Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 AM   #31
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: HELP! Account Revoked

View Post Originally Posted by AmyMone
Yes, we tried this to no avail, as it is not an account suspension.

We do know that our daughter did nothing malicious, nor does she know anything about cheats and hacks.

Unfortunately, she did share her passcode with her younger cousin in spite of our warning not to, and is now painfully realizing the consequences regardless of what her cousin may or may not have done. Our daughter has learned a valuable lesson.

We are hoping that Ganz will be sympathetic, lest they lose a faithful fan of their product.

Again, we will post any results here once we have any.
I am sorry this happened to you and your daughter.

Please, when you call Ganz customer service, don't blame the cousin. If you do this, they will focus on only that and quote their user agreement to you. You need to first take the approach that you have no idea why the account has been revoked. There are so many users and so many user names that are so similar, it could just be a mistake. They could have revoked the wrong account. I hope that's what happened.

Ganz should be able to look at your account and tell you exactly why it was revoked. If they can't see anything wrong with your account, they should re-instate it immediately.

I too have entered incorrect codes in the code shop (substituting a 4 for an A, switching 2 numbers, typing a q for a z, etc, and I am not sure how many times on the account that you can get a violation before they revoke your account. I know that it happened to me twice (2 days in a row) and my account was never revoked). A warning pops up and doesn't let you back into the code shop until the next day (as others have said).

If you can't get a hold of a "live" person, you should keep trying (or tell the operator that you need to talk to a "live" person). I am not sure how many days they keep your account on their computer if it has been revoked.

I am hoping that it is all a big mistake and I wish you the best of luck.

If it does happen to be the cousin's fault, you need to talk to the cousin's parents because they owe your daughter a Webkinz account!
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 02:17 AM   #32

bubbaryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's plight....My three children so dearly love their Webkinz that they get up early enough in the morning to make sure they are fed and happy before they leave for school.

I was wondering if your daughter had had a problem with a wish token, or had deposited one right before the account was closed. My three children have their own accounts, and I have one also, and when I put in my first (and only, so far) wish token, I got a scary message that said something like "...you have performed an illegal activity and your account will be monitored for a period of time (they didn't say how long) pending account suspension and/or closure". It didn't say what the illegal action was. My son got the SAME message when he put his first wish token in, too. So far, we haven't heard anything back and nothing bad has happened, but it frightened us badly and we are never going to use wish tokens again, even if we get some. My other two children are afraid to use theirs. I have no idea what that was all about, or if anyone else got that same message, but PERHAPS it was a glitch and something similar happed to your daughter's account. If I may say so (and I may sound a bit jaded here), but the Webkinz system in general seems to have way too many problems and glitches. I don't know if they just don't have a big or sophisticated enough system to handle the huge number of users, or if they don't have enough tech support or customer service support, but our family seems to have some kind of problem almost every day.

Here are just a few of the problems we currently have with our accounts:

1. My son won a $500 bingo game about three weeks ago, but it has never reset itself, and every day it keeps popping up with a message that he has already won that day and to come back tomorrow.
2. I lost three really cool items when transferring them from my dock to a room. On three separate occasions I was carrying an item (one was an Egyptian column!!!!!!!!!) and the system unexpectedly shut down before I could put the item down, and it disappeared into cyberspace. I e-mailed customer service, but they claimed that items can only disappear unless someone has your password and steals them. Period. When, that's hooey - I KNOW better, I had it happen three times. Now I absolutely cringe every time I move an item around.
3. I can't rename some of my rooms. Sometimes I can, but sometimes I can't - not even with a simple word like "room". I have to use a handwritten map so that I can keep track of which rooms have what in them. The rooms that I can't rename stay with the original "number" that comes with it when you first buy them. I sent an e-mail to Ganz about this, and they sent one back telling me that I could only use words in their dictionary. Well, no kidding, but I think "room" is in their dictionary! I tried all kinds of easy words like "pink" and "garden" and "kitchen", but nothing works for those rooms, and it's got to be a glitch!
4. I completed the Series Two card collection (the WHOLE thing, all four sections, at no small expense), but when I pushed the button to collect my last two prizes (the W-tales book sofa and the Series Two waterfall), the system went down and I lost them. I called plus sent about ten e-mails about that one, but I haven't heard anything from Ganz yet. That happened in February.

Our family loves Webkinz so much that we keep coming back; however, I still think Ganz needs to step up and make some SERIOUS FIXES!

There, my rant is over, and I didn't mean to undermine your daughter's problem-I just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain and frustration, and I REALLY hope that you can get this straightened out and fixed! Password or no password, sometimes I think that Ganz needs to realize that this is primarily a kids' game, one that parents shell out a LOT of money for, and if it becomes too much of hassle there are lots of other gamesites out there. I've never heard of another kid's website closing down an account and basically accusing the user (more than likely a child) of illegal or criminal activity. It's really a shame.

