added 22 Minutes and 5 Seconds later ----------

Hodgieptd, here are my webkinz...
:el1:Grace, :pgnenelope, Briseis (the woman Apollo fell in love with), :wt:Scruffy Miur (remember the show, the Ghost and Mrs. Muir?), Averil (after the singer, Averil Levigne), Liesl (after the oldest daughter in The sound of Music), :koala: Akiko (Japanese for light), Noel, :ppony: Della (after the woman in the story, gift of the Magi) , Erin Mary and Maeve, :chi: Nina, :pig: Tess, :gr: Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards), Isabelle, :koala: Mimzy, my first webkin (*whispering* and my favorite*), Delilah, Mercy, Love, Hope, and last, but not least, Faith.

Last edited by mimzysmom; 12-30-2007 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 01:19 PM   #8
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

First- HAVE HIM PLAY IT! Once I had my dad play it, he loved it! Now he actually plays it. My entire family is into it. It is so addicting. So just have him try it. You never know if he might actually like it! =]
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #9
J1A1Z1

meem has disabled reputation

My husband just looks at WW as a means for me to relax. He knows I work hard and likes to see me lose myself in something. I adore that about him. I think he would like some of the games but if he did I'd have to share computer time with him.
meem is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #10

Charliehorse is an unknown quantity at this point

We have only had webkinz since Christmas day. My husband thinks they are cute and found me a Lil Unicorn at the store. We are not in the States or Canada and they are so so hard to find here so he obviously gets it lol.
Closed