Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Graphics help please-Need help asap! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/graphics-help-please-need-help-asap-656267/)

MeWuvKitties09-27-2010 02:46 PM

Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
I have a photography project for school, and I need to edit a couple photos.
I know there are many people on WI who are great at WI and probably know the answer to my question.
Where can I go to make the background of my images white?
Some of my images have stuff in the backgrounds (like buildings or people) that can't be there, and I don't know how to get them out. I know how to make a transparent background on Lunapic, but is there a way to make a WHITE background? It doesn't necessarily have to be on Lunapic (I'm a newbie at Lunapic anyways, so if there is a way already on Lunapic and I'm just missing it, sorry).
Thanks!

Pandah09-27-2010 02:50 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
If you have GIMP,you can use the 'Blur' tool and select a white color,zoom in,and very carefully go around the image. It's very time consuming,but it's the only thing I can really think of. Good luck!

wishgirl7809-27-2010 02:57 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Make the background transparent. Then, go into paint, which should be already installed on your computer. Copy and paste the pic into paint, and save it. There you go! (The paint background is already white, so you don't have to do anything)

MeWuvKitties09-27-2010 04:16 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wishgirl78 (Post 20954170)
Make the background transparent. Then, go into paint, which should be already installed on your computer. Copy and paste the pic into paint, and save it. There you go! (The paint background is already white, so you don't have to do anything)

I just tried going to Lunapic and the Transparency won't work.
Since the Transparency makes it transparent based on the color numbers, if you have more than one thing with the same color, it will make all of that transparent.
So if I have anything similar to the color of the main thing of the picture, it takes out the picture.
Anyone know any other ways??

KinzUser252309-27-2010 04:26 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Do you have a graphic editing software like GIMP, Photoshop etc.?

MeWuvKitties09-27-2010 04:30 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KinzUser2523 (Post 20955076)
Do you have a graphic editing software like GIMP, Photoshop etc.?

I have GIMP (though I don't really know how to use it very well :P)

KinzUser252309-27-2010 04:40 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties (Post 20955108)
I have GIMP (though I don't really know how to use it very well :P)

Ok, well it's relatively easy! Does take a bit of time, but nothing's too easy...

On GIMP....
  • Open up your image.
  • Select the free-select-tool by hitting "F".
  • Now, just draw around around the parts that you DON'T want white, you can add new parts to your selection by holding SHIFT and repeating the process. (You don't have to hold the mouse down and draw around it like that. Just go by clicks around it!)
  • Once you've got the selection of the parts you DON'T want white, on the menu go to Select>Invert, or hit Crtl+I for short. Your to-be-background will now be selected.
  • Select the Paintbrush tool, get the largest scale and set your color to White.
  • Paint over the entire picture. Only the part that's selected, will get filled in!
It will take some time, but you'll end up with the result you want!
If you want more explanation, let me know. :)

wishgirl7809-27-2010 04:46 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
You can color over the spots with the similar colors using paint. Then you can try the transparency.

KinzUser252309-27-2010 05:03 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KinzUser2523 (Post 20955213)
Ok, well it's relatively easy! Does take a bit of time, but nothing's too easy...

On GIMP....
  • Open up your image.
  • Select the free-select-tool by hitting "F".
  • Now, just draw around around the parts that you DON'T want white, you can add new parts to your selection by holding SHIFT and repeating the process. (You don't have to hold the mouse down and draw around it like that. Just go by clicks around it!)
  • Once you've got the selection of the parts you DON'T want white, on the menu go to Select>Invert, or hit Crtl+I for short. Your to-be-background will now be selected.
  • Select the Paintbrush tool, get the largest scale and set your color to White.
  • Paint over the entire picture. Only the part that's selected, will get filled in!
It will take some time, but you'll end up with the result you want!
If you want more explanation, let me know. :)

I forgot one little thing, that would help make the transition from background to picture.

Once you've got the selection of the background, before you "White-it". Erase it with the Eraser tool! Making it transparent! Then open a new layer, move it BELOW you're main one and, fill the ENITRE layer with white! Then go back to your main layer, you can blur the edges of your pic making the transition from picture to white smoother. Go to Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and select the amount (there'll be a preview, so you know who much blur will look good)! When you're done, merge the layers by right clicking on the top one, and hitting "Merge Down".

(If you're eraser tool makes it a color instead of transparent. When you have you'r selection of the pre-background, invert it back to the picture part and go to Edit>Copy. Then open a new layer, and go to Edit>Paste. Then delete the first layer! And what you didn't copy over will be gone!)

This may seem like alot of work...but when giving a white background to a picture, it can look very chopy and fast-made. Taking your time with these things can give you a clean result!

wyatt06109-27-2010 06:01 PM

Re: Graphics help please-Need help asap!
 
Color over the things you don't need (like make the background a color that isn't found anywhere else in the pic) and then make it transparent. Then go around and erase around the pic (if needed). That should work, and it's simple.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC