Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Giving my webkinz plush family a bath (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/giving-my-webkinz-plush-family-bath-477535/)

webkinzfan199603-05-2009 04:11 PM

Giving my webkinz plush family a bath

Okay can somebody tell me if i can give my webkinz a bath? I gave my panda one and he is fine,but i would like to know wich ones can and cant get wet. I will tell you wich ones i have. Like i said i have the panda,duck:easter:,cocoa dinasour:cdino:,american cocker spaniel:acs:,himalayan:hima:,pink and white dog,kangaroo:kanga:,love frog,pink googles,tye dog frog,persian cat,cotton candy bunny:ccbunny:,love monkey,brown arabian:abn:,cheeky monkey:cm:,black and white cheeky dog:bwcd:,black stallion:blfr:,parakeet,raindeer,and caramel lion:clion:.

kittykat2233703-05-2009 04:57 PM

Re: Giving my webkinz plush family a bath

they will all be fine. like, in the sink. but if you put a himalayan in the washer and dryer it'll get messed up. :)

webkinzfan199603-05-2009 05:46 PM

Thank you so much!

swisscheese10103-05-2009 07:13 PM

You can pretty much bathe any of your pets.. have fun!

nonna7203-05-2009 10:50 PM

I had to put several webkinz plushies in the washer since we got them because my kids got the stomach flu. They came out fine. I didn't dry them in the dryer, but let them air dry.
I had to wash a Yorkie and she looked really funny. I let her air dry and brushed her hair. Then she looked normal again.

koalacookie03-06-2009 12:52 AM

washer and dryer? are those new?

nonna7203-06-2009 09:53 AM

Yes, they were new. I put them in the washer, but not the dryer. I had no choice since the Webkinz were sleeping with the children when they got sick.
I was glad the turned out okay.

IttyGirl203-06-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittykat22337 (Post 13312185)
they will all be fine. like, in the sink. but if you put a himalayan in the washer and dryer it'll get messed up. :)

I can't even IMAGINE putting our himalayan in the washing machine! What a mess that would be. Our real himalayan is going to the groomer the end of the month. I wonder....

I would put the pets in a pillow case or lingerie bag before throwing them in the washer. Keep the white ones separate so they don't end up with a grey tinge. If you have never used the dye-catching sheets for the washer, you might try them. PM me if you need the brand name.

Mom of IttyGirl2

HushPuppy03-06-2009 01:34 PM

Don't put long hair pets in the dryer!! Or any that have the nice plush fur!! The dryer will melt and warp the fabric!! You don't want to have your horses loose their manes etc.

bflyangel03-06-2009 02:32 PM

I put my kids stuffies in the washer on gentle/cold wash and in the dryer on low heat. These are the regular plushies. Not the long hair or curly ones. I will wash them in the machine just not dry ;)