Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: HELP!

Well, the dolls aren't original to anyone on WI. That site has been around for a while, and I've given out that link here in the past. It's not a secret site, or private by any means. It's a fun doll making site, and I think it's not right when people cut off the site name from the bottom of the graphic to claim it as their own somehow. Here is the link to the site;

noaschnee.com _ Animated Neowiz Doll Maker
Desty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #12

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Well, the dolls aren't original to anyone on WI. That site has been around for a while, and I've given out that link here in the past. It's not a secret site, or private by any means. It's a fun doll making site, and I think it's not right when people cut off the site name from the bottom of the graphic to claim it as their own somehow. Here is the link to the site;

noaschnee.com _ Animated Neowiz Doll Maker
That is very nice of you to do for her Desty. I am just saying that she should be original because Delilah was first to have it in her shop, and she should keep it in her shop if she has it. :3 I meant to say people are allowed to use it, as long as they don't offer it in their shops
Priceless is offline Male
Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #13
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

But, why can't they offer those dolls in their shops? I understand that people like to have something that no one else has, but this is not an original creation. It is being used though as an original creation. Cutting off the site name at the bottom is not giving credit to the actual original artist. This site has been around, and I've used it a lot of times. There are lots of shops that have graphics that are pretty much the same as other shops. Fads come and go.
The thing that might be original is how a shop owner might 'doctor it up'. The graphic itself is public on the internet and can be used by anyone here.
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #14
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

Well, I don't cut the logo off. It's off when I save it.
Delilah is offline Female
Old 02-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #15

I see your point Desty, and I respect it. Sometimes its a good feeling for people to know they are the only shop with ____ . But I am glad your being nice about the situation, and all I can say is Thank you
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
I see your point Desty, and I respect it. Sometimes its a good feeling for people to know they are the only shop with ____ . But I am glad your being nice about the situation, and all I can say is Thank you
Yes, same here. It's just that feeling we get when we know that we're the only shop that has something, or that brought something to WI.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
I'm movin' on ♥

I don't want to be mean or anything, I really do understand the different points here. But, the 1st rule in the Avvie/Siggy Shop section says that if you get a graphic from another site, you have to give proper credit to that site. I have seen that people are not sharing that info.
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
I'm a Piano Playing

gymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond repute

All of you guys have great points. In my opinion, I think it is fine to have those in your shop, as long as you do something to it to make it your own. For example, you could personalize them for your customers in some way that no other shop is offering. If you did something like that, I think it'd be fine. It's all about being original and not just another shop. In fact, I'm pretty sure Priceless has a great article all about that! Why don't you take a look at it here. In the meantime, try thinking of some other things you can do in your shop that will make it totally unique. Good luck, I hope I helped you! (:

Last edited by gymnasttaylor; 02-13-2011 at 05:55 PM..
gymnasttaylor is offline Female
Old 02-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds

I don't think there are any other ways to customize them afctually, Taylor. I mean, iit was my idea to put text on them and different coloured borders on them, so yeah. There wouldn't be any other way for them to not need to give credit....even though the 2 other people who have them in their shop didn't give credit. I've only gotten credit from Starla and I think Priceless for other things. So yeah.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #20

Everyone! How about we just know that we all are talented, original, great, beautiful (and every other good adjective in the world) graphics makers

You ALL are amazing, and I don't want to see a (happy) fight xD I want everyone to be happy with what they are doing, and be proud of it. Don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.

If you keep on believing you won't be original if a bunch of people are copying or using the idea, you won't get anywhere. I mean, I have the idea of a a "Simplicity" sig, and many people are using that, and I am actually proud that people are using the idea

If we all just live in Harmony, and support one another, we can all get somewhere. <3333
Closed