Keep us posted, our thoughts are with you!!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #33
Yea I am .....
Gifted

stlpeeps will become famous soon enough

Good luck. I hope Ganz is understanding enough to help you. Have you talked to cousin yet?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #34
charming33

well if your daughter was entering codes random ones that could get her into trouble for atleast a day or so..But other wise i would contact ganz

---------- charming33 added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

samething happened with me today! allmy stuff went hosta la bye bye!

Last edited by charming33; 04-07-2008 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #35
Happily at last, a

Jane Austen is on a distinguished road

I want to say how sorry I am that happened too. If your daughter still has her secret code you could use that to try and change the password. Or did she give the code? If she only told her password there is still hope of not losing everything.
I don't know if this was helpful or not, but I hope it was.
Jane Austen is offline Female
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #36
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by bubbaryan

3. I can't rename some of my rooms. Sometimes I can, but sometimes I can't - not even with a simple word like "room". I have to use a handwritten map so that I can keep track of which rooms have what in them. The rooms that I can't rename stay with the original "number" that comes with it when you first buy them. I sent an e-mail to Ganz about this, and they sent one back telling me that I could only use words in their dictionary. Well, no kidding, but I think "room" is in their dictionary! I tried all kinds of easy words like "pink" and "garden" and "kitchen", but nothing works for those rooms, and it's got to be a glitch!

I am sorry to hear about all of your problems too.

I will tell you what worked for me within a few days regarding renaming my rooms. I logged on to the account that this was happening to, I went to the "comments" section and wrote something like: "I understand that you have a new word dictionary. But, I opened my account on Christmas and I still can't rename my rooms anything, not even "room" (without the quotes). Can you please add the new dictionary to my account (or the server my account belongs to, whichever is the appropriate thing for the programming). Thank you! Sincerely, xxxxx(account userid)

I am not sure if this will work for you, but it is worth a try. Maybe the timing of my message coincided with them going to fix it anyway?

I wish they would take our email addresses when we open our accounts. They should send warning messages to us via email. I was so afraid when I got the warning messages when I entered my codes in the code shop. I was not entering "random" codes, but I was mis-reading 4's for A's, 6's for 8's, swapping numbers (dyslexia), etc. I think they could put in place a better program that could identify mistakes like this and make them not count against you. They should also tell you how many more "offenses" you have before they take away your account. I feel so sorry for children with dyslexia. Webkinz scared me with their warning message; I can image where children would cry over this.

They have a new user agreement as of April 2, 2008. They mention that the user agreement also applies to Webkinz EStore purchases. Can you imagine.... You pay $xx.xx real money for an exclusive at the EStore, you enter the code in WW, and then you get logged out right before you are supposed to get your exclusive. You log back in and you try entering the code again, and you get a warning message that the code has been used and you shouldn't enter codes that aren't your own, and if you enter too many you will be banned. You call customer support, and they tell you too bad, so sad, the only thing I can do is offer you 50 Kinzcash (or whatever their new policy of the day is). You say "but I pad $xx.xx real money for my exclusive". They quote their user agreement to you and repeat that is all they can do for you.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #37
auntlella
auntlella is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by bubbaryan

I was wondering if your daughter had had a problem with a wish token, or had deposited one right before the account was closed. My three children have their own accounts, and I have one also, and when I put in my first (and only, so far) wish token, I got a scary message that said something like "...you have performed an illegal activity and your account will be monitored for a period of time (they didn't say how long) pending account suspension and/or closure". It didn't say what the illegal action was. My son got the SAME message when he put his first wish token in, too. So far, we haven't heard anything back and nothing bad has happened, but it frightened us badly and we are never going to use wish tokens again, even if we get some. My other two children are afraid to use theirs. I have no idea what that was all about, or if anyone else got that same message, but PERHAPS it was a glitch and something similar happed to your daughter's account.

I had the same thing happen yesterday.

I'm posting the picture in a separate thread: "Suspicious Amanda Panda" (If I can, I'm new to all of this.)
Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #38
Gifted

pblavelle has a spectacular aura aboutpblavelle has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I am sorry to hear about all of your problems too.

I will tell you what worked for me within a few days regarding renaming my rooms. I logged on to the account that this was happening to, I went to the "comments" section and wrote something like: "I understand that you have a new word dictionary. But, I opened my account on Christmas and I still can't rename my rooms anything, not even "room" (without the quotes). Can you please add the new dictionary to my account (or the server my account belongs to, whichever is the appropriate thing for the programming). Thank you! Sincerely, xxxxx(account userid)

I am not sure if this will work for you, but it is worth a try. Maybe the timing of my message coincided with them going to fix it anyway?

