Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Garfield loves
Webkinz :)

sillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clown

Default Answered: Gifted

Why do we have to be gifted to trade on WI? It's not all that fair if you think about it. There should be like, you have to be on WI for a month and you can trade
sillybung is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Dixiecup
You know, back when I first joined we DID get trading status almost right away if Admin felt we were Forum Mature and capable of handling it. I was gifted within the first two months of membership.
The trading Arena is HIGHLY competitive at best, but without the training I found it to be confusing and scary.
In February '08, I asked Uppies to de-gift me and allow me to go through the training process so that I could fully appreciate the Gift Exchange and the system they use.
I am absolutely HAPPY that I went through to learn how the feedback system works, how the WIGEV works and it is not as simple as just going into a trading room and asking this to trade for that...not by any means.
Once you go through training, sillybung, you will understand this WAY better.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
oah! I'mma
aerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledgeaerobunni flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Gifted

I agree, but it's more of a safety issue. Like to be gifted you must be trained by a coach, be trusted, and have met the other requirements. If it's just a month without a gift coach we'd have a lot of unfair trades going around and this helps to keep scamming down.
aerobunni is offline Female
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

aerobunni is right.
The GE system is fair because everyone can join.

Last edited by tarsky781; 10-27-2009 at 03:49 PM..
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 10-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

If anyone was allowed to trade, it would be unsafe. Going through training isn't just for "teaching" you how to trade through the Gift Exchange-- it's also for seeing if you are a trustworthy member, and will complete the trade fairly and correctly.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Aerobunni and Lake have explained it. Just keep making helpful posts and you might just be accepted into the GE yourself!
Galfam is offline Male
Old 10-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
If anyone was allowed to trade, it would be unsafe. Going through training isn't just for "teaching" you how to trade through the Gift Exchange-- it's also for seeing if you are a trustworthy member, and will complete the trade fairly and correctly.
not everyone can trade becasue it is unsafe because we don't know if someone can be trusted to be a fair trader. even with the testing to be gifted, some people still try to scam. so that's just the way it is that some people can't be trusted. if you want to be able to trade, click here. it is closed due to the kinzpost being down, but it will re-open soon
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
So happy to be
Gifted

bookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundbookworm42 radiates beauty and kindness all around

The Gifted system is a privilege and a reward for being a helpful, respectful member of WI. The idea is that you have to go through training and be patient and learn the rules before you can trade. This makes for a very safe trading system and a goal for not-yet-Gifted members to strive for.
bookworm42 is offline Female
Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

You know, back when I first joined we DID get trading status almost right away if Admin felt we were Forum Mature and capable of handling it. I was gifted within the first two months of membership.
The trading Arena is HIGHLY competitive at best, but without the training I found it to be confusing and scary.
In February '08, I asked Uppies to de-gift me and allow me to go through the training process so that I could fully appreciate the Gift Exchange and the system they use.
I am absolutely HAPPY that I went through to learn how the feedback system works, how the WIGEV works and it is not as simple as just going into a trading room and asking this to trade for that...not by any means.
Once you go through training, sillybung, you will understand this WAY better.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
Garfield loves

sillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clown

ok thank you dixiecup Let's hope I get apcetpeted
sillybung is offline Female
Closed