Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

bsburn99 will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Gift Trainee, Gifted and Gift Guru

Hi Insiders,

I am pretty new here and keep hearing these terms tossed around. Could someone please explain to this newbie what this is all about????

Thanks

Mom to Moothilda
bsburn99 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Insanely busy
Gift Guru

animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

Default Re: Gift Trainee, Gifted and Gift Guru

First of all, welcome
A gift trainee is someone who has just entered the gift exchange program and is learning how to trade here on WI (Webkinz Insider)
A gifted person is someone who has been through the training and has enough experience, has proven themselves, and they are allowed to trade more valuable items.
A Gift Guru is someone that has proven to be an exceptionally good trader and helpful member of WI.
If you would like more information on the Gift Exchange, here are two links. The first one is kind of a guide that will show you how to make helpful posts so you can get into the training program. Special thanks to Gingerly for creating it.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-t327735.html
The next link is the Official link of the GE.(Gift Exchange) It has the rules required to become a GT (Gift Trainee) and it is where you post your agreement. You do have to be a member for at least 2 weeks and have 50 non fluff, helpful posts in order to qualify for the GT program (See Gingerly's thread for tips and hints)
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t-t219641.html

If you still have questions, feel free to ask them. Good luck if you plan to apply in the near future.
animegrl is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #3

Thanks so much Animegrl!

That was extremely helpful and answered ALL my questions. I guess I better get posting then .

From a Future Gifted

Mom to Moothilda
Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
hee! I'm a
Gift Guru

Bananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by bsburn99
Hi Insiders,

I am pretty new here and keep hearing these terms tossed around. Could someone please explain to this newbie what this is all about????

Thanks

Mom to Moothilda
Hi BsBurn! (Love your cow - Mootilda is a much more original name than my Moos - Dulce & Leche)
Animegrl pretty much covered what the different definitions are of Trainee, Guru, etc. With the Trading Room (and Kinzchat Trading Room) open in WW some folks are choosing to trade over there or, they just haven't discovered WI
I've just graduated from Gift Trainee status to Gifted and hopefully, eventually to Gift Guru. I MUCH prefer trading in the Gift Exchange (which you can't see until you are Gifted) because:
1) Some of those traders are REALLY fast over there in the trading room - I frustrate them with my slow pace. On the GE I'm a super fast trader - it's a completely different process.
2) In the Trading Room you can't identify (yet) what the other person's object is if you aren't familiar with it. Again, frustrating to me and definitely to the other person as I try to figure it out (I'm starting to wonder if I should do Flash Cards)
3) You may, or may not, have success over in the Trading Room finding what you are looking for. In the Gift Exchange I can do a search and either find what I am looking for or identify a trader who might be looking for one of my objects.
There are plenty of truly talented Trading Room traders who do a great job. I'm just not one of them - but I do a bang-up job on my trades, usually - everybody happy!
And that is going through Gift Training is so cool, at least for me!
If you have any questions or just want to chat about it pls. don't hesitate to PM me!
Take care,

Bananagoil

---------- Bananagoil added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by bsburn99
Thanks so much Animegrl!

That was extremely helpful and answered ALL my questions. I guess I better get posting then .

From a Future Gifted

Mom to Moothilda
Looks as if you were busy reading and posting while I was typing my novel Hope to see you in the GE soon!

Last edited by Bananagoil; 08-28-2008 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #5

Thanks to you Bananagoil!

You gave me even more hlepful info! Now I just need stuff to trade I guess

Mom to Moothilda
Old 08-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

The Gift Exchange is a place in WI where you can exchange gift ( a.k.a trading with other members ) with other members. In order to have access to the main GE, you have to understand what the rules and how the GE works. This is where a Gift Trainee comes in.
Once you have 50 good posts ( GOOD posts, not short useless 3-word sentences ), and have been a member of WI for atleast 2 weeks, you can read through the rules and regulations, and apply here.
I would also reccomend reading this thread about making good posts in order to become Gifted.

If you have been accepted, then you will recieve a PM about 1-2 weeks later including your next instructions ( which I cannot give to you, because can not currently access the threads you have to read after you have been accepted ).

After you have been in the Gift Trainee section for a minimum of 2-4 weeks, then your Gift coach may nomintate you to 'graduate' from the Gift Training Section. If the admin accepts you, then your Gifted!

After you have spent atleast 30 days in the regular GE section ( 30 after graduating ), have 500 good trades after becoming Gifted, and show excellence in behaivor and in trading, you may become a Gift Guru
Once you are a Gift Guru, you have another section that is opened for you, the Gift Guru Section.. where Gift Guru's talk with other Gift Guru's.

So the whole process going form a Webkinz to a Gift Guru doesn't take a couple weeks.... it takes about 3-4 months.
Hope this helps!!
Livi is offline Female
Old 08-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #7

Thanks Livi!

Wow, all this info will sure come in handy.

Mom to Moothilda
Old 08-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #8

joejonas#1fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Trust me Iknow how you feel becuase I am new too now i know that there's someone out there just as clueless and helpless like me, but dont worry im way more lost than you, a few tips would be kind.
joejonas#1fan is offline Female
Closed