Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
I wish I was a
Webkinz :)

doglover16 is a jewel in the roughdoglover16 is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation Answered: go to page, won't work...

you know the go to page drop down menu? well, it doesn't work. every time I try it, I do it in the range it shows, like "1 of 14". and when I click it, I put in for example: "9". and then it takes me to a page that isn't even a page in the forum, but on the home, it says for example:

"(http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-t12955=page=9)
You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login."

and I don't know why? it just does it, but I made up my own way to surf the pages, the web code for example goes like:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-t12955p9.html
and ^that^ works. then when you change the p9, to p10, it goes from page nine to page ten.

just pointing it out, and I wish the other one worked like this.

~doglover16

Last edited by doglover16; 01-22-2009 at 08:13 AM..
doglover16 is offline Male
Best Answer - Posted by doglover16
View Post Originally Posted by calabelle
Hmm. the only thing I can think of is when you sign in, check that box that says "remember password" and it will "remember" you when you visit the pages. Try it.. I never sign in without that box checked and am able to view all the pages. HTH!
View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
It looks like it's not "seeing" your cookie that indicates that you're already logged into the site. I tried clicking the first link you provided and got the same thing you did, so I don't think it's just your problem. I don't know where the drop-down menu is because I don't use it, but your second link method works fine.

Also, I tested your first link method on a thread that actually has 9 pages (my GE thread) and it doesn't work there either because, for example, for this link:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=438485

you have to delete the "t=438485" part and replace it with the "page=9" or else it will always display the first page (that of thread #438485), so your end result should look like this:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...85.html?page=9 and not
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...=438485=page=9
View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
YOu may also have the opposite problem of what Calabelle pointed out. I find when I have remained logged in too long, it hangs up. It is time to clear your history and start from a fresh log in. I get aggravated when that drop down just flashes on the screen and I can't select from it. I just clear history, re-log in and I am good to go
Also, if you are having a problem advancing to a page, just click the F5 button and it will start the loading process over. That works, too Here is a Clear history guide that WW uses
everybody, thanks 4 the info, but I just use the type I made up, I have remember me on, WI logs you out after a period of time, even when remember me is on, but when you get back on, it logs you on again.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

Default Re: go to page, won't work...

Hmm. the only thing I can think of is when you sign in, check that box that says "remember password" and it will "remember" you when you visit the pages. Try it.. I never sign in without that box checked and am able to view all the pages. HTH!
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

It looks like it's not "seeing" your cookie that indicates that you're already logged into the site. I tried clicking the first link you provided and got the same thing you did, so I don't think it's just your problem. I don't know where the drop-down menu is because I don't use it, but your second link method works fine.

Also, I tested your first link method on a thread that actually has 9 pages (my GE thread) and it doesn't work there either because, for example, for this link:

you have to delete the "t=438485" part and replace it with the "page=9" or else it will always display the first page (that of thread #438485), so your end result should look like this:

Rainribbon is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

YOu may also have the opposite problem of what Calabelle pointed out. I find when I have remained logged in too long, it hangs up. It is time to clear your history and start from a fresh log in. I get aggravated when that drop down just flashes on the screen and I can't select from it. I just clear history, re-log in and I am good to go
Also, if you are having a problem advancing to a page, just click the F5 button and it will start the loading process over. That works, too Here is a Clear history guide that WW uses
Originally Posted by WW guides
If you have been told to clear your cache files and do not know how to do it, please look below to find your browser and then follow the instructions about how to clear your cache files. Please note: Dial-up users SHOULD NOT attempt to clear their cache as it may create complications when trying to log back into Webkinz World.
AOL:
  • From the 'My AOL' menu, on the AOL toolbar, Click 'Preferences', then Click 'WWW'
  • Look for the 'Temporary Internet Files'
  • Click 'Delete Files', and then click 'OK'
Internet Explorer 6:
  • At the top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, Tools etc.), click Tools, then 'Internet Options'
  • This brings up a dialog with 6 tabs across the top (General, Security, Content...)
  • Click 'General; then look for 'Temporary Internet Files'
  • Click Delete Cookies. Then click 'OK'.
  • Click 'Delete Files', then (if it appears, check off 'Delete all offline content', then click 'OK'
  • Click 'OK' again and this should clear all cached pages
Internet Explorer 7:
  • From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
  • Choose the General tab
  • Under Browsing history, click Delete
  • Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files
  • Click Close, and then click OK to exit.
Netscape:
  • Up top in the pull-down menus (File, Edit, etc.), click Edit, then 'Preferences'
  • Find 'Advanced'. Click the sign in front of the word, 'advanced'
  • You'll see 'Cache, Proxies, etc...'
  • Click 'Cache'
  • On the right you'll see buttons labeled 'Clear Memory Cache,' and 'Clear Disk Cache'
  • First, click 'Clear Memory Cache'. When the “?” dialog appears click 'OK'
  • Click 'Clear Disk Cache', when the “?” dialog appears, click 'OK'.
  • Click 'OK' again to close the Cache Dialog box.
  • This will clear all old info from your browser and the error should be finished.
Firefox:
  • Click Tools and select Options
  • Click the Privacy icon
  • Click Clear Now in the Private Data area
  • Click OK
  • Exit and re-launch the browser.
Clearing Cache on Safari 1.0 / Safari 2.0 for Macintosh OS X:
  • From the Safari menu click on ‘empty cache’
  • When asked if you want to empty the cache? Click on empty
  • Once that's done, from the safari menu click on "preferences"
  • From the Security dialog box, select "bookmarks"
  • Click on "Show Cookies"
  • A list will show up with all the cookies left on the computer.
  • Select "Remove all"
  • Once they are removed, Click "Done"
  • Close down Safari to get back to your desktop
  • Re-launch Safari and log back into Webkinz.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
I wish I was a
Webkinz :)

doglover16 is a jewel in the roughdoglover16 is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation Re: go to page, won't work...

View Post Originally Posted by calabelle
View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
everybody, thanks 4 the info, but I just use the type I made up, I have remember me on, WI logs you out after a period of time, even when remember me is on, but when you get back on, it logs you on again.
doglover16 is offline Male
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

i am also experiencing this problem. i have cleared my cache (firefox), logged out of wi and then back in. it still won't turn the page. i can go to page 20 but not 21. it is weird. i have never had this happen before.
jagular is offline Female
Closed