Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Gifted....With 5 Posts?

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
I respectfully disagree I don't think you can call something unfair that took place two years ago when this forum was much different with place - nowhere near the amount of members that there are today.

Rules change for a reason. One of the reason is to meet the increasing number of people that join here everyday. It's all to protect the environment and keep everyone safe. Be thankful they keep the policies up to date and keep the safety of all members in mind when changes are made.
I see what you mean; by unfair I mean that they have 5 posts while others have over 1,000, and yet they have more "privileges". Now, it's sort of unfair, but back then, it wasn't.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

the requirments to become gifted/gift guru have changed since the "old days"

if you want to see...look on some older threads(i mean, REALLY old...i have used google to find them)...and you will be shocked to see gift gurus with only 30 gifts and 200 post!

---------- bob nws III added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I see what you mean; by unfair I mean that they have 5 posts while others have over 1,000, and yet they have more "privileges". Now, it's sort of unfair, but back then, it wasn't.
i can see the argument being made here...it is like some people got these titles early and easiley...while newer members have to works long and hard...but i agree with kayembee...back then, it was not unfair

Last edited by bob nws III; 03-03-2009 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #13
mdnash
Gift Guru

Icicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to all

Well, I joined in 07 and was gifted then, so no gift training for me, BUT you did have to have 50 non fluff posts and had to be here for a month or more.

That person might have just 5 posts because they made posts back then, but the threads they posted in got deleted, etc.
Icicle is offline Male
Old 03-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #14
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

It would be unfair if it was a member that just joined and was gifted with 5 posts, but as bob nws III said, back in the 'old days' there were so few people, the same safety measures weren't as neccessary. The original members have kept their 'status' due to longevity. They may not have the post count that many people do now, but they have been around long enough to know the rules inside and out. You don't have to be a 'poster' to be a good member. Lots of people come here to browse and read up on all the good info. They don't always post. I would suggest that you look at the length of time they have been a member rather than how many posts they have
kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
hpfreaksyd
Webkinz :)

Fabiola is just really niceFabiola is just really nice

My sister joined in 07 and the reqs were about the same as they are today...
But then again they could be side accounts of the mods or something? I'm not sure. :/
Fabiola is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
It would be unfair if it was a member that just joined and was gifted with 5 posts, but as bob nws III said, back in the 'old days' there were so few people, the same safety measures weren't as neccessary. The original members have kept their 'status' due to longevity. They may not have the post count that many people do now, but they have been around long enough to know the rules inside and out. You don't have to be a 'poster' to be a good member. Lots of people come here to browse and read up on all the good info. They don't always post. I would suggest that you look at the length of time they have been a member rather than how many posts they have
That's what I mean.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Fabiola
My sister joined in 07 and the reqs were about the same as they are today...
But then again they could be side accounts of the mods or something? I'm not sure. :/
I joined in Jul 2007 and the rules for being Gifted were much different for me then than they are now. (Each member is only allowed one account - no exceptions)

That's what I mean.
Gotcha, I understand now and agree!

Last edited by kayembee; 03-03-2009 at 11:22 PM..
kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #18
Oh my Squash!
Gift Guru

stormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to beholdstormtuckergirl is a splendid one to behold

I think I know what your saying . . It must have been trades, what I observed is that your trade number below your username kind of resets when you move up I believe. So, I think it was Giftz not posts that you saw. hope this helps
stormtuckergirl is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #19
e Always Knew I'd be
Gift Guru

ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!

People may say it is unfair, but without the "Gift Trainee" Reqs, there would be too many trainees! And without changing it to having a training, there would be members that hadn't a clue how to trade. Without the part of my training I have already gone through, I can honestly say without it I would always make mistakes and never know how to do anything. I think it is good and not really unfair at all. People can have certain privilages because they are a loyal member and it not be "unfair"
ilovewebkinz100 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #20
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yes, people didn't need to go through the same requirements as they do now. I didn't go through the Training program, and I was there when the GG requirements changed, although I still went through the 50 trades for my GG status.

I don't think it's unfair. When the site didn't have as many people, there was not that much room for error, if there was it was fixed quickly. But if the site grows and more and more people come in and some don't know what they are doing, well there needs to be a different system. It was just different, not unfair.

---------- Geminicat21 added 7 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

Also, I remember when I first became Gifted with my first exchange. A lot of people bombared me with requests. I could have easily said yes to an unfair trade. So the training is most likely protecting a lot of people too, and the people that skipped the program are most likely either fine or not here anymore.

Oh! And the WW trading room most likely came into play too...

Older WI was a lot different than just the GE requirements and how many people.

Last edited by Geminicat21; 03-03-2009 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Closed