Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
Lil Kinz

Porgella is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Heat problems!

If you always keep it on that could be the problem i dont think you should be asking kids you could call the geek squad from best buy

Click the image to open in full size.
Porgella is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #12
Banned
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish

My mom's computer gets VERY hot. My dad bought her a cooling fan from Walmart that only costs less than $20. They work very well!
WolvesRGr8t is offline Male
Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #13
Gifted

ChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a million
ChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a millionChrissyW is one in a million

I took mine and had it cleaned because it was getting SO HOT! the fan was actually clogged up with dust etc. and it stopped burning us after it was cleaned.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
Summer, come back!
Webkinz :)

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

View Post Originally Posted by smallmonkey953
Ugh! I keep going on my laptop (dell vista) and it is turning off because it's getting too hot! What should I do that wouldn't make me have to shut down?
:[
~small

Dell has good tech support. You can call them. We never put the computer directly on our laps. DH says that caused heat problems. We found a laptop thingy with holes in it so the air can circulate for me and DH has a tray sort of thing he found in the kitchen that he likes.
Good luck. Call Dell. You paid for tech support in the price of your computer.
kawee is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
hat happened to love

funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!

well i have a toshiba and the vants are on the side so mine doesnt over heat but my oms did so we worked by a fan and i used a little cushison (spelling?) lol
funny12321 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by smallmonkey953
Ugh! I keep going on my laptop (dell vista) and it is turning off because it's getting too hot! What should I do that wouldn't make me have to shut down?
:[
~small

My brother's xBox360 always heats up. He uses a fan and directs it onto his xBox. Try that for your computer. But not those big ceiling fans, the small portable ones
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #17
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

My mom's dell laptop has a problem with that. we got a fan platform thing that you put underneath your laptop to help keep it cool. Before we had that, i put ice packs on it
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #18

kissyer is an unknown quantity at this point

i put a dictionary in the middle of it and let the sides hang off
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #19
♥ FTP ♥
Gift Guru

kittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roostkittyhub54 rules the roost

I think I can help you with this one.
I have the EXACT same issue with our families 7 year old Toshiba Laptop.

Okay, from my experiences, I know exactly what you mean by burns on your legs.
I always use pillows and then put the computer on top. Even a small pillow will prevent
the computer heating you up until your as hot as the computer. So theres some tips for the
heat.

As for the shutting down...Flash Player. Thats the one thing my computer just can't
seem to handle. Its a bummer because I like playing Webkinz on the laptop in front of
the TV so I can be a double Couch Potato. But if you can, try playing Webkinz on
a computer you know won't over heat and then have a freak out session. Flash Player,
You Tube, things that require alot of loading, seem to be the real killers for my computer.

Also, if your computer is a little old, it might be because well, its getting OLD. My computer is old, and thats why it shuts down. It gets hot and it doesn't want to work for anyone. Everything
slows down as time progresses. What will help it though speed up a little bit is the following:

-Move Pictures and safekeeps to a External Hard Drive(portable hard drive). (I can't even express how important this is. If you computer is turning off from overheating, then it might crash ANY minute like mine did)

-Try to keep computer games to a computer that can handle it. My computer sped up SOOO much when I removed Zoo Tycoon, Sims, etc. If you don't have another computer, then pick your favorite two and remove the rest.

-Limit your Users. If you have 5 Users for yourself, or 1 for yourself and 1 for someone who never uses it, DELETE IT. Your computer will speed up incredibly. It used to take 5 minutes for my email to load, and once I deleted a user, it merely took 30 seconds. Many users slows down your computer. It has a whole extra user to think about.

-When you hear your computer "breathing hard" lift it up and give it some fresh air. That sounds ridiculous, but trust me. It helps the engine cool off a little bit.

Okay, I will shush now. I hope I helped a little. Good luck with your computer!

PS: If the problems persist, then you might even want to get the battery replaced. OIur laptop has a failed battery that doesn't work an extra second when its unplugged from the wall.

Last edited by kittyhub54; 06-28-2010 at 10:49 PM..
kittyhub54 is offline Female
Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #20
αℓℓ уσυ ηєє∂ ιѕ ℓσνє

MuffinNinja is just really niceMuffinNinja is just really nice

take it in to a electronics store (radio shack, best buy, circuit city, etc) and ask them to check it out and see what is wrong with the battery
MuffinNinja is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheezeiful!