Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Answered: Help! Cannot open dock because of "script in this movie causing Adobe player to go slowly"!

Hello everyone-I have a huge problem...I cannot open my dock in WW. Every time I do, it loads for a few seconds, then a message pops up saying "A script in this movie causes Adobe Player to go slowly-if it continues your computer may become unresponsive." and then if I click Yes to abort the script, the dock loads, but I get non-stop PWs, and I can't click on anything. If I click No and keep it running, the cycle continues. In short, I can't open it.

I fear this is because I have so many items in my dock-I plan to clear it out as I do every day, but I didn't get around to it yesterday, and I have over 2000 items.

Does anyone, maybe someone a little more computer-savvy, know how I can fix this? Thanks so much in advance-this is really putting a fly in my ointment because I need to send out packages!
Best Answer - Posted by Dixiecup
Well, you can try the standard clear cache method or you can uninstall adobe and then re-install the latest version. i have a funny feeling that it isn't on your end though. It may well be that they are tweaking for the new challenge and that is causing scripting errors.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Help! Cannot open dock because of "script in this movie causing Adobe player to go slowly"!

Well, you can try the standard clear cache method or you can uninstall adobe and then re-install the latest version. i have a funny feeling that it isn't on your end though. It may well be that they are tweaking for the new challenge and that is causing scripting errors.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
:D imma be a
Webkinz :)

Googles665 is a jewel in the roughGoogles665 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Help! Cannot open dock because of "script in this movie causing Adobe player to go slowly"!

That has happened to me before. Normally when I have. Bad Internet connection. And I normally just abort and then log out and back on. Hope this helps!
Googles665 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

The big dock, totally understand.
Have you tried instead of opening dock then going kinzpost, going straight kinzpost? (if the blank screen go someplace else then KinzPost)
that is what I have to do when my dock exceeds the rec'd allowance
Old 07-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Thank you so much-I never considered clearing my cache! That's a good theory about them adjusting things-it makes sense too, because it was working just fine yesterday with the same amount of items, and the challenge is due to start this week. I will try clearing cache and uninstalling Adobe and see what happens.

View Post Originally Posted by Googles665
That has happened to me before. Normally when I have. Bad Internet connection. And I normally just abort and then log out and back on. Hope this helps!
Yes-my internet connection has been a little spotty lately-not sure why. Thanks for the suggestion-in addition I am going to restart my computer.

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
The big dock, totally understand.
Have you tried instead of opening dock then going kinzpost, going straight kinzpost? (if the blank screen go someplace else then KinzPost)
that is what I have to do when my dock exceeds the rec'd allowance
Thank you for the idea! It's quite odd, because I've tried that, and the same thing happens. Normally that is my go-to solution when this happens - a "force dock opening" instead of manually doing it.

I have restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe player, and cleared cache to no avail-I am sure it is because of dock size and not the computer, because the dock on my side account and my sister's account can open on all computers, and only my main account with 3000+ items won't open. Is there anything Ganz can do about this, or anything else I can try? I am reluctant to contact them, because I really don't know what else they can do-even if they were to remove some items so it would load, that would still be loss of items.

Last edited by samoyeds43; 07-26-2010 at 10:45 AM..
Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
Diabetes Awareness!

queenbeemmz is a jewel in the roughqueenbeemmz is a jewel in the rough

I frequently get the same message when going into rooms (especially my garden rooms to tend my garden) and I cannot figure what causes it to occur. All I can do is click yes to abort and then close the window and log back in again. I do know that if my kinz time is off (anyone else lose time on their kinz time clock when playing???) it is more likely that I will get the abort error message. Since I have the most recent adobe player and I have gotten it on more than one computer/laptop, I think it must be something with the programing in webkinz that is causing it.
queenbeemmz is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #7

lanejane7 is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Help! Cannot open dock because of "script in this movie causing Adobe player to go slowly"!

You can also go to the w shop!
lanejane7 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

This happens to me, but not with Webkinz. Sometimes when I go on iconator.com it does that.. Or clubpenguin. I'm not sure why on Webkinz. Hope you problem is solved soon.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Thank you for your answers, everyone! I finally got it to open after 45 minutes of waiting and clicking "no" on the message. I am clearing out my dock-I just went to the webkinz website, and they recommend keeping your dock to 100 items , and although there is a "form" for them to fix it, they will have to permanently remove items.
Closed