Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Ballerinas are
Gifted

CatPrincess95 is a glorious beacon of lightCatPrincess95 is a glorious beacon of lightCatPrincess95 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: Giving Webbies a bath?

I want to give my Webbies a bath. Will it hurt the ones with fluff, such as the collie or poodle or lion?
What are some tips on giving them a bath?
What soap do I use?

ANY tips would be helpful. Thanks!
CatPrincess95 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Giving Webbies a bath?

I real bath? LOL

I would use very little of gentle soap. Like baby soap, or some gentle shampoo.

I gently put my webbies in the water, enough to cover them. warm water. and soaped them.

Then the VERY important part. RINSE rinse and rinse again. Fill the sink up each time with fresh water until there is no more soap. The soap will make their fur sticky.

After get a towel and roll them up in it and push down gently to soak up the water.

you will need to do this over and over until almost all of the water is out.

Then I blow dry. and take my fingers and fluff them. NEVER put them in the dryer. It will matte their fur and you could lose and eye or something worse!!!

it takes a long time to give them a bath but they are so clean after!!

if you have a white webbie you can also add a touch of Oxyclean. it makes them sparkle!

Good luck!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
★☆ Wild Thing
Gifted

Astrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledge

You mean a bath in real life? I don't think it would hurt any of them, they would probably just take a while drying. I would let them air dry, not try to dry them in the drier since that could have some adverse effects.

I would use just plain old liquid body soap, not scented...unless you wanted them to smell like a flower or something
Astrolified is offline Female
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

I have thrown cow, collie, poodle, unicorn, pegasua etc no exceptions all in the washing machine with no problems. DO NOT PUT IN DRYER. Just sit them on top of the dryer and they will be dried very quickly. If you put them in the dryer, the collie's hair will never be the same
Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

The only thing I'd add to COWS' comment is that the gentle or delicate cycle is a good idea, just in case - sometimes i have heard of fur coming out if the wash is a bit too rough. You can't be too careful
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

I have lost a webbies eye due to being tumbled in the washing machine and dryer.

so proceed with caution. if they do not have any parts that are glued on maybe give it a go?

I heard of putting them into pillowcases to protect them in washing machines.

I just like hand washing them. I love them too much!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I too have given them all (every type of fur and fabric) a bath in the washer and dried them in the dryer. The thing with stuffed animals is that they need to dry inside and out otherwise you may get mold and mildew, YUCK!

They all came out beautiful and clean. Your most gentle cycle does the trick.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
Webkinz :)

ttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
I have thrown cow, collie, poodle, unicorn, pegasua etc no exceptions all in the washing machine with no problems. DO NOT PUT IN DRYER. Just sit them on top of the dryer and they will be dried very quickly. If you put them in the dryer, the collie's hair will never be the same
View Post Originally Posted by Azriel
I too have given them all (every type of fur and fabric) a bath in the washer and dried them in the dryer. The thing with stuffed animals is that they need to dry inside and out otherwise you may get mold and mildew, YUCK!

They all came out beautiful and clean. Your most gentle cycle does the trick.

Yup, we do too! We do dry ours in the dryer as well. We have washed and dryed (on delicate and sometimes regular) just about all different types of fur as well (even the signature) without a problem. The only exception I know of, besides the collie fur (as cows stated), is the budgie- it's cute little fluffy individual "feathers" did not look quite the same (although it wasn't that bad- I would still do it again- can't stand the idea of my little guys playing/sleeping with dirty webkinz, lol). I think you will be really surprised, they wash and dry beautifully for the most part!
ttfntigger is offline Female
Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

I can't help you on this one! I have never given my webkinz my bath to be honest. [even though they probably need one...] wish you luck!
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

Good ideas everyone! If you air dry it or blow dry it -or whatever- be sure to squeeze all the water out of your Webkinz so that it won't get Mildew. To make it smell good you could wash it with some Suave shampoo.
Hope I helped!
Lefty21 is offline Female
Closed