Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

googlesluv has a spectacular aura about

Red face Unanswered: Help!!!

Hello Wi! I really want a few webkinz but I don't know what to say to my Dad to get me one! Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should say? I really want the Llama, Giraffe, Lil'KInz Elephant, and Lil'kinz Black and White Cheeky Dog. And I also just need 1 more pet for a super bed! :pg:
googlesluv is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Help!!!

Well I have a few ideas. Start doing chores around the house like sweeping the floor and washing the dishes and also cleaning your bedroom.

Then after a few days of working really hard ask your dad whether he could pick up a webbie for you. Maybe start by asking him for a lilkinz first because they are a bit cheaper.

Or if your birthday is coming up soon maybe you could drop the hint that you would really like a new webbie for your birthday.

Also try to avoid typing in bright green it is a little hard to read for some people.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 01-31-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

You need to prove to him that you're responsible and deserve the Webiknz. Like Pat said, you could do some extra chores around the house, he might take notice.

Also, a happy compromise, like asking for a Li'l kinz is good, they're only $5 dollars in some stores.

You can also save up for a webkinz. If you really want one, bake sales are good, and putting aside money is always the best way to go.

Hope I helped!
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #4

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Start doing chores and being really nice. Do above and beyond and impress your parents. Then kindly ask your parents if they will be you a webkinz or help buy you a webkinz. I hope this works and if it does I hope you get the webkinz you want!
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #5

broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!

A little while my kid wanted something new and asked for chores to make money. And now she does those chores everyday so she is always earning! Begging WON"T work!! Good luck!
broevil222 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #6

fashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundfashionpug100 radiates beauty and kindness all around

start helping and is he kinda soft hearted?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Well...

It sounds like you have part of your plan worked out.

What you want. Now you need to figure out HOW to get it.

As a Mom...I will tell you that asking and begging will not work and will backfire on you.

When my kids want something (or a few somethings like you want) we work out a plan.

SO I would suggest being open and upfront with your Dad.

You are growing up now.....you can do this.

Tell him your plan. You want 4 new webkinz. And write it down on paper.

Write down all the ideas you can think of to earn money toward your goal.

Work on 1 Webkinz at a time so you do not overwhelm yourself and HIM. LOL

I think you will find that he will be proud of you for being so mature and not just
begging for money. and that you actually have put some thought into this.

Good Luck!!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

rockermom has some good plans.

Another thing to be aware of is your family's financial situation.

Not exact numbers, but in general.
If things are tight, or if someone is still looking for a job, it is probably not the
right time to be asking for things.
You can say, I would like abc, but I know this is not a good time.
Is there anything I can do?

A big thing is being able to talk to and learn from your family.

And don't stay angry if he says no or only partly agrees.

Many times there are things parents are aware of that their children are not.

Life can be hard, and he may be hoping to teach other lessons.

In many families, chores are considered part of your duty in the household,

shared by everyone, and not a way of earning money. If that is the case,
ask if you can keep some of any money you might get for holidays or
birthdays. Perhaps ask if you could receive part of your gifts as money
so you can learn how to save and shop.

If you don't have an allowance, ask if you can start.

Many families have children save allowances in 3 ways -
fun money, long term wants, and charity. That might be something to suggest.

Remember - no matter what you have your family. Love them most.

Webbies are fun, but they are a want, not a need.
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

You could probably earn some money by doing some work around the house or going around helping elderly neighbers or someone who needs help, then when you've got enough money you can ask if you can buy some, if you've worked really hard they're sure to say yes!
labsrock is offline Female
Old 02-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

I would agree with what every one else has said, that you should try to earn the webbies by helping out around the house.

I would add that you could write them down as a "wish list." Maybe ask your dad to get them soon, but to give them to you as Christmas and birthday presents this year. You may have to wait a long time to get them as presents, but the point is that you would get them.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Closed