Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #21
Gift Guru
katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 
Default Re: Gifted....With 5 Posts?

From what I have read here on WI, the thought is that they want everyone who participates now to be SUCCESSFUL in trading. Since WI has so many members and the GE has grown so big, they noticed some people had difficulty in keeping up with the pace and protocols for trading. So they instituted the Training Gift Section and Gift Coaches and a "minor league" activity to prepare everyone for the big GE. Now, people of long-standing membership were not kicked out of the GE. And if you had seniority in membership, and joined when things were new and small, you wouldn't want to have to step backwards. And they added the requirements for posting and length of membership, to prepare people for being successful, first in the TGE and then the big GE.

Some have questioned why the posts. I saw some traders who got into the TGE who had trouble keeping up with trades and understanding everything they were supposed to be doing. Some of those had their TGEs closed and reverted back to Webkinz. So, even with the requirement to have some kind of writing skill, some are allowed to try who don't have the skill required.

If you see a gifted person with few posts or few trades, why not think of them as a WI veteran of many moons, who has seen it grow and prosper? Some of these people don't maintain GE's either, just trade occaisionally on someone else's, which is absolutely allowed. There is no limit on traders in the big GE, so there is room for all of us here. And, like most organizations or clubs, we are all the better and stronger for our various counterparts. (Those with bad attitudes or unethical trading skills loose their privleges--everyone left here is an asset!)

I suspect maybe some of you who see some with few posts being gifted are anxious to join the trading ranks. Please remember lifetimes are long, and the time you may spend waiting to get into trading is relatively short. There is a lot you can learn & do here while you are waiting to start trading. Make the most of what you can do, and before you know it, the whole WI world will be yours!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #22
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru
EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Default Re: Gifted....With 5 Posts?

I was here in 2007...and yes my son and I were gifted but we also took major risks as newly gifted. There was no training...you read rules and tried to understand everything. There was no WIGEV and it was really a free for all. Some people would really take advantage and GET newcomers best items. Like red lavas for wshop, rares, and some exclusives!! And, the only protection anyone had was that the gifted person with less FB had to send first. This was to avoid scammers from coming in and ripping off the more experienced traders. I can remember reading so many things that would make you cringe. What was not fair was someone offering a curio orange table for a cow psi!!! Or, give 1 desert window for over 20 retired wshop clothes!! Or, giving a medieval bed for a retired B/Y Grand-father clock. Now, if letting someone become automatically gifted isn't fair...then what are all those experiences? That's what it was like trading here before all the rules came into play. There's a reason why there's gift trainees, gifted and gift gurus. The system in place works to protect everyone.

I could not imagine what the GE would be like if someone with little knowledge or understanding would come visit me on my GE or what my experience would be like if I went to theirs. It's perfectly unreasonable to believe that just because someone has 5, 1000, or 5000 posts would qualify them to trade among the rest. There is etiquette, values, and an understanding of trading that goes far above anything like in the WW trading rooms. The training system is really awesome.

WI has taken measures to protect everyone involved. Both the new comers and the old timers. It's a fair system. And, I'm very appreciative of all the work that the mods, admins, gift coaches do here.
EXOTERIC is offline Female