Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

GrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with graceGrammaK99 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Glitch or Hack? Is this possible

I am so so sorry this has happened to you......personally I do find it hard to belive the account is being hacked but much more likely that your daughter gave her password to someone she thought she could trust......and then they did trades with themselves to clear out her items without leaving a trail through Kinz Post.......I have heard recently that if you use WIFI that is not registered that any and all accounts you have on the internet can be hacked....this includes banking and credit information stored.....

I have multiple accounts.....I started out doing WW for my grand daughter....once I started getting interested in having my own accounts and started getting more and more valuable items I changed my password and no one knows it except me.....I also don't have it written down anywhere...........

My grand daughter started trading recently and was easily taken advantage of.....I started doing Webkinz "classes" with her so she would know what values were and still she was talked into some really bad trades.....I have removed all the really valuable items from her account.....

Have you also asked Ganz about the limits in your dock???......I was told by them that If you exceeded a certain number that they would go in a remove items at random.....because of that I keep many items in storage which is costly and time consuming.....I keep a log of what items are in what storage rooms so I can get them quickly If I need them for a trade.....

Lastly.....it would be nice If trading here was available easily.....but it is not......although I would prefer to have a shop and trade without the worry of being ripped off I have been turned down time and again......so I just gave up.....I still enjoy WI and commend them for the valuable service they provide to the Webkinz lovers of the world.....

I hope this helps...........

GK~
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #12

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

If it's consistently good stuff that's going missing, I'd say it sounds like someone hacking, or as someone else suggested, perhaps someone knows the password for the account. Change the password and ask Ganz to change your username after explaining what is happening. You probably won't get anything back, but you can stop the losses. Sorry to hear this is happening.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
My peanut.
Banned
Shadowy will become famous soon enough

Glitch. This happened to me once. it just happened to my sister. The items come back in time.
Shadowy is offline Male
Old 12-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #14
Louis Vuitton

Littlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no bounds
Littlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no boundsLittlekozmo knows no bounds

I have no way to help! Follow this thread to find out ways to prevent hacking if it is hacking: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...acking-720287/
Littlekozmo is offline Female
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

You said you changed the password, did that fix the problem? If so her account was probably hacked and yes it could be from someone that knows her if she slipped at one time and said her password, she may not even remember doing it. Or if she had an easy to figure out password like a favorite pet or something that a friend could figure out. Hate to say it but I think most hacking is done by people kids think they can trust like school friends etc.

If changing the password didn't fix the problem then something else is going on. I would send/trade all her expensive items to your main account until hers fixes. I would also put another call into Ganz to let them know you changed the password and the problem is still persisting.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #16
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by GrammaK99

Have you also asked Ganz about the limits in your dock???......I was told by them that If you exceeded a certain number that they would go in a remove items at random.....because of that I keep many items in storage which is costly and time consuming.....I keep a log of what items are in what storage rooms so I can get them quickly If I need them for a trade.....

I am sorry that you have things gone missing from your account.

I just want to comment on the above statement. The only way that Ganz would remove items from your dock/account is if you call them because your account (or dock) won't load. I was told this by customer service last month when I called about one of the challenges. They will only remove the items that you tell them to and they will not compensate you for them. They do recommend that you only have 100 items or less in your dock, but I have had over 10,000 items in my dock and nothing has ever gone missing and I am still able to load my dock using Internet Explorer (sometimes a room appears empty when I know that it was not empty, but logging off and back on makes the items reappear). (Note that different customer service reps give out different information)

I wish you luck with your situation.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #17

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

That is really too bad . If this is a hacking problem, I have smpathy for Humanity. If you've tried reloading your browser or using a different one or logging in and out and your items haven't came back, then it's probaly a hack. I hope GANZ can help in some way .
Koodo is offline Female
Old 12-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

I am so sorry this happened to you! I don't know what happened there, but let's hope that it's a glitch and can be fixed.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
our wacky bunny ღ

Labs has a reputation beyond reputeLabs has a reputation beyond reputeLabs has a reputation beyond reputeLabs has a reputation beyond reputeLabs has a reputation beyond reputeLabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry Hope it gets fixed//
Closed

Tags
8 billion stars, hack, kinz post, missing, scam, soa, trading