Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #41
angelsweets2
Webkinz :)
 
angelsweets2's Avatar
angelsweets2 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

I am so sorry. I feel terrible for the poor baby. Unfortnetly, I cant do anything about it. My advice is to call GANZ. So sorry.
angelsweets2 is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #42
Lil Kinz
AmyMone is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

Hello All!

Again we thank you for all of your kind and helpful responses.

First, the good news: Our daughter's account has been re-activated! This would not have been possible without all of the help, advice on dealing with Ganz, and positive attitudes. THIS is what forums are for!

So what happened? Well, it had nothing to do with passwords, her cousin, or any kind of hacking. What did happen was the code tag from one of her pets got lost. Normally, she keeps them safe, but had them out on the way to a friend's house. Presumably lost in the neighborhood. The code was registered again by another user, and *they* contacted Ganz, who told them to fax a copy of the code tag to them. Once Ganz has the original, they immediately revoked our child's account, possession being 9/10ths of the law. This is standard procedure on their part, and I understand their caution in protecting their brand and the user experience.

I phoned Ganz first thing this morning, using the phone number provided by this thread, and pressing "0" as instructed, and the phone was indeed answered by a live person, who put me through to Webkinz support. I left a voice mail and was provided with the customer service call-back extention. The support fellow called back about three hours later and explained the situation to me. I went home & checked all of the code tags and there was one missing, notably the one Ganz raised a red flag about. The support person informed me that Ganz is very strict on this and there was nothing he could do. I asked if they could just delete the lost tag pet from our daughter's files and again was told that that was not policy, but I could speak with a supervisor. I told him that I would like to do this and was promptly connected. I again explained the situation and that our daughter had 15 other Webkinz on her site and if he would just delete the "bad" one, that was all I could ask for. He hemmed and hawwed a bit but decided to do just that. The reactivation was immediate.

So that is the end of our saga with Webkinz. We have one very happy child, two relieved parents, and 15 Webkinz that can be fed and loved on again.

I cannot recall all of the names of those who provided help and support and kind words of encouragement. You know who you are, though, and we thank you very much.

Those of you who are reading this, please know that the Ganz/Webkinz people were all very pleasant to deal with and they do try to do all they can within their policy, because they know they are dealing with a lot of innocent children and equally frazzled parents! Remaining calm with their support persons was essential to getting help in return. I thanked them for keeping their web site safe for children and appreciated all they did for us as well.

Again, thank you all for the help!
AmyMone is offline
Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #43
Huskfan
Gifted
 
webkinzgirl24's Avatar
webkinzgirl24 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzgirl24 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzgirl24 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

View Post Originally Posted by AmyMone
Hello All!

Again we thank you for all of your kind and helpful responses.

First, the good news: Our daughter's account has been re-activated! This would not have been possible without all of the help, advice on dealing with Ganz, and positive attitudes. THIS is what forums are for!

So what happened? Well, it had nothing to do with passwords, her cousin, or any kind of hacking. What did happen was the code tag from one of her pets got lost. Normally, she keeps them safe, but had them out on the way to a friend's house. Presumably lost in the neighborhood. The code was registered again by another user, and *they* contacted Ganz, who told them to fax a copy of the code tag to them. Once Ganz has the original, they immediately revoked our child's account, possession being 9/10ths of the law. This is standard procedure on their part, and I understand their caution in protecting their brand and the user experience.

I phoned Ganz first thing this morning, using the phone number provided by this thread, and pressing "0" as instructed, and the phone was indeed answered by a live person, who put me through to Webkinz support. I left a voice mail and was provided with the customer service call-back extention. The support fellow called back about three hours later and explained the situation to me. I went home & checked all of the code tags and there was one missing, notably the one Ganz raised a red flag about. The support person informed me that Ganz is very strict on this and there was nothing he could do. I asked if they could just delete the lost tag pet from our daughter's files and again was told that that was not policy, but I could speak with a supervisor. I told him that I would like to do this and was promptly connected. I again explained the situation and that our daughter had 15 other Webkinz on her site and if he would just delete the "bad" one, that was all I could ask for. He hemmed and hawwed a bit but decided to do just that. The reactivation was immediate.

So that is the end of our saga with Webkinz. We have one very happy child, two relieved parents, and 15 Webkinz that can be fed and loved on again.

I cannot recall all of the names of those who provided help and support and kind words of encouragement. You know who you are, though, and we thank you very much.

Those of you who are reading this, please know that the Ganz/Webkinz people were all very pleasant to deal with and they do try to do all they can within their policy, because they know they are dealing with a lot of innocent children and equally frazzled parents! Remaining calm with their support persons was essential to getting help in return. I thanked them for keeping their web site safe for children and appreciated all they did for us as well.

Again, thank you all for the help!

