Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Gifted

Recall5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Gem hunt crashes when getting a gem

The last two times I have played gem hunt, I recieved a gem. Each time when I click on the gem I get an error message that logs me out. When I return to Webkinz, I can no longer look for gems and the gem is not in the gem box.

Whlie I am at it....

Yesterday I purchased a new room from the map. I placed it directly below the existing room. The 1000 KC was deducted then, once again, the game displayed an error and logged me out. Upon return, there was no room added.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Webkinz :)
soccerkinz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Gem hunt crashes when getting a gem

I don't think there is anything you can do. I have had the same thing happen and it is so frustrating. I have lost my last 4 gems. I have tried going on late at night (West Coast Time) thinking that the site would not be as busy. I still lost my gem. I have also lost $3000 kinz cash trying to buy a room. How do we know when the problems they are having at GANZ are fixed before losing more cash? At this point I am so frustrated, but you can't return the webkinz pet once the code is used! It is great when things are running smoothly, but there is NO customer service when things aren't working!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Ratqueen
Gifted

Ratqueen has a spectacular aura about

This has been happening to everybody since the last maintenance to "improve the site" early on Thursday evening.

I've lost plenty because of that so far, and since Ganz doesn't keep us up-to-date about what's going on or when things are fixed or not working, people sadly keep losing their cash. That's why I started a thread about this the other day (here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...y-t173241.html ), so WE can let each others know whether the problem is fixed or not. Until then, I won't do a thing on Webkinz...

I also think the best thing to do is to keep emailing and bugging Ganz about it, and demanding restitution (even though I don't think they will give us back anything, according to their last reply to me). I can't believe they still haven't fixed this MAJOR glitch for the last 3 days. Now it's the week-end and I can only imagine how many people are going to be ripped off because of this recurring problem.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Webkinz :)
jlkoala is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Ratqueen
This has been happening to everybody since the last maintenance to "improve the site" early on Thursday evening.

I've lost plenty because of that so far, and since Ganz doesn't keep us up-to-date about what's going on or when things are fixed or not working, people sadly keep losing their cash. That's why I started a thread about this the other day (here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...y-t173241.html ), so WE can let each others know whether the problem is fixed or not. Until then, I won't do a thing on Webkinz...

I also think the best thing to do is to keep emailing and bugging Ganz about it, and demanding restitution (even though I don't think they will give us back anything, according to their last reply to me). I can't believe they still haven't fixed this MAJOR glitch for the last 3 days. Now it's the week-end and I can only imagine how many people are going to be ripped off because of this recurring problem.
What exactly was their reply to you? If they don't intend to fix it, I don't intend to buy any more Webkinz.

We need to organize a strike, lol!!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Ratqueen
Gifted

Ratqueen has a spectacular aura about

This was a reply over the Christmas fiasco when, basically, the same types of problems were plaguing Webkinz World as they are now. I mentioned losing a lot of cash and items from being unexpectedly logged off, and asked for restitution. They just sent me the following canned answer:

Hello,

Thank you for your question regarding missing or lost items/Kinzcash.

While it is not a regular occurrence, missing items/Kinzcash can be caused by a momentary ‘hiccup' in Webkinz World. This has been noted in accounts that may have items stored improperly (items blocking doorways, overloading rooms excessively with items). For more information on how to store items and decorate rooms correctly please refer to the Webkinz Guide, which can be found in the 'Things to Do' menu once you log-in.

Please be advised that, as stated in our User Agreement, the website and all materials contained on it are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Any lost or missing items resulting from a minor anomaly on the website will NOT be awarded. For more information please refer to the User Agreement located on the main Webkinz homepage.

We are aware that sometimes technical problems do arise while using the website and we continue to address these issues. Our technical team works very hard to not only fix problems as they arise but also to make sure that once an issue is identified and fixed, it does not reoccur.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused

Thank you,

Webkinz Customer Support

Quite frankly, I do not believe this type of widespread problems affecting every Webkinz user for several days in a row qualifies as a "minor anomaly", as they call it. I'm quite upset with Ganz over their complete lack of customer support.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Lil Kinz
JCB905 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had the exact same problems mentioned above - lost several gems and a room i just tried to buy. The money is gone, but the room isn't there. I also saw another post here that applies to me as well - the issue with Quizzy's corner not remembering that I answered the same calendar question 5 times already.

I also have not been able to get into the clubhouse for several days now - it says the server cannot connect. I am new to webkinz just since Christmas and it seemed to work ok for a few days, but around January 1or 2 - all these things went haywire. Looks like I picked the wrong time to get addicted to webkinz!!
---------------------------
:pgn:
Penny says HI!!
Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
Gifted
yiayia19 is on a distinguished road

try cleaning out your temperary folder. that might help.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

Aww...I'm really so sorry that all this has
been happening to you...to all of you.
I wonder if it has anything to do with people
waiting until after Christmas to adopt pets,
because they'd heard how things weren't
going well with the Christmas adoptions.
They had a tremendous volume of people
on the site during that time.
I'm sure you have, but did you do *the usual*
....Log out...Clear Temp Internet Files...Clear
History...Delete Cookies....Restart Computer.
Also, have you called Ganz or just emailed?
( they received over 10,000 emails over xmas)
Just in case you don't have the number...
Mon-Fri 9-5 1-866-932-5469
Good luck everyone!
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 01-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
Lil Kinz
whatevia is an unknown quantity at this point

started happening to me thursday also...lost my last 3 gems. that's pretty much the only game i started enjoying to play myself and there it went.

what i've done is email support@webkinz.com each time right after it happens (right after ANYTHING wierd happens). now i don't expect it to do any good but i'm going to let them know what's wrong again and again and again.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
popcorn88888

This never happened to me but it is most likely the afterwords of the maintence on the 4th of jan and people have been reporting buying there rooms being logged off then logging back in money gone no room i don't if the room is still a problem but today i did the gem hunt it worked but i woke up really early in the morning glitches can be caused by the overwhlem of traffic ex:webkinz paused when trying to get in a certin clubhouse room this is caused by multiple people trying to get in that same room so it paused you have to log out and log back in this can get annoying Another time i was in my room webkinz logged me out i logged back in all my rare cars were gone so i logged out then logged back in they were there perfectly where i parked them some people arn't as lucky and the lose there item which is the "item glitch"
but some items are there but they are not showing which is a "stuck item" .

contact info
support@webkinz.com
866-webkinz

ww user:popcorn88888

hope i helped sorry about that
Closed