Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

Default Unanswered: Graphics help please-Need help asap!

I have a photography project for school, and I need to edit a couple photos.
I know there are many people on WI who are great at WI and probably know the answer to my question.
Where can I go to make the background of my images white?
Some of my images have stuff in the backgrounds (like buildings or people) that can't be there, and I don't know how to get them out. I know how to make a transparent background on Lunapic, but is there a way to make a WHITE background? It doesn't necessarily have to be on Lunapic (I'm a newbie at Lunapic anyways, so if there is a way already on Lunapic and I'm just missing it, sorry).
Thanks!
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
GiantPandaLover11
Webkinz :)

Pandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!

If you have GIMP,you can use the 'Blur' tool and select a white color,zoom in,and very carefully go around the image. It's very time consuming,but it's the only thing I can really think of. Good luck!
Pandah is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #3

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

Make the background transparent. Then, go into paint, which should be already installed on your computer. Copy and paste the pic into paint, and save it. There you go! (The paint background is already white, so you don't have to do anything)
wishgirl78 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by wishgirl78
Make the background transparent. Then, go into paint, which should be already installed on your computer. Copy and paste the pic into paint, and save it. There you go! (The paint background is already white, so you don't have to do anything)
I just tried going to Lunapic and the Transparency won't work.
Since the Transparency makes it transparent based on the color numbers, if you have more than one thing with the same color, it will make all of that transparent.
So if I have anything similar to the color of the main thing of the picture, it takes out the picture.
Anyone know any other ways??
Old 09-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Do you have a graphic editing software like GIMP, Photoshop etc.?
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by KinzUser2523
Do you have a graphic editing software like GIMP, Photoshop etc.?
I have GIMP (though I don't really know how to use it very well )
Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
I have GIMP (though I don't really know how to use it very well )
Ok, well it's relatively easy! Does take a bit of time, but nothing's too easy...

On GIMP....
  • Open up your image.
  • Select the free-select-tool by hitting "F".
  • Now, just draw around around the parts that you DON'T want white, you can add new parts to your selection by holding SHIFT and repeating the process. (You don't have to hold the mouse down and draw around it like that. Just go by clicks around it!)
  • Once you've got the selection of the parts you DON'T want white, on the menu go to Select>Invert, or hit Crtl+I for short. Your to-be-background will now be selected.
  • Select the Paintbrush tool, get the largest scale and set your color to White.
  • Paint over the entire picture. Only the part that's selected, will get filled in!
It will take some time, but you'll end up with the result you want!
If you want more explanation, let me know.

Last edited by KinzUser2523; 09-27-2010 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #8

wishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clownwishgirl78 is cool as a bunny clown

You can color over the spots with the similar colors using paint. Then you can try the transparency.
wishgirl78 is offline Female
Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Mayora 13

View Post Originally Posted by KinzUser2523
Ok, well it's relatively easy! Does take a bit of time, but nothing's too easy...

On GIMP....
  • Open up your image.
  • Select the free-select-tool by hitting "F".
  • Now, just draw around around the parts that you DON'T want white, you can add new parts to your selection by holding SHIFT and repeating the process. (You don't have to hold the mouse down and draw around it like that. Just go by clicks around it!)
  • Once you've got the selection of the parts you DON'T want white, on the menu go to Select>Invert, or hit Crtl+I for short. Your to-be-background will now be selected.
  • Select the Paintbrush tool, get the largest scale and set your color to White.
  • Paint over the entire picture. Only the part that's selected, will get filled in!
It will take some time, but you'll end up with the result you want!
If you want more explanation, let me know.
I forgot one little thing, that would help make the transition from background to picture.

Once you've got the selection of the background, before you "White-it". Erase it with the Eraser tool! Making it transparent! Then open a new layer, move it BELOW you're main one and, fill the ENITRE layer with white! Then go back to your main layer, you can blur the edges of your pic making the transition from picture to white smoother. Go to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and select the amount (there'll be a preview, so you know who much blur will look good)! When you're done, merge the layers by right clicking on the top one, and hitting "Merge Down".

(If you're eraser tool makes it a color instead of transparent. When you have you'r selection of the pre-background, invert it back to the picture part and go to Edit>Copy. Then open a new layer, and go to Edit>Paste. Then delete the first layer! And what you didn't copy over will be gone!)

This may seem like alot of work...but when giving a white background to a picture, it can look very chopy and fast-made. Taking your time with these things can give you a clean result!

Last edited by KinzUser2523; 09-27-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Old 09-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

Color over the things you don't need (like make the background a color that isn't found anywhere else in the pic) and then make it transparent. Then go around and erase around the pic (if needed). That should work, and it's simple.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Closed