Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Merriam is a jewel in the roughMerriam is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs down Unanswered: GOING BANANAS

Subject says it all. Going bananas. Too upset to write in complete sentences. Room name-change system completely wacko. Room was "Tigra's Room." Changed the name. Decided I liked "Tigra's Room better." Changed back to "Tigra's Room," which was suddenly not allowed. Humiliated when friends come over. Help!

Mods - any advice? Anyone else - any advice?

- Mer

P.S. GOING BANANAS!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
CaMmiE <3

Default Re: GOING BANANAS

<3 They have made their dictionary super strict for safety. I know, they are being overprotective, lol. Yeah, we just have to deal with it, there's really no advice... :\
Old 04-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Bluegirl

Yeah GANZ has a strict naming policy.
Why don't you just put the type of pet Tigra is and room after it,

Example= Frog's Room

Hope I helped
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #4

Guitargirl248 is on a distinguished road

I'm no moderater, but but that happens to me too!! I think that is all part of Webkinz "better safety" Issues." Also, I think that thats the reason that they changed to only to color zones in the tournament arena. But I am not really sure about that!! LOL!!
Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Rachelx91294
Gifted

RachelxXx is just really niceRachelxXx is just really nice

you payed for it you should be able to name whatever u want!!!!! i am now naming, window room, puppy room for pets rooms!
RachelxXx is offline Female
Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #6

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I know it's probably just their filter, but still, it's really embarrassing. I might write to Ganz about this.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
Grandma001
Gift Guru

Grandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy Button
Grandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy ButtonGrandma001 gets to push the Easy Button

Although I don't like the restrictions and I believe they could make it much better than it is now, I do understand that it is necessary to have restrictions. Most people on this board are old enough that it shouldn't be a problem but there are many young children out there playing in WW. My granddaughters go into the clubhouse regularly. They add people to their friends list, invite the friends over and get invited to the strangers WW home. When you go to someone elses house, you can click on map and see what room names they have used. If people could name the rooms anything they wanted, they could have a message or even an address written out in the room names.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Merriam
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I know it's probably just their filter, but still, it's really embarrassing. I might write to Ganz about this.
I understand the frustration, but I don't understand the embarrassment. Unless you named it something offensive, I don't know why you would be embarrassed about it? Everybody has the same room naming problems, especially when you've gone over 10 pets and don't get a room automatically anymore. I don't think anybody is going to look down on you because you're room isn't named after your pet. When the system doesn't allow me to name a room something, I try to be creative and find an even better name. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll find a name you can live with. Maybe name it after the way the room is decorated or the type of pet.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 04-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #9

Thumbs down Re: GOING BANANAS

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
I understand the frustration, but I don't understand the embarrassment.
Shell4 - It's embarrassing because when my friends come over, they click "Map" and see all the random room names. Not all of my friends have the same problems as I do.

---------- Merriam added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

And it seems like almost NO words are allowed. The word "creativity" isn't allowed. I've tried a lot of possibilities. It's just plain tough to work with, but thanks for your input.

Last edited by Merriam; 04-25-2008 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Merriam
Shell4 - It's embarrassing because when my friends come over, they click "Map" and see all the random room names. Not all of my friends have the same problems as I do.

---------- Merriam added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

And it seems like almost NO words are allowed. The word "creativity" isn't allowed. I've tried a lot of possibilities. It's just plain tough to work with, but thanks for your input.
Well don't worry. When they get over 10 pets on their account they will have the exact same problem as you. The only way to get a room named after your pet is when you first adopt it. If you're really worried about it, post pictures of your house in the house section of the forum and ask people to give you some suggestions of room names based on the pictures. More than likely your friends will be jealous that your rooms have such creative names.
shell4 is offline Female
Closed