Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

bigtoe has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: Has anyone spoke to a Ganz rep today (3/30)??

UPDATE:
I just got off the phone with Ganz (they called me back in less than 3 hrs - A LOT quicker than I expected):

Same info that has been posted elsewhere - there is a server down which they hope to have fixed sometime tonight.

I asked if Ganz would give the people on that server access to extra turns on the WOW/Wishing Well, etc, and she said that wouldn't be feasible since the problem has affected "thousands of users."

I told the Customer Service Rep that Ganz has a pretty big customer service issue brewing, in that so many people are disgusted by the lack of care from Ganz. I suggested that when something like this glitch happens, Ganz should automatically give everyone something extra to make up for the inconvenience, along the lines of what I said in a posting below this one. Again, it cost Ganz nothing to give us a coupon for an extra spin on the Wheel of Wow, or something along those lines.

Please read a new post I'm going to add asking everyone who communicates with Ganz to pass along that they are very unhappy with the lack of customer care from Ganz (if you agree with that sentiment, obviously). If enough of us express our feelings about this and what Ganz can do to keep us as customers, we might just actually get something done (power to the people, right?)!!

Original posting:
Has anyone spoken to a Ganz representative today - Monday, 3/30????

If you have spoken to Ganz today, can you please post what you are being told? Please - I hate being left in the dark like this.

I'm one of those people who can access one Webkinz account, but when I try to log in with my other account, I get the "Webkinz World is unavailable. We are doing important maintenance." message.

I've called the Ganz number posted in another folder on this website. I tried everything to talk to a real person, but finally gave up and left a voicemail. The message said that even if I haven't heard back from them in 24 - 48 hours, to please NOT call (how's that for customer service?). I also filled out the form from the customer service website on the WW page.

After reading emails from others on how long it takes Ganz to call back, I'm just hoping I'll be able to access my account by April 1st. One of my pets is the Alley Cat - the April POM! I'll really be hopping mad if I can't get in by Wednesday. (That Easter pun was unintended.)

Ganz should be thankful so many people love their pets and enjoy their website, because their Customer Service is severely lacking. They need to utilize their newspaper site to communicate what is happening when there are widespread problems.

Thanks for reading - I really needed to vent! I'm just hoping someone out there has some official information as to what is happening.

Last edited by bigtoe; 03-30-2009 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Posted communication from GANZ CSR
bigtoe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #2

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 
Default Re: Has anyone spoke to a Ganz rep today (3/30)??

Hi Bigtoe!

Looks like we got the exact same message! I am sorry you having the same problems I am, it is so frustrating. Maybe customer service is taking the day off until I chill out! - just teasing.

Just wanted you to know I really feel your pain, you are not alone!

mjsiowa
mjsiowa is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
is totally
Gifted

jeralynann11 is a splendid one to beholdjeralynann11 is a splendid one to beholdjeralynann11 is a splendid one to beholdjeralynann11 is a splendid one to behold

I am extremely mad that this problem isn't fixed considering it's the middle of the day on a week day. I have not heard from Ganz today, but I am very unhappy with them. Like you I have 2 accounts that work fine but of course the one I use most is the one that doesn't work. I bought the Yorkie for the POTM this month but this weekend was not even able to get the extra things for it, which make me very mad. I also was not able to enter the contest for the bunny because I didn't take the pic of my room before the Friday maintanence. Needless to say, Ganz has a very not so nice message from me so I doubt I will get a call from them anyhow.
jeralynann11 is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #4

Thanks, mjsiowa.

I will post an update when (and if) I ever hear from Ganz.

Last edited by bigtoe; 03-30-2009 at 12:59 PM..
bigtoe is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #5

kidzinme is on a distinguished road

When I get the messages on mine I clear the cache for internet explorer you can Ctrl Alt F5 and the same time or click on tools, then click internet options, then clisk delete files, then ok, click on delete cookies, then click ok then close out and pull it back up. Hope this helps
kidzinme is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
bigr88smom is on a distinguished road

i feel for ya. i was in the same boat yesterday. i couldn't get into my main account but could the other two. i emailed and reported the problem yesterday and two hours later i got a email back from someone else that said they are aware of the problem and are working on it. about three hours later it was fixed. i really do believe they are working on it and everyone will be able to log on soon. the problem must be with several servers and they are fixing them one by one. good luck and i hope you are in webkinz world playing soon. we should all meet in the club house and chat about suggestions for the site. maybe they will hear us then. lol.
bigr88smom is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #7

jeralynann11 - While I'd still be upset about this whole mess, I think everyone would be less stressed/upset if we were confident that the things we missed out on: POTM extras, dailies, gardening activities, money made from the employment office, etc., etc. were made available to those who missed them.

I've read in other posts where some people have had those things restored to them by Ganz, but only after considerable wrangling. Quite frankly, I don't think we should have to even ask to be given access to the things we missed due to Ganzs' problems, it should be done automatically. It cost Ganz absolutely no money to give us a few extra turns on the Wheel of Wow or the Wishing Well!!

I should be clear on what I think about these glitches/downtimes: every company has problems or needs to update their code. Nothing in life is perfect, including adding new software to existing programs. Oftentimes problems can't be detected until the new programs are run "live." However, what sets good companies apart from bad is how they handle their problems. Quite frankly, I think Ganz's Customer Service (not the people who interact with the public, but the policies the company has in place) are some of the worst I've ever experienced. Shame on Ganz for such poor quality in that area.

To fix their Customer Service, all they need to do is:
  • communicate the expected down times
  • communicate what problems they are experiencing
  • communicate when they expect those problems to be solved
  • communicate how they are going to show they care about their customers and the problems they experienced
  • communicate that they realize "I'm sorry" is not enough and give us coupons for extra turns on the Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, etc.; make more rares available for multiple times/day for a few days, reset everyones garden as if they had been maintained during the downtime, etc., etc.
Communicate with us Ganz - tell us when we can get back on and tell us what you have already given us in our accounts to make up for the downtime (maybe some points in the EStore anyone?)

kidzinme,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I've already tried all those - multiple times - but still no luck.

I've learned so many tricks trying to get into WW!

Last edited by bigtoe; 03-30-2009 at 01:03 PM..
bigtoe is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I just spoke to the representative from Ganz, there are several servers that are having problems, she could not give me a time frame, however she did say to check to see if I could log on frequently... so hopefully this means it wont be a long time now.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
bigr88smom is on a distinguished road

i agree with you about the communication of customer service. i can't remember ever having this much lack of communication with any other company when i've had problems. i think in the long run it will bite them back someday if they don't change. i've always had my problems on webkinz world fixed rather quickly except for my pet of the month loot bag( it took about a week to get that straight). everyone has always been very nice when i did hear a real live human on the phone to. but they do need to comunicate better with their customers when something is wrong with their account. especially when you can't log into your account all weekend. i'm preying for all of you that can't get in.
bigr88smom is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #10

Thank you!! For some reason knowing that you actually spoke to someone at Ganz and received this information makes me feel so much better. Now I know to keep trying to log in today. If they would have said "this may take a day or two to fix", then I would at least have known to not bother trying to log in until tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

This is exactly why I love WI: I can vent, ask for help and get it, and learn so many things about WW.

Last edited by bigtoe; 03-30-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: added a sentence
bigtoe is offline Female
Closed