I am glad to hear that her account is fixed.
webkinzgirl24 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #44
FLAVOR FLAV!
Webkinz :)
 
Elise Riggs's Avatar
Elise Riggs will become famous soon enough

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

WOW! That is awful! I can't imagine having all my pets lost to me because of one code card! I'm going to lock mine and my kids all up now!!! I sooooo glad to hear everything has been worked out!
Elise Riggs is offline
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM   #45
binkybohboh
Gifted
 
binkybohboh's Avatar
binkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socks

WI Subscriber
Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

I'm so glad your account is restored.Also thank you for posting.We are not that careful with our tags.After reading your post,We have put all tags out of sight in a safe place.
binkybohboh is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #46
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

View Post Originally Posted by AmyMone
Hello All!

Again we thank you for all of your kind and helpful responses.

First, the good news: Our daughter's account has been re-activated! This would not have been possible without all of the help, advice on dealing with Ganz, and positive attitudes. THIS is what forums are for!

So what happened? Well, it had nothing to do with passwords, her cousin, or any kind of hacking. What did happen was the code tag from one of her pets got lost. Normally, she keeps them safe, but had them out on the way to a friend's house. Presumably lost in the neighborhood. The code was registered again by another user, and *they* contacted Ganz, who told them to fax a copy of the code tag to them. Once Ganz has the original, they immediately revoked our child's account, possession being 9/10ths of the law. This is standard procedure on their part, and I understand their caution in protecting their brand and the user experience.

I phoned Ganz first thing this morning, using the phone number provided by this thread, and pressing "0" as instructed, and the phone was indeed answered by a live person, who put me through to Webkinz support. I left a voice mail and was provided with the customer service call-back extention. The support fellow called back about three hours later and explained the situation to me. I went home & checked all of the code tags and there was one missing, notably the one Ganz raised a red flag about. The support person informed me that Ganz is very strict on this and there was nothing he could do. I asked if they could just delete the lost tag pet from our daughter's files and again was told that that was not policy, but I could speak with a supervisor. I told him that I would like to do this and was promptly connected. I again explained the situation and that our daughter had 15 other Webkinz on her site and if he would just delete the "bad" one, that was all I could ask for. He hemmed and hawwed a bit but decided to do just that. The reactivation was immediate.

So that is the end of our saga with Webkinz. We have one very happy child, two relieved parents, and 15 Webkinz that can be fed and loved on again.

I cannot recall all of the names of those who provided help and support and kind words of encouragement. You know who you are, though, and we thank you very much.

Those of you who are reading this, please know that the Ganz/Webkinz people were all very pleasant to deal with and they do try to do all they can within their policy, because they know they are dealing with a lot of innocent children and equally frazzled parents! Remaining calm with their support persons was essential to getting help in return. I thanked them for keeping their web site safe for children and appreciated all they did for us as well.

Again, thank you all for the help!

What is sad about this is that not only did someone try to use the code, but they actually contacted Ganz when it didn't work. It may have been a child who found the code, but an adult was responsible for contacting Ganz and acting like the tag belonged to them regardless of the fact that they knew they didn't purchase the animal and that it would probably cost someone else their account. It's absolutely shameful.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #47
Gifted
 
cuffy's Avatar
cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

I'm so happy that it all worked out for you.
Thank you for the update.
cuffy is offline
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #48
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
What is sad about this is that not only did someone try to use the code, but they actually contacted Ganz when it didn't work. It may have been a child who found the code, but an adult was responsible for contacting Ganz and acting like the tag belonged to them regardless of the fact that they knew they didn't purchase the animal and that it would probably cost someone else their account. It's absolutely shameful.
I agree! I can see perhaps a child finding the tag and trying to enter the pet code; but once they knew that the code was already used, they should have thrown the tag away. It is unforgivable of them to contact Ganz and pretend that they "owned" the code. The sad part about this is that Ganz probably won't take the "found/stolen" pet from their account.

I am glad you are happy with the outcome of your issue! I am so happy to hear that they reinstated your child's account.

I have pet codes all over my room! I guess it is time to "lock them up"!

Have a great evening!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #49
Midna
Guest

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

Probably she typed in fake codes to get a free webkinz.She probably kept on going untill Ganz got suspicious and angry.And then,KABOOM!Whats wrong with my account?Is it broken?Sorry kid!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #50
Gifted
 
pblavelle's Avatar
pblavelle has a spectacular aura aboutpblavelle has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

View Post Originally Posted by Midna
Probably she typed in fake codes to get a free webkinz.She probably kept on going untill Ganz got suspicious and angry.And then,KABOOM!Whats wrong with my account?Is it broken?Sorry kid!
Midna, can you please explain your post? I am somewhat confused.....Her DD did nothing qrong........Read the very first post........ I think you misunderstood ...

I will post my comment and something else that happened here wit a code..........not enough time now but check tomorrow. In the meantime, I am SOOOOO GLAD that your account is restored.......the way in which in was revoked in the first place was wrong.....
pblavelle is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts