Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
OMG! I'm a
Webkinz :)

manateelover14 will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Help

Hi.
I need some help.
I'm a true WI addict and there's a problem!
I feel that I'm on the computer too much!
So I don't know if I should quit WI!
I want to do other things but WI is so much fun!
What would you do?
manateelover14 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
k9mp
Madison5398 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Help

Limit your time on WI. So spend 45 mintes on WI every day and 45 minutes on webbies daily.the rest of the day you can enjoy other thing like games,T.V,ect.

Hope this helps!
Madison5398 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:48 AM   #3

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I can identify - I spend way to much time on the computer! Try giving yourself a time limit, and keep it. Set a timer, and when it goes off, go do something else. Or else "reward" yourself with computer time when you have accomplished other things you need to do, such as homework, chores, exercise, etc. and don't go on the computer until you have met your other goals. Hmm, I think I should take my own advice...
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #4
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

You DO realize that you are asking the people who are doing the same thing
you are doing to help you decide how to put limits on what you are doing...

LOL! I don't know if there is a cure....
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #5
Becky1216

Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by KittyFanatic
You DO realize that you are asking the people who are doing the same thing
you are doing to help you decide how to put limits on what you are doing...

LOL! I don't know if there is a cure....
LOL! I was kind of just thinking the same thing...I would say to stay on LONGER!! (Just kidding)

It has become a problem with me as well. I am on the computer WAYYY too much, but I love it here on WI!

Maybe we should all enroll in WI meetings (like AA)....maybe someone should suggest it to the admins and we could hold the meetings here on WI....LOL. Oh wait! I guess that would ruin the whole thing, lol!!!

On the serious side, maybe you should take advice from some of the other WI members. Make a time limit for yourself. Or only allow yourself to go on the computer after you have accomplished something. I think that all of those are GREAT ideas. Maybe thats what I need to do...

Good luck!!
Becky316 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 02:45 AM   #6
SEH58
Gift Guru

sherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant futuresherrylaine has a brilliant future

Yes, someone please start WI meetings before some of us end up in D I V O R C E court. Will you look at the time, 3:30 a.m., and I was thinking of giving this poster advise. Ha, giving advise to someone needing help not being on the computer so much; everyone for themselves, I guess.
Seriously, I've been thinking I need to budget computer time as its taken over my life A couple of hours a day is plenty although I bet I'll have withdrawals.
Good luck to everyone.......

Sherry
sherrylaine is offline Female
Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

manateelover14,

I've been known to say it this way...

Hi, my name is Jenn, and I'm a Kinzaholic. For you maybe a WIaholic.

I've found that I measure my involvement this way: is my time on the computer getting in the way of my job time or family time or other time that is important?

I also try to keep tabs on how much time I'm doing it... which it sounds like you've done.

Maybe you could call a certain time of the day your WI time... from say, 1-2 pm. Maybe if you set aside that time everyday, you would know when your time was coming, but stay focused on other stuff.

I like to get stuff from the Asian Curio shop, so I usually schedule my time around when the Asian rare is coming. Though I allow myself more time on my days off. Hope this helps.

Peace,

Jenn
Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
OMG! I'm a

Thanks you guys!
rep points for all of you!
Old 09-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #9

Emmah432 is on a distinguished road

Don't Quit. Just limit your time on the computer. that way you still have a wonderful time & more time doing other things.
Emmah432 is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
OMG! I'm a

Thanks!
rep!
Closed