Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
avalanche wolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Getting tired of waiting for this to work and out of ideas

My kids just started playing webkinz about a month ago and everything was great , ever as parents we were enjoying the games on the site.

Xmas day we started getting the following when going to the webkinz site.

Click the image to open in full size.

Then talking to our friends more and more of them started getting the same thing.

In the past two week we have been able to get on maybe twice and to top it off we just bought 6 new webkinz for our sons 7th birthday on the 01/03 that he still has not been able to play with.

At first I thought it was just us but like i said above other people no in this house nor in this neighborhood are getting the same exact page.

Any help would be greatly appericated.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
midget76
Webkinz :)
midget76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Getting tired of waiting for this to work and out of ideas

You should contact GANZ, they can probably tell you why that is happening!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
horsychick
Webkinz :)

horsiechick is on a distinguished road

try reloading the padge!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
Lil Kinz

i have tried reloading the page , clearing out the internet files , clearing the history , removing all the adware.

As I said I have tried this for over two weeks , I have also tried it on multiple computers and friends that have this as well aare getting the same page.

---------- avalanche wolf added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by midget76
You should contact GANZ, they can probably tell you why that is happening!
I have tried to contact them but I have not recieved a call back during this past week. Tried to call again this weekend but they are only open M-Thurs

Last edited by avalanche wolf; 01-05-2008 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

Do you have Internet Explorer? I'm
pretty sure I read posted, that people
who have a different browser are having
these problems. Also there are issues with
parental controls and fire walls that are
causing problems. I wish I had a magic
answer for you, it must terribly frustrating.
I don't know if Ganz can help, but here's
the number. Mon-Fri 9-5
1-866-932-5469
Good luck. Please let us know. I just saw a post that said
Firefox browser works really well for Webkinz World.

Last edited by Gingerly; 01-05-2008 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: Added information
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Gifted

thecowgurl will become famous soon enough

The internet page you are showing is not www.webkinz.com. I can't see the address bar in the pic very well, but something is wrong with that address. click this link and bookmark. www.webkinz.com or just type in www.webkinz.com
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Lil Kinz

View Post Originally Posted by thecowgurl
The internet page you are showing is not www.webkinz.com. I can't see the address bar in the pic very well, but something is wrong with that address. click this link and bookmark. www.webkinz.com or just type in www.webkinz.com

When i click on the link you provided it worked for a few mins. After I shut the window down and reopened it I got the following again as you can see with your post in the back ground.

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- avalanche wolf added 7 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerlytoo
Do you have Internet Explorer? I'm
pretty sure I read posted, that people
who have a different browser are having
these problems. Also there are issues with
parental controls and fire walls that are
causing problems. I wish I had a magic
answer for you, it must terribly frustrating.
I don't know if Ganz can help, but here's
the number. Mon-Fri 9-5
1-866-932-5469
Good luck. Please let us know. I just saw a post that said
Firefox browser works really well for Webkinz World.
I just downloaded Fixfire per your suggestion and I got the same exact page. I did no importing of the IE bookmarks or anything . Just a completely clean copy of firefox

Did I say

---------- avalanche wolf added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

Cant find the edit button , oh well

I downloaded Firefox not fixfire . All worked up over this with 3 small kids asking if it is fixed and when they saw it working exploded with happiness and then it didnt so they are very bumbed out now.

Last edited by avalanche wolf; 01-05-2008 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
Gifted

The address bar is too small and fuzzy to read. What does it say? Verify it says http://www.webkinz.com If it says that EXACTLY, refresh the page and watch what is being displayed on the very left side of the status bar which is the grey bar at the very bottom of the browser page. It seems like you're being hijacked, which is quite possible. The true address will show there while the page is loading. IF that's the case, you need to go to http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan and scan your computer. If you have a virus program make sure it is updated. Also, you might go to cnet.com or another software review site and look for ad aware or other software to watch your computer.

I read a story recently, if you ever typed in an address incorrectly and it took you to certain sites, it will forever take you to those sites. There are viruses or something that do that. They take advantage of mistyped webadresses and hijack you.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #9
Lil Kinz

Trying Panda now

I have also in the last week installed watch dog and CounterSpy for adware scanning all which are cleared. So hopfully this will work

---------- avalanche wolf added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

The site we are typing in is www.webkinz.com

The last picture I posted was done by clicking on the link provided by the poster which still took me to this junk page.

Last edited by avalanche wolf; 01-05-2008 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
Gifted

Good luck, I feel for ya. Seems like all I do is pc maintenance. People taking advantage of other people is just plain wrong. I'll try to find that article about browser hijackers.

Last edited by thecowgurl; 01-05-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Closed