Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
I'm a Shabby Chic
Webkinz :)

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

Question Answered: Has the user customization featuer for our profiles been changed?

I am trying to update my profile and can't upload images anymore. Does someone know if this was changed in my absence?
peggios is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by monkeecj
Hey, peggios. Is your album a "Profile Album?" That is the only type of album that will work for uploading pictures. If not, edit the album and change it to a "Profile" one and try again.

If you still are not seeing the little icon that looks like this (which I don't know why you wouldn't):

Click the image to open in full size.

... then you can manually change the URL to fit the slots. Here's the story behind that which I posted for another member a while ago:

Originally Posted by monkeecj
The customization page does not accept the URL that WI gives you when you view a picture; each picture used to follow a different URL and now it is programmed differently. The old version has an album number and a picture number in it, while the new one uses the names of the albums and pictures which is NOT accepted in the customization page (at least not for me).

So what you need to do is find out the album number and picture number of the picture you want as a background, and put it into this URL form:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e.php?albumid=[insert album id here]&pictureid=[insert picture id here]

(ignore the hyperlink - I can't get rid of it! The "..." stands for "pictur")

THAT is what the customization page accepts.

To find out the album and picture number, you will have to click "Edit" on the picture you want to use and the URL will then show those two numbers. The address of the picture should end like this:

albumid=[album number]&pictureid=[picture number]

So you can copy and paste that text from the address bar and it can go directly in the form mentioned above. Type the final http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e.php?albumid=[insert album id here]&pictureid=[insert picture id here]" form in the bar for background image and you should be all set.
See if that works for you...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Has the user custimization featuer for our profiles been changed?

View Post Originally Posted by peggios
I am trying to update my profile and can't upload images anymore. Does someone know if this was changed in my absence?
Well I haven't changed my profile in over a year so I can't really remember how to do but I do remember that you have to upload the pictures you are going to use to an album. Are you making sure that you are doing that?
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 01-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
I'm a Shabby Chic
Webkinz :)

peggios knows the way
peggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the waypeggios knows the way

Default Re: Has the user custimization featuer for our profiles been changed?

Yes, I have an album full of pictures. The little picture icon is gone from my profile that you used to click on to get the pictures from the album to the profile. Now there is a message that says to enter the URL from your profile album, but when I do it give me an "invalid" message!
peggios is offline Female
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Default Re: Has the user customization featuer for our profiles been changed?

Hey, peggios. Is your album a "Profile Album?" That is the only type of album that will work for uploading pictures. If not, edit the album and change it to a "Profile" one and try again.

If you still are not seeing the little icon that looks like this (which I don't know why you wouldn't):

Click the image to open in full size.

... then you can manually change the URL to fit the slots. Here's the story behind that which I posted for another member a while ago:

Originally Posted by monkeecj
The customization page does not accept the URL that WI gives you when you view a picture; each picture used to follow a different URL and now it is programmed differently. The old version has an album number and a picture number in it, while the new one uses the names of the albums and pictures which is NOT accepted in the customization page (at least not for me).

So what you need to do is find out the album number and picture number of the picture you want as a background, and put it into this URL form:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e.php?albumid=[insert album id here]&pictureid=[insert picture id here]

(ignore the hyperlink - I can't get rid of it! The "..." stands for "pictur")

THAT is what the customization page accepts.

To find out the album and picture number, you will have to click "Edit" on the picture you want to use and the URL will then show those two numbers. The address of the picture should end like this:

albumid=[album number]&pictureid=[picture number]

So you can copy and paste that text from the address bar and it can go directly in the form mentioned above. Type the final http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e.php?albumid=[insert album id here]&pictureid=[insert picture id here]" form in the bar for background image and you should be all set.
See if that works for you...
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Gifted

lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible
lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible

Default Re: Has the user customization featuer for our profiles been changed?

Maybe it's not a "profile album" try making it one if it isn't already.
Closed