I wish they would take our email addresses when we open our accounts. They should send warning messages to us via email. I was so afraid when I got the warning messages when I entered my codes in the code shop. I was not entering "random" codes, but I was mis-reading 4's for A's, 6's for 8's, swapping numbers (dyslexia), etc. I think they could put in place a better program that could identify mistakes like this and make them not count against you. They should also tell you how many more "offenses" you have before they take away your account. I feel so sorry for children with dyslexia. Webkinz scared me with their warning message; I can image where children would cry over this.

They have a new user agreement as of April 2, 2008. They mention that the user agreement also applies to Webkinz EStore purchases. Can you imagine.... You pay $xx.xx real money for an exclusive at the EStore, you enter the code in WW, and then you get logged out right before you are supposed to get your exclusive. You log back in and you try entering the code again, and you get a warning message that the code has been used and you shouldn't enter codes that aren't your own, and if you enter too many you will be banned. You call customer support, and they tell you too bad, so sad, the only thing I can do is offer you 50 Kinzcash (or whatever their new policy of the day is). You say "but I pad $xx.xx real money for my exclusive". They quote their user agreement to you and repeat that is all they can do for you.
Hi all, I have read many of the comments and don't have time to respond now but SNOW has pretty much covered my thoughts which have already been stated here and on the other thread we have going about the Email and Snail Mail.....Snow, maybe we can give everyoneth elink to that thread. Angelgurl1 has been ill but she should be back today or tomorrow. I have to get running to the Dr. myself, but let me tell all of you, that I am soooo tired of HOLDING MY BREATH to see if the kids get their gifts or if it is going to be more crying........When POTM started it was bed enough, now it has gotten worse, and some things I am reading, I am shocked...(well, I shouldn't be). Do they blame us for being upset?
I HOPE they resolve all these problems QUICKLY, BUT we said that last week. Please do post back whtever any of you hear from Ganz.....I hope it is positive!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #39
Wacky Holidays!

Here is a link to the other thread that was started by angelgurl1 (My EMail From GANZ Customer Support & My response!):

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...z-t267038.html

Page 11 of the tread has links to other threads and places where you can get Ganz business information (particularly posts 105, 107 and 109 of angelgurl1's thread):
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...267038p11.html

I thought I knew about most of the Webkinz glitches, until I read this thread! I found another closed thread where there were a lot of people receiving a warning message when they put their wish tokens in the Wish Factory (saying that there was suspicious activity on their account and their account was going to be monitored).

I wish they would monitor my account, then they would know exactly how many exclusives I never received with my adoptions! LOL (being sarcastic!)
Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #40
Gifted

pblavelle has a spectacular aura aboutpblavelle has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
Here is a link to the other thread that was started by angelgurl1 (My EMail From GANZ Customer Support & My response!):

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...z-t267038.html

Page 11 of the tread has links to other threads and places where you can get Ganz business information (particularly posts 105, 107 and 109 of angelgurl1's thread):
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...267038p11.html

I thought I knew about most of the Webkinz glitches, until I read this thread! I found another closed thread where there were a lot of people receiving a warning message when they put their wish tokens in the Wish Factory (saying that there was suspicious activity on their account and their account was going to be monitored).

I wish they would monitor my account, then they would know exactly how many exclusives I never received with my adoptions! LOL (being sarcastic!)
Snow,
I read that as well but didn't have time to post as I was on my way to the Dr. Besides, I was soooo angry, that I had to think about what I said FIRST! You know how that goes.......I don't knI don't knw why the thread would be closed?!?!?!?!
My thoughts are this is a public forum and we have not bashed GANZ, (yet, anyway...LOL) I am still HOPING for a positive solution toall of this. I have yet tho to receive a phone call back from last week but I honestly didn't expect to with all of the problems.....there seems to be more everyday........The really sad thing is they say to hold off on adoptg th e POTM to only SOME people.......the purpose of the POTM is to enter it on the 1st of the month........the children count the days to do this. 2 months in a row....no POTM loot bag. Now all of this with the account problems, I am too afraid to allow them to adopt anymore.....it is not a happy household here with Webbies rightnow to say the least. I think the site is fantastic, WHEN it works for hte kids, my GK's are younger and they have learned sooooo much, and no they don't understand all of this....They just know they didn't get their gifts and that they can't get into one of our acccounts.......Mine isn't giving me any messages, it just simply doesn't work.........
I think this is a great place for people to "vent" and also give informative and helpful information.
It has opened my eyes even wider..........
SNOW, have you had any positive response? OR, if nayone has gotten a good response, PLEASE DO post it here. We need to give credit where credit is due........Unfortunately, as of right now, I have none to report. Maybe tomorrow?????

I am checking back to see if AMYMONE has gotten in touch with Ganz. SURELY, they took care of her problem.......keeping my fingers crossed.
Closed