Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
ISH GRANTED! Now a
Gift Guru

ldskinzkid knows the way
ldskinzkid knows the way

Exclamation Unanswered: HELP!!! Adobe / Firefox headache :(

Good morning all

I guess I better start from the beginning...WW was running fine for me using Internet Explorer until the other week (or month, maybe...who knows...time is just a blur, lol ) and all I could get was the green loading screen.

I posted my troubles here and several people suggested I switch browsers to Firefox (which I thought I already had, but apparently not on THIS computer). When I switched browsers and tried to get on WW the log-in box was the message that I need to download Adobe, which I did.

Unfortunately, the link was to install Adobe 11.1.102.55...I thought I had read somewhere that that version was bugged, but being the WW addict I am, I downloaded it anyway, cause I just wanted to get back on the game

It ran fine for a little while, but for about the past week or so, it has been crashing while trying to unpack my dock (see screenshot below)

Click the image to open in full size.

I have been dealing with it (logging out and relogging in and 99% of the time that would take care of it). It has just gotten to the point to where logging / relogging is not working anymore, so I thought, "Well, I'll just see what version of Adobe I have" and it tuns out I had the 11.blah, blah, blah AS WELL AS 10 ActiveX and the Adobe Reader 8.1.2.

So I thought, "Well, I'll just get rid of the 11.blah, blah, blah since that's the troublemaker and I'll be good to go"

EEENNNGGGHHH (buzzer noise, lol), wrong answer. I uninstalled it and now I'm back to zero because I got the WW home page that says I need to download the Adobe player again...ugh!!! (see screenshot below)

Click the image to open in full size.

Sooooo...is there a different version of Adobe I can use with Firefox that isn't bugged??!!

On a side note, Hubby has been using Internet Explorer with Adobe 10 ActiveX all along with no troubles whatsoever...I don't get it, lol...why me?

Please help!
Hugs and thanks,
Pam
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Theatre910
Webkinz :)

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: HELP!!! Adobe / Firefox headache :(

Some of our library computers get this message, but if you paste:
Welcome to Webkinz
(use above with right button & open in new tab, or use next line, removing space between p & : }
http ://mci2.webkinz.com/loader4.php?go=loadReturnUser&aol=0&fs=0
into the address bar WW loads using the flash on the system.
If you haven't tried this, give it a shot.
This is an alternate address, the one the login on the customer service tab directs you to.
This is also the one that some use to open multiple windows where they otherwise couldn't.

If it doesn't work, try reloading the older version of flash.

Last edited by Twizzlerz; 01-06-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Autism Awareness

Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness
Electrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicnessElectrabuzz1 is epic beyond epicness

I have this same problem. I have started always unloading my dock via The Kinzstyle Outlet rather than "Get Items From Storage" and I seem to have more luck that way. I would recommend that you clean out your dock when you do manage to get it open. I did that and now I crash much less.

I had a Firefoz update waiting for me this morning!! Hopefully it will improve things as well.
Electrabuzz1 is offline Female
Old 01-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Well, I don't know how helpful this is going to be but Adobe offers slightly different flashplayers for systems, not only browsers.
If you go here Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player and enter your system, in the second pulldown menu it should automatically select what flashplayer is best. Never had to do that myself, because I use chrome which has flash built in...
As for crashing when loading dock, even when I use chrome this happens to me sometimes . I probably should clear it out, but I have nowhere to put all of my items....

Oh yes, and if you have Flash "disabled" it'll give you the same "download plugin" sign that tells you to download it in most browsers.

Last edited by cocogirl211; 01-07-2012 at 01:48 PM..
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 01-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Call me Haley
Webkinz :)

Cozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the way

Firefox I do have to say is one of the worst browsers for webkinz. Because since webkinz relies heavily on using adobe flash player and firefox isn't one of the 'good for many types of software" browsers. I would suggest for one clearing your cache and seeing what happens. Also when I close out tabs it helps a lot. Hope this helps.
Cozyy is offline Female
Closed