Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Gifted (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/gifted-568988/)

sillybung10-27-2009 03:38 PM

Gifted

Why do we have to be gifted to trade on WI? It's not all that fair if you think about it. There should be like, you have to be on WI for a month and you can trade

aerobunni10-27-2009 03:41 PM

Re: Gifted

I agree, but it's more of a safety issue. Like to be gifted you must be trained by a coach, be trusted, and have met the other requirements. If it's just a month without a gift coach we'd have a lot of unfair trades going around and this helps to keep scamming down. :)

tarsky78110-27-2009 03:46 PM

aerobunni is right.
The GE system is fair because everyone can join. ;)

Lake10-27-2009 03:57 PM

If anyone was allowed to trade, it would be unsafe. Going through training isn't just for "teaching" you how to trade through the Gift Exchange-- it's also for seeing if you are a trustworthy member, and will complete the trade fairly and correctly.

Galfam10-27-2009 03:59 PM

Aerobunni and Lake have explained it. Just keep making helpful posts and you might just be accepted into the GE yourself!

pup511510-27-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake (Post 16948027)
If anyone was allowed to trade, it would be unsafe. Going through training isn't just for "teaching" you how to trade through the Gift Exchange-- it's also for seeing if you are a trustworthy member, and will complete the trade fairly and correctly.

not everyone can trade becasue it is unsafe because we don't know if someone can be trusted to be a fair trader. even with the testing to be gifted, some people still try to scam. so that's just the way it is that some people can't be trusted. if you want to be able to trade, click here. it is closed due to the kinzpost being down, but it will re-open soon:)

bookworm4210-27-2009 04:07 PM

The Gifted system is a privilege and a reward for being a helpful, respectful member of WI. The idea is that you have to go through training and be patient and learn the rules before you can trade. This makes for a very safe trading system and a goal for not-yet-Gifted members to strive for.

Dixiecup10-27-2009 04:09 PM

You know, back when I first joined we DID get trading status almost right away if Admin felt we were Forum Mature and capable of handling it. I was gifted within the first two months of membership.
The trading Arena is HIGHLY competitive at best, but without the training I found it to be confusing and scary.
In February '08, I asked Uppies to de-gift me and allow me to go through the training process so that I could fully appreciate the Gift Exchange and the system they use.
I am absolutely HAPPY that I went through to learn how the feedback system works, how the WIGEV works and it is not as simple as just going into a trading room and asking this to trade for that...not by any means.
Once you go through training, sillybung, you will understand this WAY better.

sillybung10-27-2009 04:12 PM

ok thank you dixiecup:) Let's hope I get apcetpeted