Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #11
He is Risen and Aliv
Webkinz :)

DreamCatcher81 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Has this happened to anyone else???!

It won't let me do it eithier. I think you just can't use names.
DreamCatcher81 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #12
kazoo2002

Kazoo2002 is on a distinguished road

Whoever said you could only name rooms using numbers is wrong! I had problems renaming rooms and sent them a message and they said it was because the words I was using was not in their dictionary. BUT I had to email them back because I was using the same words my neice had used and it would not let ME do it. They emailed me back and it was a glich in that case - they had to do something to correct it. So whoever it was that said "living room" wouldn't work, I would email them because those words ARE in thier dictionary, and have used that room name on my account. (Tha was one that I had to email Ganz about - it would not let me at first and I knew it was ok becatuse my neice had a room named that)
Old 05-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #13

PookieBear is a glorious beacon of lightPookieBear is a glorious beacon of lightPookieBear is a glorious beacon of light

I've had problems naming rooms too. Sometimes the words that they don't allow don't make much sense. Oh well, I just try to think of another name instead of trying to contact Ganz. I think they are too busy fixing other glitches to really care about not being able to name a room a certain name.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #14
Gift Guru

mckylee will become famous soon enough

I have 48 Webkinz and a ton of rooms so I understand your frustrations renaming rooms. I had to become creative because even some room themes cant be used as the name. I usually just keep trying different combos of the words I want to use until it accepts one. Also I noticed that until I had 15-20 webkinz it wouldn't let me rename the original free pet rooms that you get with the first 10 adoptions. Its a mystery why I can use outside but not name it backyard! Crazy! Good luck I hope this helped a little.
mckylee is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #15
GammaYaYa

cammieobrien has disabled reputation

The first ten pets you purchase are given a room with their names. So that's not a problem. Starting with the eleventh pet, they give you an extra 1000 Kinzcash, and you have to buy your own room. That's where the problem comes in as far as naming the room. The pet's name is not in the vocablary list as the vocabulary list is limited to Webkinz World words. I usually name the room by the theme I select. Sometimes that doesn't even work so I select some words of an item in the room theme. For example, my room with the Winter Wonderland theme couldn't be named that so I labeled it Frozen Delights Room after the dining chair. What really bugs me is the grammar. Somebody needs to edit the entire site. Every day I cringe a hundred times at the errors in spelling, grammar, tense, etc. Quizzy's Corner is a disaster. The only good thing about getting the Kinzcash with the eleventh pet and on is you can locate your new room where you want it in your house. I'm sure that's why Ganz set it up that way. I just wish you could rearrange the rooms since I don't like some of the placement of the original ten rooms. Hope that helps a bit.

Another pet peeve on this subject of naming rooms is they don't give you enough letters. I can't even name the Ancient Civilization Room that--too many letters. UGH!! And the vocabulary list contains spelling errors. My school room has to be Class Room instead of Classroom.
cammieobrien is offline Female
Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #16

Samrocks123 is an unknown quantity at this point

it's just that Webkinz doesn't want people to name their oets name in their pets room but they will until your tenth pet.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #17

monkeysister123 is on a distinguished road

I just don't understand why they won't fix it already!
i know they are not going to, but they should!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
My Webkinz will be a
Gift Guru

dancinwebkinzlvr has a spectacular aura about

You can't name the rooms names of people/pets. They use the same dictionary that was in KinzChat Plus, which did not allow any names... it really stinks!
dancinwebkinzlvr is offline Female
Old 05-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #19

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

What my kids and I do for all our pets bedrooms is to put the room names in all capitals. If you get to name it their actual names that's great but if not at least you can put the name of what type of Webkinz they are and their rooms will stand apart from all the other rooms. My daughters have mansions and it really helps when their pet rooms stand out.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #20

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Some interesting comments in here. I was surprised at the comment about numbers, because I tried naming our second strawberry garden "Strawberry garden 2" and it wouldn't let me, so I assumed that numbers were out.
Here's another interesting one: For weeks we had a cash cow trophy stuck in our science lab, a name that was allowed. When I finally decided to report it, I had to give the name of the item and the room it was in. When I tried to say it was in the science lab, it wouldn't recognize the name, even though that's what it's called. I got some comment about only alphanumeric characters being allowed. I tried renaming the room to science room, got the same comment. I finally ended up calling it just "room", which it finally recognized. Then a day or two later I noticed that it was unstuck, but ALL our cash cow trophies were in our dock, not just the one.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed